The ethics of stealing video games

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
why is this a question. If ea made the game, GREEN LIGHT. If someone else made the game, pirating is a demo. If the game is good for more than a few hours, buy it. If its shit, don't.

EZ.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Confession. When I was like 12 i pirated games. I was on AOL and you'd get an email with what a warez group had to offer then they would email it to you in chunks. So you'd have to download 500MB over like 30 emails on dial up. Shit took for fucking ever.

I just think it's shitty for an adult working for a living to say things like having $500 shoes that haven't been worn but won't pay $48 for a game that's probably game of the year.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Confession. When I was like 12 i pirated games. I was on AOL and you'd get an email with what a warez group had to offer then they would email it to you in chunks. So you'd have to download 500MB over like 30 emails on dial up. Shit took for fucking ever.

I just think it's shitty for an adult working for a living to say things like having $500 shoes that haven't been worn but won't pay $48 for a game that's probably game of the year.
I don't know about you, but I try my shoes on before buying them, even if I don't plan on wearing them except for extremely rare events.

Izo

Tranny Chaser

rrr_img_97988.jpg

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
I did pirate Witcher 2. Played it about 10 hours, decided I didn't like it, uninstalled, didn't buy a legit copy. I may pick it up next time it's 75% off just to support an independent studio, but I have no plans to 'demo' Witcher 3.
I bought Witcher 1 a couple of years ago, hated the controls. Didn't get Witcher 2. Might buy this one sense people seem to think it's better and the controls are different. We'll see how bored I am Tuesday.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
I bought Witcher 1 a couple of years ago, hated the controls. Didn't get Witcher 2. Might buy this one sense people seem to think it's better and the controls are different. We'll see how bored I am Tuesday.
Controls for Witcher 2 are way way different from Witcher 1 as well. The combat system in Witcher 1 is a complete turn off for me. I've never completed the game because of it.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
With the full combat rebalance mod (made by a CDPR dev) playing The Witcher 2 on a controller is preferable, and quite enjoyable. Never finished Witcher 1 due to controls as well. The enhanced version fixed alt of the problems, but by now I doubt I will ever play it.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
I haven't pirated games in like 15 years. Pretty much the same amount of time I've been earning money.
The pc games industry needs all the help it can get. I genuinely feel that piracy can/does have a negative impact on the quality of games produced.
On the other hand, I am pretty sure musicians/Hollywood movies are not shittier as a result of people torrenting them. A large income source for musicians are concerts. A lot of people pay for hbo and other tv, and prefer to watch movies in theatres.
There is no alternative income source for game developers. If you don't buy their game, that's just money they don't get.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
With the full combat rebalance mod (made by a CDPR dev) playing The Witcher 2 on a controller is preferable, and quite enjoyable. Never finished Witcher 1 due to controls as well. The enhanced version fixed alt of the problems, but by now I doubt I will ever play it.
Having just reinstalled the game and tried it with and without FCR2, I would strongly advise against using it for a first-time playthrough. I ended up sticking with vanilla combat, the whole auto-parry thing is just derpy to me now. No idea how I ever made it through the game that way last time I played it, and I'm very glad that they didn't use FCR2 as a basis for TW3 combat.

Controller is superior no matter which combat system you use.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
tecknoe, wigger bro, you got a $15/hr job because of nepotism, that's sad. Also you are a faggot for having sneakers that cost that much. Who the fuck do you think you are? Brahma?
wigger bro, why are you jealous? i think im me, im well aware of how i got my job i bet im the only one on this entire forum who has gotten their job through family or friends with influence right wigger bro? thats how shit happens idiot, network know people.

ok im a fag cause i spent 500$ on sneakers, and you're a nerd for all the money you spend on whatever hobby tickles your little pickle, what is it coin collection? or like star trek collectible figurines? i like to look nice so i spend good money on clothes you spend it on video games, wigger bro, and this pair of sneakers happens to be a limited addition from space jams one of my favorite movies as a kid, with my favorite athlete i like mah shoes
smile.png

Mario Speedwagon

Gold Recognition
<Prior Amod>
$15 an hour job given to him by family. Doesn't actually do anything at work. Looks forward to inheriting this company in the future. Buys $500 sneakers. Brags on the internet about software piracy.

Good for you bro.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
$15 an hour job given to him by family. Doesn't actually do anything at work. Looks forward to inheriting this company in the future. Buys $500 sneakers. Brags on the internet about software piracy.

Good for you bro.
wait where was i bragging about software piracy? i dont think i ever did.

unless me saying i torrent single player games is bragging then yah got me doc!

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
Its pretty sweet my neg ended up in your profile Teck, Just put my name on it. Perhaps if you read it like the daily mantra it has become, there is 2,667 (currently) places that you can attempt to change your life on this forum alone. I think you should put on your 500 dollar sneakers while you post on rerolled.

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Controls for Witcher 2 are way way different from Witcher 1 as well. The combat system in Witcher 1 is a complete turn off for me. I've never completed the game because of it.
Haha I just said fuck it, got a trainer, set it to unlimited mana and just used that uber nuke spell he gets to get through the game for the story. Fuck the combat in that game. What a terrible idea that was.