The Evelys Apology

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Celebrindal

Golden Squire
Honestly, anyone who played EQ should have leathered skin when it comes to Manginas. No one gives a flying fuck what gender you are. I was totally fine moving to MN, but having to move a third time was fucking bullshit.

That was a dumb fucking thing to do, apology not accepted.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
My first EQ character was a female half-elf. After a few days of being called honey, sweetie, etc I rolled a male gnome.
Yeah, I had a few female characters but none of them made it out of the newbie zone. Having people think that I was a female just felt very creepy and dishonest to me. I always played in first person anyway, so I didn't care what my character's ass looked like.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I was honestly very surprised that we survived a second migration, especially since the FoH viruses were supposedly fixed. I'm still pretty shocked.
I think it's a bit early to declare victory. This site is very nice, but I'm not going to feel like everything is good until we find out what the bill is going to be and find a way to pay it. Donations are usually pretty easy to get at the beginning, but usually like less than 5% of users actually donate and the same people get tired of sending in money month after month. I know on the Steel Warrior we only needed like $150 a month but it seemed like it kept getting paid mostly by the same 10-20 people. If a way can be found to pay for the site with ads I think that would be the way to go.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, I had a few female characters but none of them made it out of the newbie zone. Having people think that I was a female just felt very creepy and dishonest to me. I always played in first person anyway, so I didn't care what my character's ass looked like.
Lol some seriously weak ass excuses for playing female characters. Ohh I hate looking at a guys ass! Ohh I hate the voice! Bitch are you retarded? EQ had neither of those things.

Just admit the fact you either liked the attention you got, you always wanted to be a girl, or you wanted to exploit the creepers on the internet for free stuff.

Burnesto

Molten Core Raider
My first character was male. As I played I realized how easy it was for the manginas to manipulate people.

I then rolled a female character. It basically started raining free stuff.

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I was born a male, but then I realized how easy it was for even ugly chicks to get laid, so I started dressing up as and pretending to be a woman.

When I hear excuses for playing a mangina, this is basically what I'm hearing. You can claim it's only for your video game, but I don't see how the underlying thought process is really that much different.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
in defense. i had a female inky SK high end twink so i soloed a fuckton and never had to group her with anyone, akheva was always empty of people and full of wonderful undead. when i did group it was with my guild who all knew i was chuk. there is a point in the game when you cease dealing with the outside public of the rest of the server and only see your buddies from the time you log in to the time you log out. i was fortunate enough to have accomplished this for over 3 years. only time i grouped with strangers was when they were probies and i was to watch them play their char (usually a shaman) and see how good/bad they did. then we report back on their probie thread.

Zhaun_sl

shitlord
You guys are right, just needed a bit of time to cool off I guess. This whole episode just showed how much this community means to me by how upset I got by people trying to destroy it.

So thanks for the kind words guys, and thanks (again) to Tuco and to Draegan for giving us a new, new home.
smile.png

smile.png

smile.png

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
At least stay for the holidays to see how it turns out.
Or at least until the Mayan Apocalypse. If it ends up being a mangina induced meltdown of global proportions, who better to ride the mushroom cloud with than this lot?

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yea pretty much.

It's weird, most people I know read something in the morning news wise (cnn fox whatever), but for the past decade or so my morning ritual was to get some caffeine/cereal/whatever and open foh. It's also weird that I felt a slight pang of sadness thinking everyone might get blown to the wind.... even the people over the years you don't like.

/solidarity

Fuck those three. <3 you guys

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I was born a male, but then I realized how easy it was for even ugly chicks to get laid, so I started dressing up as and pretending to be a woman.

When I hear excuses for playing a mangina, this is basically what I'm hearing. You can claim it's only for your video game, but I don't see how the underlying thought process is really that much different.
Really? My BE Warlock in WoW was a female and I pretty much only played with people who know me in real life. I'm not some fat neckbeard, so I'm not really looking for attention from people on the internet. I just thought the character model looked cool. Sometimes, it's not really a deep, psychological reason.

iannis

Musty Nester
You guys are right, just needed a bit of time to cool off I guess. This whole episode just showed how much this community means to me by how upset I got by people trying to destroy it.

So thanks for the kind words guys, and thanks (again) to Tuco and to Draegan for giving us a new, new home.
smile.png
Every last one of us was bummed for an hour to a day. A guy on FoH posted right afterwards, "It's like I broke up with my bitch girlfriend but then lost my job and have to ask her for money. Feels bad, man". I lol'd at that, and yeah... that's apt.

But then a few hours go past and you realize you just got SERIOUSLY trolled by a millie... AGAIN... and what can you do but laugh at the internet? Some things are just too strange and fucked up to stay upset about.

I mean honestly, what are the odds that Ev would be using pics of a chick someone else would recognize? That's just sloppy. You go to facebook and search for people in some small hick fuck town and get your pics there.

smile.png

smile.png

Status
Not open for further replies.