The Expanse

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
They aren't relevant to the plot until book 8. They fix up Amos after he eats a few too many bullets. Beyond repairing stuff(with some side effects), their purpose isn't really explained. The Ring Builders made them and they were inert until the construction platforms were reenabled around Laconia.

Cybsled

Book spoilers re: dogs

They come into play in book 7. Basically, the dogs are some type of protomolecule repair drones. They repair living and non-living things. Xan (and eventually Cara) become resurrected by them, which gives Duarte/Corisar the idea to use it to basically grant immortality so Duarte can become a god emperor IRL.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
If they were gonna announce any further plans I feel they would have done so during the live-tweet this evening.

All the comments from the various actors / producers / writers makes it sound like this is indeed the end... They just made sure to put all their toys away so they could bring them back out again later if need be.

Maybe they will wait to let the actors age a bit? Since people live longer in the future they could probably make a good case for them being 30 years older in 5-10 years.

Goatface

Maybe they will wait to let the actors age a bit? Since people live longer in the future they could probably make a good case for them being 30 years older in 5-10 years.

think they did away with the time skip with the ship coming through the ring at the end

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
What a disappointing final season. Out with a whimper. Not bad enough that it ruins the rest of the show just by association, like Game of Thrones, but still.

It felt rushed even tho nothing happened. It felt "small" even tho it was the biggest event of the plot so far. It.... Oh fuck it I'm not going to do this to myself.

I had such high hopes for The Expanse when I started watching it say back during Season 2. That's a big part of why I'm so disappointed. But still, man...

spronk

FPS noob
yeah i deleted seasons 5-6 from my NAS, i'll rewatch 1-3 anytime. They are fucking fantastic and ironically all from SyFy. 1-2 episodes of 4 are ok near the end. 5 & 6 are extremely mediocre where nothing important happens.

Season 6 is at least short. Well, I fast forwarded every time Filip, Naomi, or Marcos were on screen so that shaved like 2 hours from a 5 hour run time lol It was basically a movie! A boring movie.

The showrunner said the only reason the Laconia scenes were in season 6 was to keep the protomolecule link around. Jesus, what a stupid reason.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Grez

Molten Core Raider
Book spoilers re: dogs

They come into play in book 7. Basically, the dogs are some type of protomolecule repair drones. They repair living and non-living things. Xan (and eventually Cara) become resurrected by them, which gives Duarte/Corisar the idea to use it to basically grant immortality so Duarte can become a god emperor IRL.
Oh great, so that colony goes fucking insane and tries to invade the rest in the future?

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I wouldn't call them insane. Laconia isn't cartoonishly evil. I would highly recommend reading the books if you want to see the continuation of this story.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
I wouldn't call them insane. Laconia isn't cartoonishly evil. I would highly recommend reading the books if you want to see the continuation of this story.

I second that. The Marco Inaros part is mostly a huge filler episode in a series of otherwise very interesting sci-fi, and Laconia is the main antagonist of the entire series so it'd be a shame to stop yourself at the series' apparent ending when it's so much better afterwards (though I still think the first couple books at the best of the series but that's because I really liked the investigation aspect with Miller).

ShakyJake

<Donor>
I've subscribed to Audible and just began Persepolis Rising. If you're an Amazon Prime member you'll get 2 free credits.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Was a huge fan of the giant rail gun this episode. Sucks this is the last of the series for the foreseeable future if Im understanding you guys correctly.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Shmoopy

Rewatching all before the final season. Damn this is the best sci-fi series ever.

• 2Like
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 2 users

spronk

FPS noob
stop at season 4 lol

nah its fine to finish but one huge recommendation season 4-6: skip any scene where you see Naomi, her stupid kid, or Marcos Inaros. you'll shave like 30% of time and not miss a thing

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
And here I was thinking I was the only person who fast forwarded through even Marcos' scenes. What a cliche caricature of an antagonist.

The dialogue and the characters got worse and worse as the series went on other than Bobbie and Amos. Avasarala is probably the worst of all of them in that regard. It was a complete flanderization. Going from swearing here and there to make the character feel more authentic and "down to earth" to just always swearing at everything.

Torrid

Molten Core Raider
I'm still sad they killed Holden's blonde girlfriend in S1E1. Clearly it drove him crazy

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Araxen

I finished season 6 in one night, and I was ok with it. The nuke thing was so fucking dumb though. Please tell me that isn't in the books.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Show handled it much worse. Initially, book and show were the same in the reason he disabled the warhead. Book gave Holden character growth and changed circumstances as a reason why he would pull the trigger the second time. Show gave us Filip's baby momma bitching out Holden.