The Expanse

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Love interest's kid vs the little fucker killed 5 billion people, including your extended family ?
This is james holden. He has a well proven ability to do whatever the fuck he thinks is right no matter how earth shatteringly unwise that may be.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Final episode is now up.

I still refuse to believe they have no plan for the final three books.

ShakyJake

<Donor>
Did I miss something? Felt like the story with the little girl was incomplete.

Enjoyed the series immensely but they really rushed through at the end.

Sterling

El Presidente
I mostly enjoyed the finale even if it wasn't more than I had predicted early on about it mostly resolving the Marcos thing and not doing a whole lot past that. The Laconia stuff could have been pretty cool, but just wasn't really fleshed out at all and just kind of stopped.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Rocinante and a slow ass fucking ice hauler beat everyone else to the ring despite a days/weeks disadvantage.

Why did the Rocinante go in with the pods? To shoot down torpedos from Medina? No way torpedos are making it through the chaff of 2k+ pods.

Amos's and Bobbie's CGId faces was really distracting. There was definitely some budget cuts for the rail gun scenes.

How did Marco know the railgun reactors needed repairing? Medina's comm array was destroyed before the reactor was blown.

Kinda wanted to see some big groups of ships slugging it out. Whomever's been doing the ship CGI and tactics for this show definitely has a passion. Voicemail from Avasarala "oops, we lost" was underwhelming and again, tactically hard to appreciate.

So fucking glad they did Strange Dogs. They even (mis)cast Duarte for some reason. Dude looked way too young for a season veteran leading a visionary coup.

Why tell us that Peaches is dying?

This feels like some poor planning going back as far as season 4. Perhaps this is hindsight, but I think you can reasonably jumpstart the Laconia and Free Navy storyline early so that the Tempest showing up doesn't feel out of place. I'm guessing they jumped 30 years in the books so that Bobbie and Peaches being part of the family was more organic and Laconia being as powerful as they were was reasonable. Actors bantering can make up for lost time easily. And you can say Duarte found the Katana Fleet, idk.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
well they just decided to go hamm on the marine names huh
b6fa6784c51690ddbccf4d016e3b95b6.jpg

• 5Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 6 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
well they just decided to go hamm on the marine names huh
b6fa6784c51690ddbccf4d016e3b95b6.jpg
That's great but my favorite easteregg for this show is counting the number of laptop coolers stuck to the walls to look like tech components.

They must raid giant corporate e-waste bins to build all their sets.

• 1Like

Cybsled

I thought it was great. This is how the 6th book ends. It’s a good pause point. Ya, it’s frustrating we may not see resolution of Laconia or ring entities, but they did a great adaptation

There is no way they could shoe horn in 3 additional books into a truncated season. It’s also clear they saved most of the budget for this final episode. The belter fight and the assault on ring space were awesome

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Szlia

I kinda liked how that last chat between Naomi and James encapsulates the way this season played out : many things lie ahead, but for now let's enjoy the fact that something got concluded.

• 1Like

nu_11

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Non-book reader here. So what was the deal with those space dogs resurrecting people?

Threelions

Victory Through Harmony
<Gold Donor>
Non-book reader here. So what was the deal with those space dogs resurrecting people?
I would like this info as well if someone can share.
What a hilarious mess of pacing at the end and this season in general.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
The space dogs come from a short story titled Strange Dogs that takes place between book 6 and book 7 and tees up some of the final trilogy stuff.