The Expanse

Cybsled

Ya, currently they still have to wrap up book 2. I think it will be fairly similar to how they handled the 1st book wrap up this season: book gets wrapped up slightly before mid season,then the remainder of the season focuses on 3rd book.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Haven't read this thread, didn't want to see spoilers, but had a question regarding season 2. I "endured" season 1, and the last episode made it all pay off. Am I gonna trudge through season 2, or do things actually happen in each episode? I love-hated that you had to pay attention the whole time or you'd miss critical details. I'm not sure if either response will change whether or not I continue watching, I'm just curious.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Season 2 was much denser in terms of moving forward the plot. It is worth noting that the first 'book' doesn't end until halfway through season 2. As a result there are several big payoffs in the first part of the season

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Haven't read this thread, didn't want to see spoilers, but had a question regarding season 2. I "endured" season 1, and the last episode made it all pay off. Am I gonna trudge through season 2, or do things actually happen in each episode? I love-hated that you had to pay attention the whole time or you'd miss critical details. I'm not sure if either response will change whether or not I continue watching, I'm just curious.

You'll dig season 2 a lot more man. There are several times more interesting events.

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Watching season 2 just made me want to read the books. Still have to watch the finale but it feels like all the big reveals are done and there's just a bit of drama that needs to play out. Will probably wait til season 3 hits a streaming service to watch it. This series is better that most of the other garbage airing right now, but not really worth the trouble of watching it weekly

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
I love-hated that you had to pay attention the whole time or you'd miss critical details.

This doesn’t change in S02. It won’t change in future seasons either. It’s a complex plot in a rich, detailed world setting. If you’re asking does the pace pick up a bit, the answer is yes.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Finally got around to watching season 2. I love it, second half is just amazing.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I am psyched. I finally got around the the books, I just finished Calibans War and I literally screamed at the fucking audiobook at the ending. Was not expecting that, even a little.

Div

Silver Knight of the Realm
I am psyched. I finally got around the the books, I just finished Calibans War and I literally screamed at the fucking audiobook at the ending. Was not expecting that, even a little.

I just finished Abaddon's Gate and was not happy with the ending. The portion of the book I wanted to know the most about was not clear and I was left a little confused.
I assume the next set of books discuss the giant space station that was able to control the law of physics, who these aliens are that created (or are) the protomolecule and what killed them? Are the next books worth it?

All the other stuff was amazing though. Super hyped for the show. Should probably rewatch the last half of season 2 to recall where it was all left off.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I just finished Abaddon's Gate and was not happy with the ending. The portion of the book I wanted to know the most about was not clear and I was left a little confused.
I assume the next set of books discuss the giant space station that was able to control the law of physics, who these aliens are that created (or are) the protomolecule and what killed them? Are the next books worth it?

All the other stuff was amazing though. Super hyped for the show. Should probably rewatch the last half of season 2 to recall where it was all left off.

You only know that... something killed them. The latest book kind of jumps the shark about it IMO.

spronk

FPS noob
Shit I didn't even realize the 7th and final book of The Expanse was out 4 months ago, time to do some reading this weekend before the new season. I'd say only the first 2-3 books are really worth it, the series kinda drops off after that although book 6 isn't bad (haven't read book 7 yet). Its pretty fast reading though.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Fuck yes. Don't even remember what was happening in the show, so gotta rewatch some.

Eros hit Venus, but don't remember much past that.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Fuck yes. Don't even remember what was happening in the show, so gotta rewatch some.

Eros hit Venus, but don't remember much past that.

martian army chick defects to earth as weird hybrid/protomolecule-infested humans show up and scare people

season 3 premier is in 6 days, stoked

i don't have a SyFy subscription, this is the one show that i buy the season pass from Amazon so i can stream it ASAP without pirating.