The Expanse

Cybsled

Ratings yes, but also media attention. Shit like 'Girls' stayed on HBO even though it had trash ratings because the critics/media loved it. Expanse did get some love in that department last season.

Although good ratings on Syfy are all subjective lol ;)

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Ratings yes, but also media attention. Shit like 'Girls' stayed on HBO even though it had trash ratings because the critics/media loved it. Expanse did get some love in that department last season.

Although good ratings on Syfy are all subjective lol ;)
I don’t think syfy can afford to float a show with bad ratings just because it gets critics’ praise. I don’t think this is a cheap show to make (for syfy anyways)

• 1Like

Cybsled

I'm pretty sure Syfy doesn't shoulder most of the costs on this. Syfy has been willing to float some shows, though, because they are trying to get people back to the station after all the reality shows and wrestling bullshit they pulled in lieu of actual scripted shows.

• 1Like

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
They did a pretty good job of showing Amos mentally switching from Naomi as his moral touchstone to holden.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Cybsled

I have to say I like the redesign of the Razorback vs. what it was in the books. In the books it was just a 1 seater with basically a jetfighter cockpit, but the super high tech version on the show is pretty awesome.

• 1Like

Goatface

syfy has shit numbers now
sad show only got 653k viewers, but think they screwed fans a few to many times

hopefully money from Space and Netflicks will keep it going.

---

• 1Like

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>

---

Does that include streamed numbers?

• 1Like

Cybsled

Live numbers only mean so much. 90% of the time I'm watching shows the next day or so on DVR.

• 1Like

Cybsled

I think it depends when they are watched. Same with OnDemand...if you watch within a certain proximity with the live date, the ratings count for more. I have to imagine OnDemand especially since most don't let you fast forward now.

• 1Like

Fadaar

That guy
Either I can watch a full hour episode that's 15+ minutes of commercials at 9 PM on my completely legal streaming (Comcast) when I have to be at work 5 AM the next day, or I can torrent it and watch a 44 minute episode whenever I feel like. Guess which I will always choose?

• 2Like

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
I feel like a lot of people that watch this show Torrent it. Hope it keeps high enough viewership to get renewed.

• 1Like

Caliane

---
yeah, that Syfy is on hulu, and youtubeTV, etc effect things for their business model. Only they have the numbers, so can really make any real judgement.

• 1Like

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
Either I can watch a full hour episode that's 15+ minutes of commercials at 9 PM on my completely legal streaming (Comcast) when I have to be at work 5 AM the next day, or I can torrent it and watch a 44 minute episode whenever I feel like. Guess which I will always choose?
This, so much. Fucking commercials on subscription TV services can eat a dick. We are already paying for the content, just let us watch the goddam content.

I dont know how many times I've had a "legal" subscription service for a show and have instead watched a lower resolution version on an "illegal" streaming site, because fuck watching the FarCry 5 commercial literally 30 goddam times per episode.

• 1Like

Cybsled

General Cable TV isn't direct revenue for the station, though. Ads and their revenue are what drives whether or not a show gets to continue, unless the station is willing to make it a loss leader for various reasons. It is part of the reason why you see way, way more product placement in TV shows now: They have to adapt to people using commercial skipping methods, so now you bake the commercial into the show like they used to do.

• 1Like

Qhue

Trump's Staff
God damn I love this show... Amos continues to be the soul of the main cast and Wes Chatham's portryal of him as calm yet undeniably powerful is on point.

• 2Like

Fadaar

That guy
Him and Alex have always been the two best of the crew. Even better that Wes Chatham was actually in the Navy.

• 1Like

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Thought that kid had an Emmy worth performance. Then I looked him up. Chatham’s bio reads like a Sociopath. He was typecast for this.

Great role though.

• 2Like

Butthurt

<Nazi Janitors>
Did Ashur and that guy from the pleasure craft get killed when the UN vessel destroyed the pleasure craft last week? Episode was totally focused on Chrisjen and Bobbie.

• 1Like

Zajeer

Molten Core Raider
Did Ashur and that guy from the pleasure craft get killed when the UN vessel destroyed the pleasure craft last week? Episode was totally focused on Chrisjen and Bobbie.
I think they left it open. This week Chrisjen asked where the drop-ship was, and Bobbie said "I don't know". I think we haven't seen the last of Ashur

• 2Like