The Expanse

Cybsled

Canceled? WHAT THE FUCK?

If Netflix or Amazon don't pick this up, I am going to be ultra pissed.

• 3Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah it feels like guilt on Amos' part, like he helped turn him into this. Really cool seeing that

Dude that plays Amos is really good at the subtle stuff like inflection and facial expressions to get that across. But you're totally right.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ladro

Anomaly
How the fuck does Syfy cancel this? God damn I hate them. Netflix or Amazon better get this.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Goatface

figured it would get cancelled with Nightflyers coming this year.

in latest live+7, it doubled it 18-49 numbers, .2 to .4 and went from 554k total viewers to 1.128m

certainly poor compared to old syfy, but just a few points off their current pace

hope it gets picked up

• 1Like

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Will watch the rest of this season and then have no reason to ever watch Syfy again, like before.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Goatface

any idea what netflix or amazon spend on their shows normally?
reportedly season 1 cost from between $60m and $75m
while season 2 was $50m

was reading that normally SyFy only pays 20% of costs in season 1 and their share goes up 20% each season after that.

• 1Like

ShakyJake

<Donor>
I only made it maybe six episodes in before I got turned off of it, were season two and three better in your opinion? I really wanted to like the show.
It got very "timey wimey" which is something I really enjoyed. The upcoming 4th season is final and will complete the series.

• 1Like

Gurgeh

Silver Baronet of the Realm
How the fuck does Syfy cancel this? God damn I hate them. Netflix or Amazon better get this.
I took a syfy sub just for this, so I guess I'll cancel... I don't care about anything else they're airing.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
It got very "timey wimey" which is something I really enjoyed. The upcoming 4th season is final and will complete the series.

An end point is encouraging acrually. Part of what turned me off was after a bit it felt like the concept didn't work for a show format, because the ways to keep kicking the can down the road would probably be increasingly contrived.

That was just my feeling when season 1 was first airing, tho. I think I'll give the show another shot.

• 1Like

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I read something about Syfy only having live view rights or something, so they only get paid if you watch it when it airs. I don't know how that shit works tho.

• 1Like

Cybsled

zzzzzzb6xjdadlkax01.jpg

• 5Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 5 users

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
That needs to be put all over their forums if they have any.

• 1Like

Ladro

Anomaly
Here's the thing, people will still watch the channel. It would take a mass revolt of all their programming for a few quarters to really send a message. They clearly don't care and are making business decisions versus content ones, so hitting their ad revenue is the only way to send a message. Won't happen though because people will still tune in for garbage like Face Off and Jim Henson's Creature Challenge which is probably driving more revenue.

Syfy TV Show Ratings (updated 5/10/18) - canceled TV shows - TV Series Finale

• 1Like

Cybsled

I'll still watch the channel when The Magicians, Happy, or Killjoys is on. But outside of that, nothing else on the station interests me now.

• 1Like