The Expanse

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
While the railgun glitch was certainly plot convenient i don't necessarily dislike it, plenty of worse routes they could have gone for inventing consequences.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cybsled

It works in terms of manipulating the president. Allegedly because of his inaction, millions are now dead (since the inaction caused the electrical glitch allegedly). Now he is more likely to trust McSleezeball on military actions.

• 1Like

Fadaar

That guy
Definitely felt like a setup episode but enjoyed it. Mei was the Cindy Lou Who of the episode and, especially after asking Mao about his daughters, turned his cold black heart back to normal.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
Jules Pierre Mao wrote his own death sentence when he told the pedo doctor that he can't play with kids anymore

Also interesting that Jules said daughters, that means Clarissa is probably in the show

• 1Like

Cybsled

Clarissa was mentioned in passing in a prior season as well.

• 1Like

Cybsled

Well, the protomolecule sure likes to see how things work lol

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
man, this show is so good. awesome character development, and in subtle, interesting ways. Amos looking on dumbfounded as Prax casually pulls a corpse off of the supplies they were salvaging was great.

watching this episode because i can't sleep (or maybe i can't ever sleep wednesday nights because i don't get to watch The Expanse til 3am) and my mind was racing, started dreaming up what EverQuest class each character would play as

-Holden is obviously a paladin
-Amos is a shadow knight, but a human one, not a straight evil race
-Naomi is a gnome rogue (for tinkering and sneaking both)
-Alex is hard to pin down. i feel like he'd roll a Magician, tho.
-Prax is a druid

-Miller would have been a rogue

-Draper is a warrior
-Avasarala is an enchanter
-Cotyar (Avasarala's spy) is a ranger. that aim!

-Errinwright is a necromancer
-Mao is a dark elf wizard
-Anna is a bard

• 1Like
  • 1Picard

spronk

FPS noob
goddamn how the fuck do you stand around while some psycho kid is playing organ lego in front of you

I wonder if the Katoa POV shot meant that Strickland (and everyone else) was infected with some form of the protomolecule. With Holden & co on the way, shit is about to go down

• 1Like

Cybsled

No, he just had enhanced vision and was seeing the electrical activity inside Strickland's body (which is why his brain was lit up like a Christmas tree)

• 1Like

ShakyJake

<Donor>
Kind of surprised they could catch up to the Nauvoo to turn it around. Since it's a generational starship that thing had to have been booking out of the solar system at a high velocity.

I thought it was a poigant moment as they looked around and saw the scenes from Earth murals.

• 1Like

Cybsled

They explain it a bit better in the book, but after it missed its target, they altered its trajectory and cut the engines so it wouldnt leave the solar system.

• 2Like

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
The true measure of the quality of this show is the sheer number of times I yell "DAAAMN Bitch!" St the screen.

For the record we are averaging 5-6 per episode this season

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Prax's transformation into a total bad ass continues to be awesome to watch. such good chemistry with Amos.

• 2Like

Ladro

Anomaly
Great episode again. The show keeps delivering. The bridge scene was amazing and tense, I really hope that Admiral guy gets what's coming to him. Amos seems almost uncomfortable with Prax now, like even he thinks it's too far.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity

spronk

FPS noob
'The Expanse' Cancelled at Syfy, Will Be Shopped to Other Networks

ydcNVWL.gif

• 4Solidarity
  • 3Picard
Reactions: 6 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Come on Netflix save this. This is SyFy, I don't even know why I watch their shit anymore.

• 5Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

spronk

FPS noob
There's a pretty good chance netflix or amazon will pick up the expanse. One of the reasons SyFy said they had to cancel it is that they only had rights to air it live and not binge streaming which is where all the money is now. Alcon seems to own the property whole and Amazon streams it in the USA (after season airs) while Netflix streams it in Europe so its just a question of who wants it more. Netflix has said just a few weeks ago they are going to invest heavily in sci fi as thats what viewers want.

• 3Like

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
We are at the juncture where it's put-up-or-shut-up time for streaming services to put a nail in the coffin of live broadcast.

No one wants to watch scripted drama live anymore, they just don't. Broadcast networks still have news and sports within their wheelhouse owing to the immediacy, but scripted drama deserves better than being held ransom like this.

• 3Like