The Expanse

Butthurt

<Nazi Janitors>
I think they left it open. This week Chrisjen asked where the drop-ship was, and Bobbie said "I don't know". I think we haven't seen the last of Ashur
I dont even know what his name is for his character in this show. To me, he will always be Ashur the Syrian

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
i think we're supposed to think they're dead, even if they're not really.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Zajeer

Molten Core Raider
Yeah, unless I see a corpse or in this show's case, space debris, I assume people still are alive.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
We didn't see the UN ship fire at anything until they started chasing The Razorback, so its a pretty safe assumption Ashur and the tech are alive. Logically they will end up either with the Martians or with The Belters since those two groups don't know yet about what Sadavara/Mao are doing.

The casting of Anna was perfect, I remember the character and how preachy she was in the books, but goddamn Juliet from Lost is just nailing that character and look perfectly. I think she doesn't make an appearance until book 4? so bringing her so early in (we are still in book 2) means we'll probably get bits of book 3 and 4 in this season.

Fantastic space battle, ratings for live ratings continue to be in the TANK but it was the 7th most streamed show on amazon prime (s1/s2) and SyFy technically just distributes the show, doesn't produce it so lets hope someone like Netflix or amazon picks it up. Amazon has currently green lit over $3b of new TV shows to go into production starting this year, including some massive Sci fi stuff like Hyperion and Consider Phlebas and Lord of the Rings and a bunch of other stuff so this would be a top tier get for them if SyFy passes.

• 1Like

khorum

Murder Apologist
God damn I love this show... Amos continues to be the soul of the main cast and Wes Chatham's portryal of him as calm yet undeniably powerful is on point.

Syfy won't be able to hold onto Amos for very long unless they lock him into a decade-long contract. He's showing consistent range between this and his film work like in hunger games... that won't be missed by people casting for HBO/Netflix/Amazon projects.

• 1Like

Ladro

Anomaly
Fantastic space battle,

Yeah that shit with the tools flying around was amazing. Perfect representation of the forces at play during high G turns in a zero gravity environment. Basically Newton's laws at work visually...

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I'm just wrapping up book 6. I can't imagine how they are going to finish the show at the pace they are going. I love it, I'd take 15 years of The Expanse, but realistically it's not going to happen.

I loved the thing with the tools as well. That kind of detail is what made me love the Belters early on, the idea of these super meticulous people who put such care and thought into everything they do because space is a bitch and trying to kill you all the time, how it breeds a new kind of human (subjective or not), it's just awesome.

• 3Like

velk

Trakanon Raider
Fantastic space battle, ratings for live ratings continue to be in the TANK but it was the 7th most streamed show on amazon prime (s1/s2) and SyFy technically just distributes the show, doesn't produce it so lets hope someone like Netflix or amazon picks it up. Amazon has currently green lit over $3b of new TV shows to go into production starting this year, including some massive Sci fi stuff like Hyperion and Consider Phlebas and Lord of the Rings and a bunch of other stuff so this would be a top tier get for them if SyFy passes.

Netflix already bought in didn't they ?

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
HD versions of the show go up same night on amazon as well in the US so its pretty weird. Amazon has exclusive US streaming rights. Netflix has exclusive international streaming rights. SyFy airs the show but Alcon Entertainment (behind Blade Runner 2049) owns the property so I'm not sure exactly what the distribution deal is. If Alcon gets the streaming money from Amazon/Netflix then there may be incentive to continue even if SyFy bails depending on how much money Amazon and Netflix are ponying up.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Goatface

syfy channel has to be one of the biggest fails in recent tv history
10 years ago, they were 10 ten cable network, now their biggest show isn't even in the top 25 for the night and below espn's PTI

think Syfy are going to be putting most of their eggs into the Nightflyers basket. don't think they can really afford 2 big space shows now.
but that is half owned by Netflix so maybe.

• 1Like

faille

Molten Core Raider
Yeah that shit with the tools flying around was amazing. Perfect representation of the forces at play during high G turns in a zero gravity environment. Basically Newton's laws at work visually...
I actually thought that was the silliest part. Given how much of a danger it would be, I would have expectec the tools would be locked into their slots within the case, so even if the case flew open, they'd stay put. Not to mention they should all have magnetic connections so they'd automatically stick to any surface. After all, ships can change G at any time so they might not have the chance to stow the tools away. Really minor quibble though on an otherwise great ep.

• 1Like

velk

Trakanon Raider
I actually thought that was the silliest part. Given how much of a danger it would be, I would have expectec the tools would be locked into their slots within the case, so even if the case flew open, they'd stay put. Not to mention they should all have magnetic connections so they'd automatically stick to any surface. After all, ships can change G at any time so they might not have the chance to stow the tools away. Really minor quibble though on an otherwise great ep.

If they were magnetized to hold against 3+ gees you'd need a prybar to pick them up if you dropped them. Individual straps for each tool in the case could work, but that's a lot of work to protect against stupidity, and if they are too dumb to safe the case, they are too dumb to safe the tools.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity

Qhue

Trump's Staff
I dont even know what his name is for his character in this show. To me, he will always be Ashur the Syrian

Thank you! I knew he looked familiar but the scratching at the back of my skull hadn't reached the level of looking him up on IMDB to figure out why.

*edit for new episode*

Holy cripes Errenwright is a total sleazeball. I mean I knew he was from the moment his smarmy face appeared, but good god man.... I hope someone rips his nuts off, ideally a protomolecule hybrid or something.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Holy cripes Errenwright is a total sleazeball. I mean I knew he was from the moment his smarmy face appeared, but good god man.... I hope someone rips his nuts off, ideally a protomolecule hybrid or something.

yeah, shit. after the first episode this season i guessed that, due to how guilty he looked when he was framing avasarala, that he might end up having a sudden turn of conscience and try to fix things.

not after last night, tho. i fully expect him to go from just mostly to total psycho/socioath before the end of the season.

last night's episode did feel slower paced / ^like it had a lot of setup, but i think we just got spoiled by episode 1 this season... there were plenty of season 1 and 2 episodes that were similarly slow for a more deliberate setup.

still pumped that the season started back up, tho! i get really disappointed on wednesday nights when the credits start rolling haha.

• 1Like

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Need this to go to Netflix so I can binge immediately.

• 1Like