The Expanse

spronk

FPS noob
The Expanse revived for season 4 at Amazon

Thank God. Was really bummed this morning when I read this thread and saw it was cancelled at Syfy. Just the fact that they at least try to keep real physics was a huge plus. The story and characters being good was a bonus. One of the best scifi shows ever imo.

xkxlmEb.gif

fuck yeah. technically its not official yet but if bezos likes the show, bezos could fund it out of his fuck around money

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Cybsled

Details to be ironed out = how much can they fit Blue Origin into the show now lol

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Praise sky daddy. I bet it shows much better numbers as well, all those people with Prime memberships don't have to pirate.
If Amazon gets the international rights (since apparently Netflix wasn't interested, they might also be dropping for the rest), I might finally get Prime next year...

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cybsled

If Amazon gets the international rights (since apparently Netflix wasn't interested, they might also be dropping for the rest), I might finally get Prime next year...

They weren't interested in bankrolling the show, but that doesn't mean they don't want to milk distribution rights. I wouldn't be surprised if that was the biggest thorn in any potential Amazon negotiations, assuming Netflix got some very generous international rights.

• 1Like

Cybsled

I forget. Btw, I think that camera woman actress also played Berlin on Defiance. Type cast as a documentary making woman in a Sci-fi show? lol

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Whole lot of new people to distrust. And Miller coming back -- hell yeah.

• 1Like

Cybsled

Solid intro to the next story arc. Glad they showed the inertial net effect.

• 2Like

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Safety features not included. It's like they MacGyvered past the DHD.

• 1Like

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Ahh yes okay right. Nasty but pretty much what I expected.

(final scene)

WHAT THE FUCK?!?

• 1Like

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
I spent the whole episode waiting for that guy to your the rings speed limit.

Pay off was worth it

• 2Like

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
David Strathairn guest starring was pretty cool. Underrated actor.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

spronk

FPS noob
holy fuck at that inertial quick stop visual, that was freaking awesome

I'm also legit shocked at how much they time skipped ahead (a bit over 6 months), don't remember if there is stuff in between in the books but that was pretty awesome. It does feel like a good spot for new show readers to jump in if they want.

if amazon does pick up the show next season would be insane if they just release all episodes at once.

• 2Like

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
holy fuck at that inertial quick stop visual, that was freaking awesome

I'm also legit shocked at how much they time skipped ahead (a bit over 6 months), don't remember if there is stuff in between in the books but that was pretty awesome. It does feel like a good spot for new show readers to jump in if they want.

if amazon does pick up the show next season would be insane if they just release all episodes at once.
I thought that maybe I had missed an episode somehow.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Cybsled

There was a time skip in the books as well, which makes sense. Just the trip alone to the ring takes months.

• 1Like

Ladro

Anomaly
Yeah, the massive time jump was a little odd. Loved the completely instant deceleration scene, totally worth waiting for.

• 1Like