The Expanse

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I havent read the last two books or so but isnt 4 where they introduced the

Idea that the aliens that wiped out the proto molecule makers as being some interdimensional beings that start fucking shit up through the gates/wormholes?

Maybe the whole interdimensional thing is specific new item about them, cause in book 3 Holden talking to the Miller construct multiple times he brings up the fact that opening all the gates would be a gamble because of the potential looming threat (Holden even sort of "becomes" the station or at least has something like a memory of when the system basically nuked a whole bunch of solar systems and gates that were "infected" by whatever took down protomolecule makers). Miller even says that even though he knows humans will explore the gates they should be careful because whatever it was basically took down a galaxy (or multiple galaxy) spanning empire which is obviously exponentially more powerful than what human race is.

khorum

Murder Apologist
He means the very specific thing that Miller couldn't see at one point. That would be in this season.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Maybe the whole interdimensional thing is specific new item about them, cause in book 3 Holden talking to the Miller construct multiple times he brings up the fact that opening all the gates would be a gamble because of the potential looming threat (Holden even sort of "becomes" the station or at least has something like a memory of when the system basically nuked a whole bunch of solar systems and gates that were "infected" by whatever took down protomolecule makers). Miller even says that even though he knows humans will explore the gates they should be careful because whatever it was basically took down a galaxy (or multiple galaxy) spanning empire which is obviously exponentially more powerful than what human race is.
And the issue with random ships disappearing while just traveling through the solar system gateway. Which I think was a hint in the books that something lurked in between the gate interfaces and then was told out loud in the TV series by Miller(?).

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
up to season 2 in rewatch now, its kinda jarring how the show really changes drastically in the middle of season 2. I didn't really notice it as much live. The first "arc" of the story - the Julie Mao and Miller story - is so beautiful and ends on such an amazing episode, really gets you in the feels. This is also an amazing example of how a single actor can make such a huge difference, you REALLY feel the loss of Thomas Jane after episode 5. I don't personally mind the actors behind Naomi or Holden but man they really aren't as good as Miller, not even on the same level.

I've always loved Avasarala, book and thought the TV version was great (not enough cursing though), but on rewatch while the actress behind her is pretty good sometimes her line delivery is really, really bad. Maybe its just the dialogue is kinda shit, but when she does her Jules Pierre-Mao "i will crush you" speech it comes across as super cringey, not scary.

Exactly 10 days till season 3. If you live near New Mexico, you can watch the first two episodes with the freaking writers! how cool is that

• 4Solidarity
  • 3Like
Reactions: 6 users

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
That arc and specifically that episode is one of the best in all of TVdom IMO

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This is also an amazing example of how a single actor can make such a huge difference, you REALLY feel the loss of Thomas Jane after episode 5.

Amos is really great character, actor is okay and its development is "yeah I'm gonna need that gun back" quite good.

Last edited:

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Amos is really great character, actor is okay and its development is good.

He's perfect for that role, he's able to do the fun guy Amos and swap right into the "I am that guy" Amos in a blink.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
He's perfect for that role, he's able to do the fun guy Amos and swap right into the "I am that guy" Amos in a blink.
Yup thats got to be hard to get across right without just looking insane and he does it well. Going right from amos being an amiable guy just having fun to dead eyed killer and then right back again.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
1575562172193.jpg

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Kanglor

Silver Knight of the Realm
Yeah I'm almost to the end of S2 of a rewatch and the entire Eros arc is excellent. There's so many interesting things happening, with pretty much every character gets a chance to shine. After that, the shift to introducing the Martian folks just felt a bit off to me, especially in comparison to how well the Belters were presented. At least Bobbie starts coming into her own once they get to the testimony on Earth and she gets fed up with the government bullshit.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
twitch is doing a marathon of season 1 - 3 today, tomorrow, and thu before season 4 drops on friday

got 4 episodes left on my rewatch

also goddamn Kevin Smith is skinny now good for him

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
They're doing some sort of marathon on twitch for this to build up to the new season.

Also, you can sub to prime monthly now in Canada for $9. Well worth it for 4k hdr quality and all their other good shows too

• 1Like

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Damn, I didn't even realize they were dropping the whole season at once.

• 1Like

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
Just started Ep 7. It is really good.

EDIT: Done. Outstanding. Now the long wait for the next Season :D

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
please let good looking asian win against old ugly indian, tired of her face and voice

• 2Dislike
  • 1Rustled
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

velk

Trakanon Raider
Bah, how can you not like Avasarala ?

"Don't stick your dick in Holden, it's fucked enough already."

• 3Solidarity
  • 2Like
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 5 users

Oldbased

> Than U
It's creepy they used Game of Thrones scores as music in the first episode after the crash/landing in the first episode.

• 1WTF

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
powered through 4 or 5 episodes last night, very good

amos still a god tier character

• 3Solidarity
  • 3Like
Reactions: 5 users