The Expanse

Torrid

Molten Core Raider
In case it's not obvious, that was my way of conveying that the women on the show act like men and the men act like women (or boys); except Amos who is of course a gigachad

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
I know, just wanted ppl to understand his character in the books is not OMG SEX SYMBOL but monster orc human. Literally like a cave man. Old cave man. Also bald.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
In case it's not obvious, that was my way of conveying that the women on the show act like men and the men act like women (or boys); except Amos who is of course a gigachad
Amos eating that dude on Ganymede's canned chicken in front of him was the highlight of the show.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Goatface

I know, just wanted ppl to understand his character in the books is not OMG SEX SYMBOL but monster orc human. Literally like a cave man. Old cave man. Also bald.

was he bald in the books? i don't remember
this is from the wiki
Amos is a tall, stocky, pale-skinned man with receding red-brown hair.
1643209705245.png

think image is from the rpg game

this is a fan image
1643210106208.png

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Pretty sure he is referred to as "bald" or "balding". With a gut. And an ugly face. Lol

I saw those when looking, but couldn't find the one I found years ago. Top one maybe, bottom one no way. The one I found a long time ago was a pretty rough looking dude.

Anyway, the TV version has become the prominent one, I was just trying to explain that single thing about hookers.

And he grew up with hookers.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
There's some noticeable differences. Alex didn't get me too'd, for example.
did anyone groan when they kept on bringing up dead alex?

that's alex music!

most martians believe this is the taichi not the rochi, yea well alex said...

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Shit I remembered where I saw it, some sketch artist was doing book vs show comparisons, and Amos was one.

He also did Tyrion Lannister etc

Like this, but for Amos

Mountain Biker

Trakanon Raider
Finally got around to watching season 6 today. It's telling that you can watch the full season in four hours, but wow was that rushed. I haven't read the books but it's seriously disappointing that it ended the way it did. I guess most stuff these days just doesn't finish or it's rushed so much it may have been better left unfinished.

Cybsled

There are 3 books that take place after the end of the show. They also take place over 20 years later, so in a way it is sort of like a "soft sequel" to wrap up all the shit left unresolved in the first 6 books (Protomolecule/Wormhole aliens and Laconia)

spronk

FPS noob
Finally got around to watching season 6 today. It's telling that you can watch the full season in four hours, but wow was that rushed. I haven't read the books but it's seriously disappointing that it ended the way it did. I guess most stuff these days just doesn't finish or it's rushed so much it may have been better left unfinished.

I get the feeling the showrunners and creators really thought the IP was stronger than it really is, and The Expanse fandom would carry them through to a few movies to wrap up the books.

Unfortunately i think the weak seasons 4-5 hurt them a lot, feels like most fans are just tired of the series and if you really like the IP you can just finish up the books and it wraps everything up.

If I ever do rewatch the show I'd just watch seasons 1-3 and bits of four, the second Thomas Jane is gone the show nosedives in quality.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Cybsled

I'd love to snag a prop, but the "reasonable" low starting bids always end up being fucking insane as it gets down to the wire lol

You just know those Martian Power Armor suits are going to end up selling for like 10k+ even though they are starting at 800-3k

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I would have guessed that Amos' stuff would have been valued at the top, not Bobbie's.

I wish we would get more science fiction in this vein. Not Trek or Star Wars similar - just something that feels more realistic to what earth could possibly feel like within a few 100 years or something.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users