The Falcon and the Winter Soldier

Sterling

El Presidente
Yeah, there's a pretty big gap from needing 30k for a car loan and needing a quarter million to get your business up and running.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
He was out of the military in Winter Soldier, working as a counselor in the V.A.
And i'm not sure that the problem was that he didn't money but that his finances were just all over the place...no stability so an investment risk.

ah yeah good point

fuck it, he should just go rob some criminals or terrorists

this "i cant git no loan for muh bubba shrimp company" plotline is such shit and clearly exists solely to push a racial angle because writers in 2021 cant write a black person as anything but a racial caricature these days

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Seafood populations had 5 years to boost themselves and then even more get unsnapped back into existence.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Yeah, there's a pretty big gap from needing 30k for a car loan and needing a quarter million to get your business up and running.
It could also be Sam just not thinking very business savvy. Let's go to the local bank or S&L with really tight lending standards. Hmm, maybe I apply for a loan at the 1st national bank of Wakanda? I hear they might offer "I saved the world from destruction" loan discounts.

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Seafood populations had 5 years to boost themselves and then even more get unsnapped back into existence.

Shrimp got subjected to the snap also. Remember when Hulk undid the snap and they look out the window and see birds rematerialize? It wasn't just humans, it was presumably all animals (although not plant life/algae apparently...funny Youtube video I watched brought up the point that if Thanos snap also impacted plants/algae/etc, then there wouldnt be enough O2 production and everyone left would have eventually suffocated)

• 1Like

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
It could also be Sam just not thinking very business savvy. Let's go to the local bank or S&L with really tight lending standards. Hmm, maybe I apply for a loan at the 1st national bank of Wakanda? I hear they might offer "I saved the world from destruction" loan discounts.

they literally gave Bucky a whole free farm in Wakanda and a bionic arm even though he killed the King of Wakanda.

Falcon is just bad with money and bad at business.

the plotline for him should have been taking basic personal finance classes at a local community college

Last edited:
  • 1Like

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider

I am also not certain if losing half the sea life population while at the same time halving the beings that consume them would be a net negative for the fish. One bad year followed by 4 years with GREATLY reduces fishery pressure.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Shrimp got subjected to the snap also. Remember when Hulk undid the snap and they look out the window and see birds rematerialize? It wasn't just humans, it was presumably all animals (although not plant life/algae apparently...funny Youtube video I watched brought up the point that if Thanos snap also impacted plants/algae/etc, then there wouldnt be enough O2 production and everyone left would have eventually suffocated)

I don't think 02 production would be a big deal you are at the same time halving the things using O2 and predating on the things producing O2. Stuff like algea probably would have massive booms in production if you eliminate half the things capable of eating them. The first year could be tight but basic sustainability and growth would happen rapidly. Just like a forest if you cut down random trees in it while leaving the other half intact you are going to see regrowth happen almost immediately as the increased sun availability spurs saplings and forest plants to grow like nuts.

It is interesting to think what kind of die out happens after the unsnap though. Suddenly in populations that were already rebounding suddenly have an influx of all the stuff that was lost suddenly appearing. Also what happens to all the trees that unsnap into new trees that were in the spots they used to be.

Sevens

Log Wizard
Were unborn babies or like unhatched eggs counted as living for the snap?
would be weird if a woman's unborn baby was snapped then 5 years later...boom it reappears

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
they literally gave Bucky a whole free farm in Wakanda and a bionic arm even though he killed the King of Wakanda.

Falcon is just bad with money and bad at business.

the plotline for him should have been taking basic personal finance classes at a local community college

Maybe I'm misremembering but didn't we find out he didn't kill the king? We do find out that he did kill Tony's parents.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Were unborn babies or like unhatched eggs counted as living for the snap?
would be weird if a woman's unborn baby was snapped then 5 years later...boom it reappears

The Thanos Snap results are something that sounds ok on paper, but it falls apart if you apply any manner of logic to it.

Half of all life suddenly disappearing would be catastrophic to what was left over. Ecosystems would be thrown out of whack, society would crumble and millions would starve/die to disease, etc

• 2Like

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
Maybe I'm misremembering but didn't we find out he didn't kill the king? We do find out that he did kill Tony's parents.

oh yeah, my mistake. it was zemo

still, whitey Bucky gets a free farm in Wakanda.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
oh yeah, my mistake. it was zemo

still, whitey Bucky gets a free farm in Wakanda.
I don't think that was his farm. That was just him helping out whoever's place he was staying at.

The Falcon money problem is fine. He was a retired vet when he showed up and I don't think Tony Stark was paying these people to be Avengers. He was just taking care of their room, board, and equipment. Now that Stark is gone, I'm not sure what exactly the Avengers resources are. Even then they probably weren't paying Falcon enough that he had a few 100k to pay for all the debt his family has.

Ome

Molten Core Raider
The problem is Falcon isn't just some random nobody. He belongs to a well recognized group The Avengers who just so happened to save the world. You are telling me he has no one he knows who can help him out with a loan for 100k. Not the government, not Shield, not any of his Avenger homies, not anyone who would be thrilled to sponsor him.

He's taking the black guy with bad credit joke to a whole new level.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I don't think that was his farm. That was just him helping out whoever's place he was staying at.

The Falcon money problem is fine. He was a retired vet when he showed up and I don't think Tony Stark was paying these people to be Avengers. He was just taking care of their room, board, and equipment. Now that Stark is gone, I'm not sure what exactly the Avengers resources are. Even then they probably weren't paying Falcon enough that he had a few 100k to pay for all the debt his family has.
Wasn't his issue that he has no form of income? I mean if he gets 50k per mission and he has several missions per year. He could make a loan. But we don't know if he is getting paid or who he's working for. And why be a shrimpin boat cappin if he's out on these missions and his sister is noping out because she sucks at it.

Malakriss

Stark/Avenger perks existed for all the people who still existed, but everyone who got dusted didn't have pension plans or next of kin benefits. They get unsnapped and Stark dies in the same day so it's not like they're going to bum off Pepper "hey can i get some of that Avengers salary plan?"

Merrith

First episode seemed decent. Bucky story stuff by far better than Sam. Intro action scene was pretty damn good.