The Falcon and the Winter Soldier

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Gaming Ghost>
New Cap looks like some Downsey short bus guy that got to put on the costume. His face under the cowl just didn't inspire feelings in my of "oh, yeah... we got a new Cap". But parents are famous in Hollywood so he gets the part.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
New Cap looks like some Downsey short bus guy that got to put on the costume. His face under the cowl just didn't inspire feelings in my of "oh, yeah... we got a new Cap". But parents are famous in Hollywood so he gets the part.
Like Bill Paxton's son in SHIELD, but Jesus he's just like him.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
I really want to watch this, but I'm a completionist. I only saw the first 2 episodes of WandaVision, so I need to watch the rest of the season before I can start this.

I promise you, you don't need to finish WandaVision. You know she's the Scarlet Witch right? Legit nothing else happens except they name her that which we've known since Ultron.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
iu

• 2Like
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 2 users

Rime

<Donor>
Action scenes were good.

Falcon being broke/the government not having something in place to help with 'supers' needing money is stupid. Sure, lets not have a program to help keep people with advanced tech/magic/super powers from feeling tempted by graft/bribes/sponsorship.

• 1Like

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
imagine being kurt russell's and goldie hawn's son and looking like that. that dude should have been immediately put in an evidence locker for fetal alcohol syndrome

• 3Like
  • 3Worf
Reactions: 5 users

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Action scenes were good.

Falcon being broke/the government not having something in place to help with 'supers' needing money is stupid. Sure, lets not have a program to help keep people with advanced tech/magic/super powers from feeling tempted by graft/bribes/sponsorship.

Being that broke is literally the fastest way to get fired from a clearance job. Stupid.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Tom Hanks son is even a cut above. Hard to out-do him on the good-looking parents made busted kid scale, but this guy did.

Hanks kid at least looks healthy. This guy has the appearance of someone suffering from a disease. Captain HIV.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Jive Turkey

Karen
Wasn't really looking forward to this, but really enjoyed the first episode. Great production value; it actually felt like a movie whereas WandaVision, even in the 16:9 portions, felt like a low-ish budget TV show

• 5Like

velk

Trakanon Raider
The opening sequence was glorious fast and furious style utter nonsense, with a ludicrously elaborate plan which made no sense on any level and STILL the least plausible thing in it was the idea that they would give the slightest fuck about invading Syrian airspace ;p

Plausibility of Falcon being broke aside ( fwiw, he's obviously a terrible credit risk in any world where he doesn't have plot armor ), that subplot just really isn't very interesting, there's a reason they usually gloss over that shit in action movies ;p ( Also, if the avengers are unpaid, what about Hawkeye ? The guy is supporting a family on unpaid mercenary work ? What ? Also, this makes Stark a colossal dick )

• 5Like

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
imagine being kurt russell's and goldie hawn's son and looking like that. that dude should have been immediately put in an evidence locker for fetal alcohol syndrome
Kurt Russell is a man's man, Goldie Hawn looks like AIDS personified. Makes complete sense their offspring would look like a concerned chromosome. A lot like Arnold's kids. Why couldn't they nail actually beautiful women? Or should I say, procreate. They obviously fucked a lot.

Maybe he'll look better in 20 years.

• 2Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
The opening sequence was glorious fast and furious style utter nonsense, with a ludicrously elaborate plan which made no sense on any level and STILL the least plausible thing in it was the idea that they would give the slightest fuck about invading Syrian airspace ;p

Plausibility of Falcon being broke aside ( fwiw, he's obviously a terrible credit risk in any world where he doesn't have plot armor ), that subplot just really isn't very interesting, there's a reason they usually gloss over that shit in action movies ;p ( Also, if the avengers are unpaid, what about Hawkeye ? The guy is supporting a family on unpaid mercenary work ? What ? Also, this makes Stark a colossal dick )
the fact that he's broke and presumably unpaid opens up a giant rabbit hole of stupid. how is he maintaining that multimillion dollar equipment? i mean if it breaks, where are the parts being bought from? Ali Baba? how is he paying for it? why would he risk his life on solo missions? SOMEBODY is paying him. SOMEBODY is supplying him for that tech. if some rogue government got a hold of that flying rig, it would be a major security risk, is he keeping it in his cardboard box under the bridge? none of it makes sense. i think we can assume he works for Stark and that tech is coming from the company , though how could that be when he went against Stark and the US government in Civil War when he sided with Cap? they should just say that yeah he's getting a steady paycheck for his security work in places like Libya and he didnt need to get a loan for his business he doesnt have time to oversee and his sister has no clue how or inclination to run.

at least with Ant Man we can assume Pym kept his word and hooked Scott up with a big payday. Cap was still working with the government and was paying his bills and proably got a load of cash for all those school PSAs. no idea how Hawkeye is paying his bills other than he probably wasnt above ripping off people on his missions. Natasha was well paid. Banner was already a bum. Thor needs no money and Tony is super rich. Spidey is a school kid who is now a part of Stark corporate. Scarlet Witch likely has no issue for money because she can just create what she needs or got a huge settlement for Sokovia.

• 2Like

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
the fact that he's broke and presumably unpaid opens up a giant rabbit hole of stupid. how is he maintaining that multimillion dollar equipment? i mean if it breaks, where are the parts being bought from? Ali Baba? how is he paying for it? why would he risk his life on solo missions? SOMEBODY is paying him. SOMEBODY is supplying him for that tech. if some rogue government got a hold of that flying rig, it would be a major security risk, is he keeping it in his cardboard box under the bridge? none of it makes sense. i think we can assume he works for Stark and that tech is coming from the company , though how could that be when he went against Stark and the US government in Civil War when he sided with Cap? they should just say that yeah he's getting a steady paycheck for his security work in places like Libya and he didnt need to get a loan for his business he doesnt have time to oversee and his sister has no clue how or inclination to run.

at least with Ant Man we can assume Pym kept his word and hooked Scott up with a big payday. Cap was still working with the government and was paying his bills and proably got a load of cash for all those school PSAs. no idea how Hawkeye is paying his bills other than he probably wasnt above ripping off people on his missions. Natasha was well paid. Banner was already a bum. Thor needs no money and Tony is super rich. Spidey is a school kid who is now a part of Stark corporate. Scarlet Witch likely has no issue for money because she can just create what she needs or got a huge settlement for Sokovia.
It's a big plot hole. He definitely got his tech from Stark when he was defending against Antman. Pym tech or Hydra are the only known competitors. Besides Hammer, which lost its government funding way back in Ironman 2.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
he's on welfare and foodstamps ok stop being racist

it is an incredibly stupid plot point, corporations would be killing each other to sponser/franchise a Falcon Bubba Shrimp restaurant chain or whatever. He'd have zero issues making money off his name. The show just wanted to drive home a point that banks are racist and deny black people loans. Next week, Winter Soldier will walk into the same bank and get a $500k loan on his business plan of a dating site for 1 armed people.

SNL already did the same idea 35 years ago

Last edited:
  • 4Like
  • 2Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Fucker

Log Wizard
The whole broke black person track kills the show for me. Not like I cared anyway, but it was a really dumb inclusion. Single black broke mother is not exactly a compelling story.

And boy...new CA looks really dumb. HJO would be an upgrade over that guy.

fbd.jpg

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users