The Falcon and the Winter Soldier

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Sterling

El Presidente
Bucky needs his redemption arc so he can be the next Cap or they need to bring back actual Cap.
Chris Evans is back for at least 1 more movie, but Falcon seems much more likely to end up as replacement Cap than Bucky.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sevens

Log Wizard
I want Bucky to have his redemption arc too...but wouldn't be just a bit weird to have a former Hydra assassin and known international terrorist as the Flagship of the American Patriot movement? I think Bucky just has to much "red in his ledger" to ever be Captain America.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I want Bucky to have his redemption arc too...but wouldn't be just a bit weird to have a former Hydra assassin and known international terrorist as the Flagship of the American Patriot movement? I think Bucky just has to much "red in his ledger" to ever be Captain America.
He just have to put on a mask. I mean Coronachan and all, who would look twice?

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
isnt his backstory similar to Black Widow?

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
Alternate universe shield.
yea, so theres a alternate universe shieldless captain America, or rather he waited until that timelines cap got old and heisted the shield and that alternate timeline has no shield and with no shield you can't really pass on the title of captain America, so he screwed that alternate timeline of a line of Cap Americas

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
yea, so theres a alternate universe shieldless captain America, or rather he waited until that timelines cap got old and heisted the shield and that alternate timeline has no shield and with no shield you can't really pass on the title of captain America, so he screwed that alternate timeline of a line of Cap Americas
Tony Stark had Cap's shield in his workshop. how it got from there to Cap or how it got from Cap to Tony's workshop is unknown.

Cybsled

"Our" Cap spent his life with Peggy, which suggests that the Cap from that alternate timeline wasn't in the picture. That means two possibilities:

1) Alternate timeline Cap stayed frozen and was never found. That seems kind of fucked up because it would require Cap to be quiet about it, so I find it hard to believe
2) Alternate timeline Cap is unthawed, but isn't unthawed until when he was found in the main timeline. Maybe more plausible, but this also would show that Cap made the decision to not tell anyone about this until later. This only works if you subscribe to the "I'm not going to fuck with the timeline" idea, but that alone seems unlikely. I find it hard to believe that Cap would just say nothing about Hydra infiltrating SHIELD and let people get murdered, or knowing that the Tessaract is going to lead to a bunch of shit happening. The only possibly plausible reason this would occur is Cap convinces Peggy and/or SHIELD that they need to wait to thaw him out because The Avengers will be needed in the future, but this still creates all sorts of issues. Although maybe that is the real reason he came back: He changed the timeline so much that the shield was basically without anyone to use it effectively.

Alternate timeline Cap being thawed out early creates a lot of problems and seems to remove the chance of main timeline Cap living his life with Peggy, unless alternate timeline Cap died right away for whatever reason.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Alternate theory... Movie magic and timelines don't matter. Or there's a whole species of time Travelers who realliagn the time line. See also Agents of Shield, last season. It's not like the shield is one piece of the story that got tossed out of the time line. Thanos destroying the stones before being decapitated would have had a monstrous impact based on what Sorcerous Supreme says later within the same fucking movie. Loki disappears with the tesseract. All sorts of fucked up shit happens because they took the stones, even if they returned them, based on the rules they even themselves had defined. Obviously in order to setup the What If, and alternate time line mumbo jumbo.

The story is ultimately finished in my mind. Where they go from here... Like it says at the end of first Matrix movie, is up to you.

• 1Solidarity

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I don't see how boobs disqualify her as Captain America. Captains can be female (Captain Marvel) and Americans can be female too...(Lots of examples).
Bucky was an american and he was brainwashed into doing that fucked up shit. Natasha is Russian.

Sevens

Log Wizard
Bucky was an american and he was brainwashed into doing that fucked up shit. Natasha is Russian.
She's a dreamer damn you, don't you go hating on her!!
(are we still calling them dreamers?)

• 1Like