The Falcon and the Winter Soldier

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I think the problem is less with the 4 billion people disappearing and more with the chaos of 4 billion people suddenly reappearing after the world had already spent five years moving on with the assumption that they were gone forever. Also seems as though nobody in a position of central authority (such as Feige) ever actually hashed out what the ramifications of the snap and blip would be, so Endgame mostly glossed over it and this show is running with a rather superficial take on it. Which is probably fine because I doubt any other MCU show will really address it going forward.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Now I feel a need to watch Winter Soldier again, which will inevitably lead to GotG and a bunch of other MCU movies. thanks.

If you haven't already, bust out the whole whole shebang in timeline order.

• 1Mother of God
Reactions: 1 user

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
I love how it took an army of scientists and doctors, plus Erskine, plus Stark and his vita-rays, plus the serum, plus enough electricity to power half the city (which the senator complained of to William Strannix) just to turn Steve Rogers into Cap, but this guy sips some juice in between scenes and five minutes later he is fully powered up.

That is some lazy ass writing and directing right there.
Don't forget the part where Steve Rogers was originally maybe 4'11", weighing 60 pounds soaking wet. Completely juiced and jacked to Chris Evans' 6 feet and likely 240lbs. None of these newly juiced characters are physically different, just heightened strength, like Bucky. Nucap was already peak human performance. A little stimmy could easily make him superhuman.

Fadaar

That guy
Wonder if 4 foot nothing Cap's shrimp dick got mandingo'd. Like when he finally got ahold of Peggy he split her in half with his cock like he did that firewood with his bare hands.

• 2Wow!
  • 2Worf
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 5 users

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
Wonder if 4 foot nothing Cap's shrimp dick got mandingo'd. Like when he finally got ahold of Peggy he split her in half with his cock like he did that firewood with his bare hands.
He turned her asshole into a blooming onion.

• 2Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
“As the years went on, I started to just think, well, ‘Why am I not getting anything for this really?’. Like, how can we really get a ‘thanks to’ or a credit, but like these movies are making billions and billions of dollars, and it feels like we just kind of got a bad deal. And I remember sitting there during the third movie, and knowing how much they, like I had actually turned down this tiny little thank you check, because I was like, ‘This is in insult’. I write these things and I was watching Captain America: Civil War, and a plot line that I wrote for a year in my comic book, about Bucky training all these other Winter Soldiers, it was like their B-Plot.

A lot of the emotional architecture of the movie was like stuff that would not exist had I not written these comics. It’s ridiculous that being a co-creator of the Winter Soldier, I should not have to be worried about providing for my wife if I die. Like right now, I don’t live a high life, it started to feel like this kind of hurts a little bit. To be overlooked this way. I know that they’ve made deals with other people that have had less input on what they do. And I just kind of felt like, it just sucks. Some press, fans, everybody wanted me to talk about the show. ‘Aren’t you excited about the show?’. And I’m like, I think I might be the only person in America not excited about this show. When I see the ads for the show, it actually makes me feel kind of sick to my stomach.”

• 2Garbage
  • 1Picard
  • 1Pathetic
Reactions: 3 users

Sevens

Log Wizard
“As the years went on, I started to just think, well, ‘Why am I not getting anything for this really?’. Like, how can we really get a ‘thanks to’ or a credit, but like these movies are making billions and billions of dollars, and it feels like we just kind of got a bad deal. And I remember sitting there during the third movie, and knowing how much they, like I had actually turned down this tiny little thank you check, because I was like, ‘This is in insult’. I write these things and I was watching Captain America: Civil War, and a plot line that I wrote for a year in my comic book, about Bucky training all these other Winter Soldiers, it was like their B-Plot.

A lot of the emotional architecture of the movie was like stuff that would not exist had I not written these comics. It’s ridiculous that being a co-creator of the Winter Soldier, I should not have to be worried about providing for my wife if I die. Like right now, I don’t live a high life, it started to feel like this kind of hurts a little bit. To be overlooked this way. I know that they’ve made deals with other people that have had less input on what they do. And I just kind of felt like, it just sucks. Some press, fans, everybody wanted me to talk about the show. ‘Aren’t you excited about the show?’. And I’m like, I think I might be the only person in America not excited about this show. When I see the ads for the show, it actually makes me feel kind of sick to my stomach.”
Whaaaaaaa

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Well.. julia Louise Dreyfus as Madam Hydra is a definite surprise.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Well.. julia Louise Dreyfus as Madam Hydra is a definite surprise.

Yeah that wasn't anything I was expecting

Should be fun to hear how much everyone liked this episode.

• 1Like

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Enjoyed it overall.

The best parts are definitely when it’s the two main guys on screen. Felt myself zoning out when Karli twines on or psycho Cap had his few moments.

So, did they confirm Sharon as the PB then?

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Enjoyed it overall.

The best parts are definitely when it’s the two main guys on screen. Felt myself zoning out when Karli twines on or psycho Cap had his few moments.

So, did they confirm Sharon as the PB then?
no, the power broker wants the karli and crew dead, or at the very least severely punished for stealing the serum. in this episode sharon hired batroc to work WITH karli and crew. sharon as the power broker is a fun idea but it falls apart pretty quickly and requires a whole lot of external explanation in the form of duct tape to keep the theory intact

• 1Seriously?

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
50 minutes of being told about America being racist and 2 minutes of meaningful content. Great episode.

• 4Like
  • 3Solidarity
  • 1Pathetic
Reactions: 8 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
50 minutes of being told about America being racist and 2 minutes of meaningful content. Great episode.
Yeah I'm halfway through the episode and it's pretty fucking awful. Tempted to go play some fucking MWO or something and finish slogging through it later.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
im glad Bucky apologized for being white, and he was so courteous to apologize for Steve as well. lol fuck this shit.

• 1Solidarity

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Well hopefully the finale is action packed at least. This was pretty awful. And I can't even begin to imagine what retarded angle Sharon is trying to play here. They said they were taking Zemo to The Raft so that opens the door for more Bruhl in the future of the MCU but sadly I suspect that's the last we've seen of him.

*edit*

Also I'm particularly triggered that they tried to drag the 332nd into this. Fucking hack ass writers.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah, they went overboard with the Black/White thing this episode. I just wish a Native American would walk up and tell the ones complaining to kiss his ass. At least black people ARE represented.

Its sad in that I actually enjoy the story that to me is much more relevant. What would you do with a society that lost half its population and then suddenly got them back 5 years later. That is what this story should be concentrating on as it goes with the narrative of what happened. If they could have delt primarily with that issue and then perhaps spiced it a little with a comparison with racism, it would have been much better.

Watching Sam practice with that shield was nice. At the end there should have been a caption that said.."6 months later" as that probably is the least amount of time it would take to master what he was attempting. Steve Rogers had World War 2 and a Super Soldier Serum to augment his training. Ignoring physics, at least that made what he did somewhat plausible. Think of it this way, it takes a good amount of time mastering how to throw darts at a bullseye on a board that does not move. Now imagine trying to reflect a dart off the board and hit a person running. At this point, I am going to pretend that Sam is a Mutant. He is not human as no Human being alive could throw a shield like that with so little practice. Give Sam the Serum or make him a Mutant but pick one.

So now that Sam is a Mutant, I am looking forward to the next big fight. His next suit should look pretty badass if its anything like the new arm.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah, they went overboard with the Black/White thing this episode. I just wish a Native American would walk up and tell the ones complaining to kiss his ass. At least black people ARE represented.

Its sad in that I actually enjoy the story that to me is much more relevant. What would you do with a society that lost half its population and then suddenly got them back 5 years later. That is what this story should be concentrating on as it goes with the narrative of what happened. If they could have delt primarily with that issue and then perhaps spiced it a little with a comparison with racism, it would have been much better.

Watching Sam practice with that shield was nice. At the end there should have been a caption that said.."6 months later" as that probably is the least amount of time it would take to master what he was attempting. Steve Rogers had World War 2 and a Super Soldier Serum to augment his training. Ignoring physics, at least that made what he did somewhat plausible. Think of it this way, it takes a good amount of time mastering how to throw darts at a bullseye on a board that does not move. Now imagine trying to reflect a dart off the board and hit a person running. At this point, I am going to pretend that Sam is a Mutant. He is not human as no Human being alive could throw a shield like that with so little practice. Give Sam the Serum or make him a Mutant but pick one.

So now that Sam is a Mutant, I am looking forward to the next big fight. His next suit should look pretty badass if its anything like the new arm.
My guess is they included something more than just wings to head off people complaining about how Sam is able to hang with super soldiers in the finale.