The Falcon and the Winter Soldier

Qhue

Trump's Staff
I wonder if this 'life was better when snapped' aspect was part of the original plotline or if that was a pivot when they lost the pandemic. Regardless I do find myself sympathizing with Karli and Zemo far more than I do for the 'heroes' especially NuCap. I do have to credit Wyatt Russell because I genuinely want to punch that character in the face everytime I see him. He is delightfully repugnant without being cartoonishly so.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cybsled

They even mention it, but life during the snap would have been better for some. Which makes sense. Let’s say you’re a business and your main competitor gets decimated by the snap - now you have a virtual monopoly. Or the snap hurts an enemy and let’s you seize a victory in a war (either real or political).

Easy to see that angle

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
They even mention it, but life during the snap would have been better for some. Which makes sense. Let’s say you’re a business and your main competitor gets decimated by the snap - now you have a virtual monopoly. Or the snap hurts an enemy and let’s you seize a victory in a war (either real or political).

Easy to see that angle

Half the population being gone means there was a lot of opportunity for the people that were left like better jobs, better housing, etc.

It's not hard to imagine that for a lot of people life during the snap was better, they improved their lot in life...and post snap takes away a lot of what they might have had during those 5 years.

So yeah it's easy to understand their point of view.

• 1Like

Downhammer

Vyemm Raider
I do have to credit Wyatt Russell because I genuinely want to punch that character in the face everytime I see him. He is delightfully repugnant without being cartoonishly so.
Yea, Wyatt is getting into Jack Gleeson/Joffrey territory. This is, of course, assuming the show wants him to come across as a hot headed douche. There's potential for a more satisfying conclusion specifically because of the "hate" he's generating. Even if it was nepotism that got him the role, he's doing a fine job as an antihero.

• 1Like

Zajeer

Molten Core Raider
Kinda depends on how the distribution of randomness of getting snapped happens on a global scale right? I can imagine some industries being decimated if enough people went poof. On a micro scale, post snap for some people might have led to less opportunities because some industries up and disappeared completely.

Imagine if like, everyone in your town got snapped and you were a restaurant owner - you'd still be fucked

Sevens

Log Wizard
Wyatt Russell is knocking it out of the park with this role, some of the subtle aspects (The aggravated twitching and head jerks he does) he has given to the charter are pretty awesome.

pjimage-100-1200x675.jpg

• 1Like

Mudcrush Durtfeet

Hungry Ogre
I love how it took an army of scientists and doctors, plus Erskine, plus Stark and his vita-rays, plus the serum, plus enough electricity to power half the city (which the senator complained of to William Strannix) just to turn Steve Rogers into Cap, but this guy sips some juice in between scenes and five minutes later he is fully powered up.

That is some lazy ass writing and directing right there.
I think it reasonable to assume advancements of some kind have been made in the 80ish years since Rogers was enhanced.

• 2Garbage
  • 1Picard
  • 1Pathetic
Reactions: 3 users

Cybsled

If Agent Carter is canon to the MCU, then Zola learns the mind control technique from that Russian dude while he is still in prison following Operation Paperclip, which leads to him perfecting the mind control for Winter Soldier.

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
If Agent Carter is canon to the MCU, then Zola learns the mind control technique from that Russian dude while he is still in prison following Operation Paperclip, which leads to him perfecting the mind control for Winter Soldier.

Agent Carter is canon, they even reused the Jarvis actor.