The Falcon and the Winter Soldier

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
I’ve seen Anthony Mackie talk some; frankly seems a reasonable good dude.

I thought the bank scene seemed like a scene to make the non-super powered or super rich heroes relatable and to just put a little out there about some of the bullshit people that got brought back might deal with. Didn’t really take it racist at all. Also thought it poked some fun at how stupid people are about celebrities like asking for a fucking selfie after denying a loan rather than handling it like they’re a random person. Probably giving the writers too much credit.

liked it. But I like Bucky and Sam anyway. Never felt Sam was written from the same racial slant other black characters get. He’s just a dude that’s loyal and trying to do the right thing.
I met Mackie once at a random underground part with Keegan key and he was a gigantic douche and stole my cousins hat. lol

joz123

Potato del Grande
I met Mackie once at a random underground part with Keegan key and he was a gigantic douche and stole my cousins hat. lol
Lying Season 4 GIF by Curb Your Enthusiasm

• 3Worf
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 3 users

Kanglor

Silver Knight of the Realm
Ive never read any comics. I’m guessing he turns bad, gets the serum, and becomes the enemy, then falcon takes up the shield like Steve wanted and saves the day w Bucky?

They've already changed up a good bit, but comic version he never really turned bad per se, his real name got leaked and the terrorist group ended up killing his parents. He snapped, killed/maimed a bunch of them and became very unhinged after that. Combination of parents death and trying to live up to the Cap legacy did a number on his psyche.

Something definitely pushes him over the edge on the show, could just be failure to complete the mission, but might end up having Battlestar get killed that starts the implosion.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I will say that the 'triple medal of honor winner' bit made my eyes just about roll out of my skull. Completely over the top even by comic book standards.

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
They've already changed up a good bit, but comic version he never really turned bad per se, his real name got leaked and the terrorist group ended up killing his parents. He snapped, killed/maimed a bunch of them and became very unhinged after that. Combination of parents death and trying to live up to the Cap legacy did a number on his psyche.

Something definitely pushes him over the edge on the show, could just be failure to complete the mission, but might end up having Battlestar get killed that starts the implosion.

What is battle star?

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
When he says his name is Battlestar is when Bucky says 'stop the car'. Bucky aint got no patience for this bullshit.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I laughed out loud when the guy called himself Battlestar.

"Excuse me sir, this is a Battlestar"

1616849489067.png

You are no Battlestar...

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
No way cops are actually driving down those streets. Hilarious that Sam immediately gets all mouthy with them and when they tell Buck he’s suddenly under arrest he just smile’s and complies. Couldn’t have written the scene any better.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
No way cops are actually driving down those streets. Hilarious that Sam immediately gets all mouthy with them and when they tell Buck he’s suddenly under arrest he just smile’s and complies. Couldn’t have written the scene any better.
Between that and the 'black falcon' bit I have some hope for this writing team.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor

The only annoying part about it was you know the writers never intended to create such a stark display of why the disparity in police reactions exist (And why, for example, black cops end up having more altercations with black suspects than white cops do--which removes a lot of the idea this is based on racism, rather than behavior).

Anyway, show is skirting close to that line where its clumsy take on social issues is going to take me out of it. All I need is to hear the first black super hero was jailed because racism and I think that will do it (If they manage to make it ambiguous like the need to study him, or that he killed someone on a mission and rather than giving him the benefit of the doubt they jailed him, I might be able to see that. But if their explinaiton is as clumsy and overt as I think it will be..naa.)

But the whole "maybe people like you"--if that was in reference to race, it was so contrary to the point they were hoping to make. Bucky was taken prisoner and made a slave for decades, doing things that destroyed him. He was tortured worse than almost anyone, and only got a pardon because he literally saved the world--and even then it was conditional. Holding him up like he got special treatment was another almost subversively ironic scene that I'm sure the writers didn't intend.

Last edited:
  • 4Like
  • 1Picard

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Well he did tell that Good Morning America anchor that he didnt have super strength
I think he doesnt at this time but that is kind of what makes him turn the page and go a bit overboard is his pursuit of or a side effect of taking the serum.

Well, he was citing the Hulk's super strength--so what he regards as super strength and him actually being super strong might be two different things.

But maybe he will get a dose of the serum as you said. I think those "vaccines" they were moving were probably the serum, but the WS version that has negative effects on mental outlook/aggression. That and the stress of trying to be Cap could take it in the same direction of the comics, for sure. Where he's not a "bad guy" but he's too much of an Anti-hero to be Cap.

• 1Like

Sevens

Log Wizard
Well, he was citing the Hulk's super strength--so what he regards as super strength and him actually being super strong might be two different things.

But maybe he will get a dose of the serum as you said. I think those "vaccines" they were moving were probably the serum, but the WS version that has negative effects on mental outlook/aggression. That and the stress of trying to be Cap could take it in the same direction of the comics, for sure. Where he's not a "bad guy" but he's too much of an Anti-hero to be Cap.
I had heard in the comics some baddies killed his parents and that caused him to flip his shit, Im wondering how long his wife's life expectancy is? Wouldn't bet on her being long for the MCU.

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
Winter Soldier was definitely holding back on top of the truck, he wasn't even using his joggerpunch arm in the fight.

• 1Like

Fadaar

That guy
I met Mackie in 2012 when I was in Africa

Chukzombi Chukzombi actually being 100% serious, deployed to Djibouti and he was there for a screening of Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter lol

282813_10101286761102282_1517233743_n.jpg

god i was so much skinnier and check out those awesome swim shorts im wearing

• 4Like
  • 1Worf

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
it was odd that nucap and nufalcon popped up when the serum was being transported, then later, the flag smasher chick gets a text from somebody threatening her life for stealing something. power broker or somebody working for him.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
White man bad, always harass the angry oppressed black man in the hood. <insert chappelle’s but you ARE wearing a whores uniform rant>. Lots of walking around doing nothing for a super hero show. Okay episode, but I half dozed off. I hope for more propelling into stationary targets full throttle and no impact damage in episode 3.