The Falcon and the Winter Soldier

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Only 2 episodes in and I don't find myself wondering what's gonna happen next and more if derp cap is gonna be extended beyond this and so far, I sure as fuck hope not.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Didn't he say he's jumped on 4 grenades? The writing is pretty fucking retarded
They're trying to show that this dude is Cap+ on paper, but won't pan out as Cap in reality. That's the thing about 3 MoH as well. It's all purposefully over the top. This guy is the 0.01% top of the list of the US forces and he still won't be Cap.

It's pretty close to whoever linked MacGruber earlier. He's the most elite soldier ever on paper, but he's going to come up short. Bigly.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
They're trying to show that this dude is Cap+ on paper, but won't pan out as Cap in reality. That's the thing about 3 MoH as well. It's all purposefully over the top. This guy is the 0.01% top of the list of the US forces and he still won't be Cap.

It's pretty close to whoever linked MacGruber earlier. He's the most elite soldier ever on paper, but he's going to come up short. Bigly.
Im saying how is someone constantly running into that situation

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
The whole reason Cap is Cap is because he knew what it was like to be the weak, small, frail guy. Some elite 0.01%'er has no idea what it's like to fail and persevere.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Yea it seems that the new Cap being a turbo douche is a dead giveaway that he's supposed to be a heel, not a hero.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yea it seems that the new Cap being a turbo douche is a dead giveaway that he's supposed to be a heel, not a hero.
I figured him not being Falcon or the Winter Soldier already gave that away.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Edgelord

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Team nucap/battlestar checking in.

Only because battlestar galactica was the fucking bomb. I hated them until he revealed his nickname.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
After watching 2 episodes my opinion is that this is mediocre garbage. Dialogue and relationship is forced and the SJW anti racism shit is fucking stupid and cringe. Only good thing about this show is that Captain Affirmative Action gave away the shield and remained in the role of his pretty cool character.

• 2Like
  • 1Garbage
  • 1Edgelord

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
dude i dont care you met a z list actor. i hung out with Lemmy and Joey Ramone, nobody else can top that.
I hung out with Dani Filth and Nicholas Barker. Nicholas was a gigantic bitch who spent the whole time complaining about ex cradle members who had left the band. So yeah I can't top Lemmy.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I hung out with Dani Filth and Nicholas Barker. Nicholas was a gigantic bitch who spent the whole time complaining about ex cradle members who had left the band. So yeah I can't top Lemmy.
I dont think Id ever tell people I hung out with Craddle of Filth..

• 4Worf

Caeden

The only annoying part about it was you know the writers never intended to create such a stark display of why the disparity in police reactions exist (And why, for example, black cops end up having more altercations with black suspects than white cops do--which removes a lot of the idea this is based on racism, rather than behavior).

Anyway, show is skirting close to that line where its clumsy take on social issues is going to take me out of it. All I need is to hear the first black super hero was jailed because racism and I think that will do it (If they manage to make it ambiguous like the need to study him, or that he killed someone on a mission and rather than giving him the benefit of the doubt they jailed him, I might be able to see that. But if their explinaiton is as clumsy and overt as I think it will be..naa.)

But the whole "maybe people like you"--if that was in reference to race, it was so contrary to the point they were hoping to make. Bucky was taken prisoner and made a slave for decades, doing things that destroyed him. He was tortured worse than almost anyone, and only got a pardon because he literally saved the world--and even then it was conditional. Holding him up like he got special treatment was another almost subversively ironic scene that I'm sure the writers didn't intend.
Didn’t that convo on “people like you” come out as meaning Hydra? I don’t think the writers are subtle enough to flip that to whitey later. So far I’m ok with it. The first black super hero being studied is right in line with how our government would have treated a minority then (see: syphilis).

• 4Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Didn’t that convo on “people like you” come out as meaning Hydra? I don’t think the writers are subtle enough to flip that to whitey later. So far I’m ok with it. The first black super hero being studied is right in line with how our government would have treated a minority then (see: syphilis).
Cap absolutely would have ended up strapped to a table after the war if he hadn't been on ice.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Zweischneid

Molten Core Raider
I like Mackie as an actor but every time I see him now I just think of that Black Mirror episode where him and his best friend fuck each other in a video game lol

Still waiting on that Eminem MCU cameo to break it to the world that his real name's Clarence.

Caeden

Cap absolutely would have ended up strapped to a table after the war if he hadn't been on ice.
Don’t disagree.

overall this is better than Wandavision. Hell, the actors have better chemistry so far than Olsen and Bettany.

• 1Seriously?

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Sorry, Olsen and Bettany had great chemistry.

They do, but Mackie and Stan have had great chemistry ever since Civil War. I'm just sad this buddy cop series is only 6 episodes.

• 2Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
They do, but Mackie and Stan have had great chemistry ever since Civil War. I'm just sad this buddy cop series is only 6 episodes.
i think olsen and bettany had great chemistry in Infinity War and Civil War, wandavision was just ok. it felt forced or exaggerated at times

• 2Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I really feel like Wanda falling in love with a synthetic being should have had its own movie dedicated to it rather than 'this happened in the comics so its this way in the MCU'.

• 1Like