The Falcon and the Winter Soldier

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Show has been pretty bad imo, few scenes with Zemo, WS, and Carter have been good but everything else sucks

• 2Like
  • 1Edgelord
Reactions: 2 users

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Show has been fine, although agree Bucky and Zemo stuff has been the best.

• 3Like

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
This was a good episode, and wtf now i kind of like new cap. Zemo fucking rules Bucky rules. Even Sam was great. Great fucking episode.

• 3Like

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Sebastian stan is pretty boss as bucky. I thought he was kind of pretentious in first avenger, but he's been amazing ever since. I feel like people don't talk much about him specifically but he's winter soldier the same way rdj is iron man, hemsworth is thor and evans is cap. Just spot on perfect casting.

I don't hate mackie as falcon, but anytime the two of them get into a pissing match on who is suffering more, seabass just owns it, hands down.

Zeno has been awesome, no doubt, but stan is what's keeping me tuning into the show

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Homsar

Sam being the psycologist was good but the villain's are shit besides Zemo killing it. The writing isn't fluid at all and the special effects of super soldier running is annoying.

being a nerd, Zemo getting justice is the only thing good so far, oh and the hate for US agent

Last edited:
  • 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Sam being the psycologist was good but the villain's are shit besides Zemo killing it. The writing isn't fluid at all and the special effects of super soldier running is annoying.

being a nerd, Zemo getting justice is the only thing good so far, oh and the hate for US agent
Zemo has been the most morals based character in the MCU since Cap and thats a horrible thing to say.

Sebastian stan is pretty boss as bucky. I thought he was kind of pretentious in first avenger, but he's been amazing ever since. I feel like people don't talk much about him specifically but he's winter soldier the same way rdj is iron man, hemsworth is thor and evans is cap. Just spot on perfect casting.

I don't hate mackie as falcon, but anytime the two of them get into a pissing match on who is suffering more, seabass just owns it, hands down.

Zeno has been awesome, no doubt, but stan is what's keeping me tuning into the show
he would have been a great Luke, in fact it makes more sense that he would be Luke and they should have made a Luke post Jedi series, maybe that was the intent instead of fucking Mando. him finding baby yoda and dealing with Bo and Ahsoka all sound like stuff Luke should be doing. him mixing it up with Boba would have been a better payoff. i guess Luke was too OP or toxic to have his own series.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
All this aside .. there will never be a captain America’s as good as Chris Evans. He was literal captain America. I remember on here someone wrote by the end of winter soldier they were ready to stand up and salute him.

this will never be beaten, in any movie ever:

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Homsar

All this aside .. there will never be a captain America’s as good as Chris Evans. He was literal captain America. I remember on here someone wrote by the end of winter soldier they were ready to stand up and salute him.

this will never be beaten, in any movie ever:

I always loved Strange giving up the stone

• 1Like

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
So my dumbass read Latvia as Latveria. Halfway through a paused explanation of the ramifications and potential to my non-nerd wife, she interrupts and corrects me. Oh. Back to the show then.

I’ve enjoyed it so far.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Zemo has been the most morals based character in the MCU since Cap and thats a horrible thing to say.

he would have been a great Luke, in fact it makes more sense that he would be Luke and they should have made a Luke post Jedi series, maybe that was the intent instead of fucking Mando. him finding baby yoda and dealing with Bo and Ahsoka all sound like stuff Luke should be doing. him mixing it up with Boba would have been a better payoff. i guess Luke was too OP or toxic to have his own series.

I thought it had been reported they were already developing a new Luke series set after Return of the Jedi but before he was training new kids when the Kylo shit happened from sequel trilogy. He makes the most sense to cast as Luke, imo.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I thought it had been reported they were already developing a new Luke series set after Return of the Jedi but before he was training new kids when the Kylo shit happened from sequel trilogy. He makes the most sense to cast as Luke, imo.
i havent heard any Luke show being announced, there is an Obi Wan show in development. now that Baby Yoda is off the Mando show, people would have wanted to see a Luke show where he trains BY and others and has adventures, but with the whole Gina Carano situation, and Favraue still not working on S3, no idea whats gonna happen next. Sebastian Stan would be the bomb though as Luke. he said he's willing to do it, but only with Hamill's blessing, Hamill heard about that and said yeah man go for it. then Stan said he wants a personal phone call from Hamill saying its ok. so the whole thing sounds like a stunt.

reminds me of when Chris Pratt says he would love to play Indiana Jones in a reboot, then dresses like Indy in the Jurassic World movies. rumors still going around that he will play Indy, but i doubt Kennedy ever in a million years allows him to be in that film.

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Pratt would be an awful choice for Indy. He is first and foremost an academic and then an adventurer. Pratt is a one-dimensional comedic one-liner guy.

• 1Picard

Zweischneid

Molten Core Raider

Yes. So what? That's also how it is in the comics. Steve Rogers as Captain America is the ultimate ideal.

And others taking up the shield have to content with that/struggle with that/each in their own way. John Walker in the comics is the character written to take on a toxic perversion/extremist version of patriotism when he has the shield. Sam Wilson as Captain America in the comics is conflicted in some way or another about taking the shield, but ultimately comes to terms with taking on the role, even if he's not Steve Rogers.

That fact that Chris Evans nailed the role only makes it easier for the TV show/movies to adopt those comic narratives.

• 3Like

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Yes. So what? That's also how it is in the comics. Steve Rogers as Captain America is the ultimate ideal.

And others taking up the shield have to content with that/struggle with that/each in their own way. John Walker in the comics is the character written to take on a toxic perversion/extremist version of patriotism when he has the shield. Sam Wilson as Captain America in the comics is conflicted in some way or another about taking the shield, but ultimately comes to terms with taking on the role, even if he's not Steve Rogers.

That fact that Chris Evans nailed the role only makes it easier for the TV show/movies to adopt those comic narratives.

I just meant that when Sam ultimately takes up the shield, he's just never going to do the role justice like Evans did. I wonder if Bucky could?

Zweischneid

Molten Core Raider
I just meant that when Sam ultimately takes up the shield, he's just never going to do the role justice like Evans did. I wonder if Bucky could?

Well, but he shouldn't be (at least if they stay somewhat faithful to the comics). Sam Wilson's Captain America is supposed to be a more flawed hero with more doubts, questions, etc.. .

Not saying the actor couldn't fuck that up as well, but if he and/or the director/writers aim to write his Cap as they've written Chris Evan's Cap, they'd be doing it wrong.

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
The whole fucking point is that nobody can measure up to Cap.

Jesus Christ.

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Did this show get better or worse after first episode?
Worse. Last episode I had to listen to a ginger mud person speak at length about progressive woke bullshit.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Salty

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Lmao. Is the ginger having money problems too?
The ginger is mad that refugees are being mistreated (in her mind, in reality numerous countries took these useless twats in to help) and so she is murdering white people in order to create a better and more just world.

• 1Like