The Falcon and the Winter Soldier

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Watching Sam practice with that shield was nice. At the end there should have been a caption that said.."6 months later" as that probably is the least amount of time it would take to master what he was attempting. Steve Rogers had World War 2 and a Super Soldier Serum to augment his training. Ignoring physics, at least that made what he did somewhat plausible. Think of it this way, it takes a good amount of time mastering how to throw darts at a bullseye on a board that does not move. Now imagine trying to reflect a dart off the board and hit a person running. At this point, I am going to pretend that Sam is a Mutant. He is not human as no Human being alive could throw a shield like that with so little practice. Give Sam the Serum or make him a Mutant but pick one.

So now that Sam is a Mutant, I am looking forward to the next big fight. His next suit should look pretty badass if its anything like the new arm.

I thought it was weird that when Bucky was still there, he was catching throws just fine buddying it up, but as soon as Bucky left, he had to go through a montage where he went back to beginner mode catching it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cybsled

The Wakanda gift will probably end up being some advanced super suit that lets him go toe to toe with enhanced people. Only reason he was able to do anything vs Walker was getting rocket assists as a force enhancer, so he needs something to get him on equal footing

• 1Like

Xevy

Log Wizard
Episode had some cheesy 80's feeling shit with the montage and the "fixin' up stuff together!" parts. First fight scene was good and most of the Sam and Bucky dialogue was really good. I actually laughed really hard at Bucky explaining why he doesn't always use his metal arm.

Fuckin' JLD in the MCU baby. Selena Myers with the actual ability to kill people she doesn't like. Marvel casting knows what they're fucking doing. I really, REALLY hope they do the Nick Fury's ex-girlfriend route.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Qhue

Trump's Staff
This was a surprise and very much a welcome one! Also it's very clear now that Sharon Carter is the Power Broker. Agent 13 done broke bad.

• 1Garbage

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Also it's very clear now that Sharon Carter is the Power Broker.
lolwut? Sharon being the power broker makes even less sense now than it did before this episode. You don't have to be the Power Broker to have enough connections to hire a merc like Batroc.

• 1Seriously?

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Fucking terrible episode. Only good part was Walker, dude is pretty good actor

Xevy

Log Wizard
Yeah no fucking clue what the Sharon Carter stuff is. Like, she helps kill the only serum creator? Okay cool. Now she's getting the guy who wants Sam dead to help the people who Sam wants to stop? Oh... okay? Only thing I can think of is she's working for a rival to Power Broker like Hydra or something. If she was working under Valentina at the end I guess it'd kind of make sense?

Hopefully they've got a nice little bow to tie all that weird shit up with in the next episode.

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
There was a point during new caps military trial where Wyatt russel looked exactly like Kurt Russell. It made me do like a double take.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sterling

El Presidente
Some good moments and a lot of the action stuff was decent. A lot of the non action stuff was pretty shit though.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Hopefully they've got a nice little bow to tie all that weird shit up with in the next episode.

Some felt rushed (not the first time during this show), but at least they have set up the final battleground area up so all the plot threads should finish up. Wyatt Russell is killing it, btw.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

joz123

Potato del Grande
First ten minutes were good but the rest of the episode was terrible. Really feels like they cut out a lot of scenes.

fris

Blackwing Lair Raider
Falcon spent so much time talking to the old due, why a black man can never carry the shield. i'm gonna bet his new wings are red white & blue.

McFly

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I'm 15 minutes in and I can already see where this is going. Let's see if I'm right about the next 40 minutes.

"These...guys in ties..." wtf really?!

McFly

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
27 minutes in. "They will never let a black man be Captain America."

FUCK YOU Marvel. Fuck you for buying into the modern, poisonous rhetoric that's being spewed out of SJW's assholes. Get some respect for yourselves, you ignorant twats.

• 4Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>
Quit watching, man.

I haven't seen a second of wanda or this. Because I won't reward shit, even if my favorite characters are under it. Fuck woke to death.

• 2Edgelord
  • 2Picard
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Cybsled

27 minutes in. "They will never let a black man be Captain America."

FUCK YOU Marvel. Fuck you for buying into the modern, poisonous rhetoric that's being spewed out of SJW's assholes. Get some respect for yourselves, you ignorant twats.

Except Sam is looking to prove him wrong

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I thought it was weird that when Bucky was still there, he was catching throws just fine buddying it up, but as soon as Bucky left, he had to go through a montage where he went back to beginner mode catching it.
i had the EXACT same thought. like those two scenes were out of order. should have showed him training and missing all the time, then bucky shows up and they start playing catch because bucky gave him some pointers or something.

and as far as "they will never let a black man be captain america" goes, i think they showed that not everyone thinks that. obviously sam doesn't. Isiah came from a very different time in america's history, when racism and segregation and all that stuff was real. i absolutely buy into a black dude who was experimented on in the 40's having his point of view. but sam lives in the modern era and he doesn't think that way. i mean war machine dressed up as iron patriot and "they" seemed fine with it.

i think the point of that whole scene was that yes, america has had some low moments in history but the shield and steve represent something more. they represent the best in us, in all of us, and that's why sam wasn't sure about picking it up in the first place. he (and bucky) put it on a pedestal, but sam figured out that instead of focusing on the disparity between what we are and what it represents, you focus on putting in the work to bridge that gap.

but that's just my hot take.

• 9Like
Reactions: 8 users