The Falcon and the Winter Soldier

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
At least it is consistent, some good writing and some fucking awful writing

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Has Bucky confessed his white privilege yet, or are they saving that for the finale with Evil White Man John Walker?

• 1Garbage
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

tarb

Trakanon Raider
Quit watching, man.

I haven't seen a second of wanda or this. Because I won't reward shit, even if my favorite characters are under it. Fuck woke to death.
Thats why you pirate it, I stopped giving Disney money last year.

• 2Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 2 users

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I see the underlying message that the episode was trying to get across / advance the plot.

But by implying that there should be a racial motivation that inspires Sam to do this is reprehensible. It's NOT needed here.

There are so many other ways that a person might be kept down or oppressed, but the writers, by including a racial component, isolate it as a 'means to and end'.

I swear to god I thought the MCU would be above even bothering with using this as a way to prop up a protagonist, but I guess even they have to rely on race being a determining factor.

It's a good show so far, but shitty writing is shitty writing. And this episode was a terrible example of writing.
I think you're misunderstanding that scene. Isiah is the one making it all about race. Sam is the one saying the race has nothing to do with whether or not you're worthy of the shield.

• 2Like

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
I couldn't get through the episode. I left mid Isaiah lecture on the white man erasing history for 500 years or whatever the line was.
I get what they're leading up to I'm just not interested.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Here's another question. How fucking old is Isaiah supposed to be? Cause if he's old enough to have fought Bucky in Korea (50-53) and was old enough at the end of WW2 to be aware of the poor treatment the 332nd received after their return home, he has to be in his late 80s or even early 90s but he sure as shit doesn't look it.

Maybe the writers are just hoping people can't do basic math.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Here's another question. How fucking old is Isaiah supposed to be? Cause if he's old enough to have fought Bucky in Korea (50-53) and was old enough at the end of WW2 to be aware of the poor treatment the 332nd received after their return home, he has to be in his late 80s or even early 90s but he sure as shit doesn't look it.

Maybe the writers are just hoping people can't do basic math.

He got the super soldier serum... how old does Bucky look? Bucky obviously got a better batch. And also Steve, though I guess being frozen helps the skin.

Or maybe Pepper Potts just gave Steve and Bucky some Goop (tm)

Khane

You responded too fast! You got a super soldier mechanical keyboard?

• 1Garbage
Reactions: 1 user

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Has Bucky confessed his white privilege yet, or are they saving that for the finale with Evil White Man John Walker?
He apologized to Sam for not thinking what giving a shield to a black man means. No idea what the fuck he meant other than that he assumed Sam was sad the shield wasnt full of KFC?

• 2Worf

Khane

Yes, that was a stupid... lazy... bad scene.

• 2Like

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Yes, that was a stupid... lazy... bad scene.
The entire show is SJW bullshit. What you think is happening with Sam is not what the writers intended.

• 1Like
  • 1Garbage

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
super soldier serum reduces the effects of aging. initially cap spent like 60 years on ice so he didn't really age at all, and bucky was cryo-frozen inbetween winter soldier missions so in current timeline, they haven't really aged much. however in endgame when cap goes back to the 40's and lives out his life with peggy, he's old when he gives the shield to sam, but still pretty spry for basically being like 120 or something. Isiah is in the same boat. the serum he was injected with made him age slower so while he should be pushing 100 or so, he looks like a pretty capable 75 year old.

in the comics, they make a point to say that the serum slows aging. fury and black widow both have some variation of the serum and have been around for quite some time

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
super soldier serum reduces the effects of aging. initially cap spent like 60 years on ice so he didn't really age at all, and bucky was cryo-frozen inbetween winter soldier missions so in current timeline, they haven't really aged much. however in endgame when cap goes back to the 40's and lives out his life with peggy, he's old when he gives the shield to sam, but still pretty spry for basically being like 120 or something. Isiah is in the same boat. the serum he was injected with made him age slower so while he should be pushing 100 or so, he looks like a pretty capable 75 year old.

in the comics, they make a point to say that the serum slows aging. fury and black widow both have some variation of the serum and have been around for quite some time
Cap wasnt 120, he was about mid 20s when he got put on ice, probably spent 7 years thawed out, then went back to where he left peggy. he's about 90-100.

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
It's a wonder any of you even have a TV to watch this, I imagine you frothing at the mouth any time you watch anything made in the last 20 years.

• 1Salty
  • 1Cringe
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users