The Fall 2019 Anime Thread

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
And now I've finished Book 15 "Summoning Chapter". Enjoyed this chapter. I must keep reading!
Summoning looks like a pretty OP magic skill. Especially with the dragon doors. And now I also understand the "big bad", but it's possible that it's also a big misdirection and future him is the big bad instead. *shrugs*
No Eris this chapter, but if he follows the advice of future him, she'll become wife #3. That Armored Dragon guy was pretty badass also. I keep wondering where the laughing Demon King dude went, but I've been wondering that ever since he first disappeared. I'm sure we'll learn soon enough. Also, up until the end of this chapter, I kept thinking that Cliff was going to be the big bad. I guess not, though. There's really no reason why I thought that, but I did anyway. It looks like he done fucked up by rescuing his mom, but he got Roxy out of it. But he could have had both beast princesses instead, so there's that... Oh well.
Just finished Book 16 "Human God Chapter". Loved it. Welcome back into the fold, third wife Eris. That fight was incredible. And the author's descriptiona are good enough that I've been able to picture almost everything in my head as I read it. Good shit.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Kinda sad that anime has been pretty boring lately. Nothing that gets you excited for the next episode like 3-4 years ago.

Last edited:

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Yeah, but also... we're older. Different priorities. Everything loses it's excitement over time. You were in the "lust" phase of Anime for a while. Now it's just "love". You still really like it, but aren't dying to watch like you were before.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Kinda sad that anime has been pretty boorish lately. Nothing that gets you excited for the next episode like 3-4 years ago.
No, I am definitely excited to see what happens next on Ascendance of a Bookworm. That show is great. Same with BHA, and I already know since I read the manga every week.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Does nobody in this thread know what the word "boorish" means?

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Just finished Book 16 "Human God Chapter". Loved it. Welcome back into the fold, third wife Eris. That fight was incredible. And the author's descriptiona are good enough that I've been able to picture almost everything in my head as I read it. Good shit.
Looks like it's been a few days, but I just now completed Book 17 "Kingdom Chapter". It seemed to be a longer book that contained a lot of future character building. But at the same time, it was an uneventful story. At least the parts that didn't involve the Dragon God. He's a pretty cool character after all. I look forward to seeing how the next book progresses the story.

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Looks like it's been a few days, but I just now completed Book 17 "Kingdom Chapter". It seemed to be a longer book that contained a lot of future character building. But at the same time, it was an uneventful story. At least the parts that didn't involve the Dragon God. He's a pretty cool character after all. I look forward to seeing how the next book progresses the story.
And now I've also completed Book 18 "Asura Kingdom". Lots of action in this one, and a few prominent characters were killed. I like what happened overall. And good for Ariel. This story feels a lot like all 5 seasons of The Wire. It touches on all aspects of life in this world.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
New episode of Overly Cautious Overpowered Hero is out. Gives the rundown of what happened in Seiya's previous life. Incredible episode.

• 2Like

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Aye thats what we were just talking about.

certainly a turn from the usual tone.

• 2Like

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Whoever the writers for My Hero Academia are...They deserve awards. Ya. Lemillion deserved All for One. Dude is straight up badass.

• 2Like

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
"Ristarte" actually being "Re-start" gave me a sensible chuckle

• 1Like

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Last episode of Vinland Saga for this season. Jesus. The FEELS. What a great series.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Last episode of Vinland Saga for this season. Jesus. The FEELS. What a great series.

I came here to post exactly this.

Did NOT expect him to kill the king. I said "Oh Shit!" out loud!"

• 2Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
And now I've also completed Book 18 "Asura Kingdom". Lots of action in this one, and a few prominent characters were killed. I like what happened overall. And good for Ariel. This story feels a lot like all 5 seasons of The Wire. It touches on all aspects of life in this world.
Just completed Book 19 "Subordinates". It was mostly a dull chapter, just filling in some information to expand on the story. It also held the return of a few characters, which was nice. However, it seems like they are only going to cause problems. Oh well. Guess we'll see where it goes from here.