The Fast Food Thread

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I ate at Red Robin today and it was surprisingly good. Is this an isolated circumstance? Because it looked like the kind of place that SHOULD totally suck balls.

Adam12

Molten Core Raider
I ate at Red Robin today and it was surprisingly good. Is this an isolated circumstance? Because it looked like the kind of place that SHOULD totally suck balls.
Probably depends on location, but I've never had a good burger there (tried 3 times at 3 different spots).

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I've been to a Red Robin in 5 different states (North Carolina, Maryland, Tennessee, Texas, California) and I've always had good burgers. I'm a pretty big fan of the place.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
My wife worked there back int he day. She says everything is cooked on assembly line, like they have this conveyor belt for burgers and they throw it on there and it cooks as it goes down. Really weird shit.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
YES! YES! YES!

The Tandori and Short Ribs are my favs.
I went back today and had the short ribs, holy fucking balls that was an amazing sandwich. I will try the tandoori chicken next time. I really hope this place makes it, it is phenomenal.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I went back today and had the short ribs, holy fucking balls that was an amazing sandwich. I will try the tandoori chicken next time. I really hope this place makes it, it is phenomenal.
You guys have me intrigued about this place. I'm on the exact opposite side of the Beltway (think College Park/UMD area). Is it worth the drive to Springfield and back? I have trouble believing any sandwich could be that good.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
The sandwich is braised short ribs, arugula, provolone, and tomatoes. I think it was really that good. But this place is right on my way from school to work and about a 10 minute drive from work, so I have no problem going there. I doubt I would drive up to Maryland for a sandwich, regardless of how good it was, but I am super busy and have infinite shit going on. Back when I was single and shit, hell yeah I would have done it. Totally worth it. One of the best sandwiches I have ever had, i think.

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
that drive no matter what time of the day is not worth it, even if it was fucking sex with a sandwich.

McCheese

that drive no matter what time of the day is not worth it, even if it was fucking sex with a sandwich.
It's not too bad in the early afternoons on weekends. I may be heading to Tyson's Corner at some point soon, so if I do I might make the short side trip and try this place.

joz123

Potato del Grande
Was never near a Capriottis in Cali but since I moved to Vegas I never eat at Subway anymore. The Bobby is probably my favorite sandwich.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Red Robin should not be considered as fast food. I think the minimum requirement for fast food would be a drive through? Or less than 10 min wait time? Red Robin, although quick, IMO is basically a sit down restaurant with waiters and waitresses.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Yeah, Red robin is a normal chain restaurant, no different than Ruby Tuesdays, or Applebees, or Chilis, definitely not fast food, but they do have a decent burger the couple times I've been there.

Side note, I had Burger Kings new Chipotle Chicken sandwhich the other day. Pretty damned good sandwhich. Basically just a chicken sandwhich + pepperjack cheese, bacon, and some chipotle mayo. One of the better fast food chicken sandwhiches around.

Enob

Golden Knight of the Realm
Just found out about it today but McDonald's just released the McWrap. It's a pretty standard chicken wrap that comes in grilled chicken or fried chicken. Think they have Chicken and Ranch, Chicken and Bacon, and one with sweet chili sauce. They're decent quality but mediocre for the price. They're going to be priced here for $3.99 but today they're only a dollar. Pretty good amount of food for a buck. I guess it was a 3 day promotion starting Tuesday. Wish I'd heard about it before now.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Something about the commercials for the McWrap piss me the fuck off, so I'll never order one. I don't want to see some tarbaby with chiclet teeth eating a sandwich like it's his last meal on death row. No thanks.

McCheese

All the McDonald's commercials piss me off because they're all targeted towards black folks. I remember reading an article back when they changed their slogan from "You deserve a break today" to "i'm lovin' it". Pisses me the fuck off that they can't even write out the full word "loving" anymore because black people can't pronounce the "ing" sound in English. Go back to fucking Popeyes and leave McDonald's alone! The next iteration will probably drop the apostrophes. Fuck.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
I lived a few miles for the original Red Robin in Seattle, now I live in Vegas the burgers here taste the exact same as the original. Monster Burger is pretty fucking good.

I love Capriottis too, my wife always gets the Bobbi, I am a Capistrami fan.

Lastly, has Raising Cane's been mentioned yet? That place is grub! Great alternative to your typical fast food.

Illuziun

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Red Robin is shit, never has been good. It just has a fanboy following so you get an imaginary sense of quality before ever actually tasting it. It tastes like a shitty home cooked burger with frozen tasteless beef.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
For all my fellow Texans in the DFW area, check outVillage Burger Bar. Their gourmet burgers are amazing as well as their fries, they have double sweet potato fries (spun in honey and cinnamon) and truffle fries (topped with fresh parmesan and rosemary). Also, they serve draft beers at $2.00 everyday which is incredible in this area.

Also, check outLA Burger. I haven't got to try it yet but everyone I know says it's amazing.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Red Robin is shit, never has been good. It just has a fanboy following so you get an imaginary sense of quality before ever actually tasting it. It tastes like a shitty home cooked burger with frozen tasteless beef.
The burgers really are nothing special, but the onion rings are fucking awesome.