The Fast Food Thread

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
I dunno, Winsteads is better than Whataburger!

Actually I've never even eaten at a Winsteads, because pretty much everyone I know says it is terrible and refuses to go.
frown.png
Winsteads is solid, but their burgers are basically the same as Steak & Shake or Freddy's if you've ever been to one of those. Most people around here still frequent Winsteads because of nostalgia mostly, and it still looks like a '50s diner, complete with the little juke boxes at every table. They do have great homemade milk shakes though.

Sonic is good because of everything other than their burgers. Chili cheese tots, cherry limeades, corndogs for a buck, etc.

frown.png

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
GD I want a shake from Steak n Shake now, no one even comes close to their shake quality.

It's a clear dark night, trying to consume,
Some Wendy's for the eve, what're you gon' order:

e23eSsn.jpg

Me? Asiago Bacon Ranch Chicken Burgah by itself w/ a small fry on the side and a small coke no ice, kid.

e23eSsn.jpg

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Winsteads is solid, but their burgers are basically the same as Steak & Shake or Freddy's if you've ever been to one of those. Most people around here still frequent Winsteads because of nostalgia mostly, and it still looks like a '50s diner, complete with the little juke boxes at every table. They do have great homemade milk shakes though.

Sonic is good because of everything other than their burgers. Chili cheese tots, cherry limeades, corndogs for a buck, etc.
Maybe I'll hit the one by Shawnee Mission Parkway and Antioch Friday night when I'm down that way for gaming. I did go through the drivethrough once with a coworker on the way to work because he wanted to get some sort of breakfast yogurt granola cup (the hell). I remember looking at their breakfast menu and not getting anything; he said he'd only go to Winsteads for the yogurt. I remember thinking that was perhaps the oddest reason to go to Winsteads.

I had a double bacon cheeseburger from Sonic not long ago, and I thought it was pretty good. The one thing with Sonic that I've noticed (maybe it's just me) is that the buns they use seem kinda dry.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Ketchup + your choice of hot sauce, or ketchup + pepper is tasty as well.
Ever since someone on FoH introduced me to the "fry sauce" shit they eat out west(Utah/Idaho I guess), which is basically ketchup and mayo and you can add other shit, I've been mixing sauces and shit up. Sweet Baby Ray's honey mustard + Frank's red hot + bit of mayo + garlic salt is the shit for popcorn chicken.

Hekotat

The Spicy Ketchup they offer is in a league of it's own, I fucking hate ketchup and that shit is incredible. Do yourself a favor and order some when it becomes available or have a friend send you some, it's that fucking good.

Someone turned me on to cocktail sauce with fries and that is pretty damn good as well, but my all time favorite is Chik-fil-a's Honey Roasted BBQ.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Delicious, but do yourself a favor and never look at the caloric information for this stuff. Just depressing.
I think that's a good rule for all fast food.

My week of fast food disappointment continues. First the tiny burger from Five Guys, and now the McDonald's near my office apparently does not sell chocolate or swirled frozen yogurt cones anymore.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think that's a good rule for all fast food.

My week of fast food disappointment continues. First the tiny burger from Five Guys, and now the McDonald's near my office apparently does not sell chocolate or swirled frozen yogurt cones anymore.
McDonalds got rid of those a long time ago and went straight vanilla. They used to do chocolate dipped cones but that may have been a special.

Reeses McFlurry > all when they have it.

McCheese

McDonalds got rid of those a long time ago and went straight vanilla. They used to do chocolate dipped cones but that may have been a special.

Reeses McFlurry > all when they have it.
I remember the dipped cones from when I was a kid. I don't go to McDonald's more than once or twice a year, and it was probably 10 years since I ordered a cone there.

Sucks, because their cones/frozen yogurt is really delicious.

Hekotat

Yeah I rarely eat chick-fil-a and usually stick to whataburger since their burgers are under 500 calories, I just put the ketchup on them when I do.

Knytestorme_sl

shitlord
Anyone hit up the Heart Attack Grill? Tempted to go tot he one in Vegas when I'm over there but not sure I feel like spending $20 on a burger if it's shitty but that quadruple by-pass is calling my name given that I'll have dropped enough weight by then to be able to indulge a little.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Indulge a little... 9,982 calories in that burger man. Are you morbidly obese? Is your maintenance calories like 8000/day?

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Well I eat over 3,000 per day, so you'd just have to manage the rest of the week to balance it out. Can't say I haven't eaten 9,000 calories in a day before, if we're being honest lol.

Celebrindal

Golden Squire
Speaking of which:
Heading up the list is a dish the center says is the most caloric on The Cheesecake Factory's notoriously indulgent menu: the Bistro Shrimp Pasta, which has3,120 calories and 89 grams of saturated fat. That's five whole days' worth of fat, the report notes.

Also named is the chain's Crispy Chicken Costoletta, clocking in at2,610 calories and 4 and a half days' worth of saturated fat.

Not far behind is IHOP's Country Fried Steak & Eggs, with1,760 calories, 23 grams of saturated fat, 3,720 mg of sodium and 11 teaspoons of added sugar.

That's like downing five McDonald's Egg McMuffins sprinkled with 10 packets of sugar, center researchers say.

"It's as if IHOP, The Cheesecake Factory, Maggiano's Little Italy, and other major restaurant chains are scientifically engineering these extreme meals with the express purpose of promoting obesity, diabetes, and heart disease," said CSPI executive director Michael F. Jacobson. "You'd think that the size of their profits depended on their increasing the size of your pants."
Read more:http://www.nydailynews.com/life-styl...#ixzz2VCclbwwI

McCheese

A couple weeks ago I got kind of depressed one afternoon so I said "fuck it" and decided to eat whatever the fuck I wanted. I had 5 Guys bacon cheeseburger with a large cajun fries for lunch + a large root beer, 12 frosted sugar cookies on the way home from work, and 90 pizza rolls and a whole bag of doritos for dinner. I just figured out the calories for each one:

3150 - pizza rolls
2160 - 12 sugar cookies
1800 - doritos
920 - 5 guys bacon cheeseburger
1300 - 5 guys large fries
9330 - total

That's without counting any liquid calories, which included a large root beer plus a few glasses of skim milk with dinner. Let me tell you, finishing the last 2 dozen or so pizza rolls was an epic struggle, but I stuffed 'em down.

Granted, I felt so sick, sluggish, and not hungry the next day that I didn't eat anything but a handful of carrots.