The Fast Food Thread

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Forgetting to put bacon on a bacon burger is bad even by Wendy's standards. The fact that you were OK with it bothers me greatly.

• 2Picard
  • 1Quality Calories
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Melvin

Blackwing Lair Raider
Eh, I like bacon but not as much as the next guy I guess. I've never once in my life eaten a burrito and thought "this needs bacon to be good," and the Mexican flavored burger was fine without bacon too. If it was on the burger like it was supposed to be I still would've been happy with it, but it wouldn't be a completely different experience.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Oh shit I'll have to try tha curry burger

Make sure you get the Pikachu mcflurry as well!

bg_flurry_pikachu.jpg

• 1Worf
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 1 users

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
Hey chy what did I just eat. It was pretty good. I don't know the name of the restaurant because it was all In Japanese and no English. Had a chicken on a flag. Looked like a chain restaurant.

20170712_181847.jpg

20170712_181844.jpg

• 1Quality Calories

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Hey chy what did I just eat. It was pretty good. I don't know the name of the restaurant because it was all In Japanese and no English. Had a chicken on a flag. Looked like a chain restaurant.

View attachment 149108

View attachment 149109

The first picture is white rice, miso soup, and I think that's chicken nanban, basically fried chicken cutlet with tartare sauce on top. Looks like a bed of shredded cabbage under that.

The second picture looks way more Chinese than Japanese to me. It looks like honey chicken. Was the sauce sweet? and is that crispy noodles with it? If so, Chinese inspired dish.

No idea on the restaurant. I have never seen a chicken on a flag before. Find a picture and I'll translate it for you.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
KFCF - Kentucky Fried Chicken on a Flag

• 1Worf
  • 1Quality Calories

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Dare I say it? Kentucky Flied Chicken?

Japanese have trouble pronouncing the /l/ sound in English, so they wouldn't generally replace the /r/ in "Fried" with an /l/ sound. In English, our tongue touches the alveolar ridge when we pronounce /l/, whereas the Japanese don't move their tongue up that high when they pronounce their equivalent, which results in more of an /r/ sound. That's why they pronounce a word like "ridiculous" as "ridicurous." They can pronounce the /r/, but they can't get the /l/ due to tongue placement issues.

So your joke should be "Kentucky Fried Chicken Frag."

• 1Worf
  • 1Picard
  • 1Supertaster
Reactions: 2 users

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Japanese have trouble pronouncing the /l/ sound in English, so they wouldn't generally replace the /r/ in "Fried" with an /l/ sound. In English, our tongue touches the alveolar ridge when we pronounce /l/, whereas the Japanese don't move their tongue up that high when they pronounce their equivalent, which results in more of an /r/ sound. That's why they pronounce a word like "ridiculous" as "ridicurous." They can pronounce the /r/, but they can't get the /l/ due to tongue placement issues.

So your joke should be "Kentucky Fried Chicken Frag."

Ah, been a while, guess I got it backwards.

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Forgetting to put bacon on a bacon burger is bad even by Wendy's standards. The fact that you were OK with it bothers me greatly.
It wasn't a bacon burger tho. It was a queso Burger.
If they forgot cheese then it would be another story

Melvin

Blackwing Lair Raider
If it were just a plain Jane bacon cheeseburger, yeah forgetting the bacon would be unforgivable. I'm telling you though, the queso and salsa they use are good. In hindsight I'm surprised I forgot to say that it's not especially spicy though. Like if you get the chicken version you may want to ask for a spicy chicken breast if you have faith that they won't fuck that substitution up somehow.

• 1Like

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Remember, this whole week Domino's is 50% off all online orders. So stock up boys!

• 1Quality Calories

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Remember, this whole week Domino's is 50% off all online orders. So stock up boys!

Domino's is off the list for me now. I had just had a huge Domino's pizza the same night I got the stomach flu. The mere thought of it makes me retch a little.

• 2Supertaster

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
The first picture is white rice, miso soup, and I think that's chicken nanban, basically fried chicken cutlet with tartare sauce on top. Looks like a bed of shredded cabbage under that.

The second picture looks way more Chinese than Japanese to me. It looks like honey chicken. Was the sauce sweet? and is that crispy noodles with it? If so, Chinese inspired dish.

No idea on the restaurant. I have never seen a chicken on a flag before. Find a picture and I'll translate it for you.

Cool thanks man. Next time I go I'll grab a picture of the front of the building. I never thought chicken would taste good with tarter sauce but it was awesome.