The Fast Food Thread

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Bradenton Florida, I am sure we have a Jersey Mikes around here, I have actually never been to one of those. I had a couple of Philly Cheesesteaks the last couple of weeks and neither place was good, one was at a cafe and the I can't remember off the top of my head. I even tried the Papa Johns Philly pizza... don't do it. While not awful it wasn't good either.

Hit up Jersey Mikes. For a chain its not bad. They definitely have them out here in Florida.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I'll second the sonic mozz sticks, I think I might of made a post about them before, between the two though I think Arby's edges out Sonic on the sticks.

I'll also second the don't agree with McCheese, anyone who will a raw uncooked thawed out frozen pizza speaks for itself.

Raw means uncooked. Frozen pizzas and pizza rolls are fully cooked. Says so right on the package.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Raw means uncooked. Frozen pizzas and pizza rolls are fully cooked. Says so right on the package.

Wakandan I didn't say you can't eat it. Just that it's disgusting. Bone Apple Teeth my good man Bone Apple Teeth

sTeES.jpg

McCheese this is what I think about you in the kitchen.

db0.jpg

• 5Worf
Reactions: 4 users

McCheese

That is incorrect. I'm an amazing cook and I've proved it. So much #fakenews about me.

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Anyone know of a place that serves decent cheesesteaks? Or have a bomb ass recipe for one. I have been craving that but every place I have tried around here blows ass.

That and I need to find a good chinamen restaurant to get some General Tso
Cheesesteaks that aren't dry all basically taste the same to me, what are you looking for?
Try any random local pizza place?
Subway? Maybe Arby's?

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Bradenton Florida, I am sure we have a Jersey Mikes around here, I have actually never been to one of those. I had a couple of Philly Cheesesteaks the last couple of weeks and neither place was good, one was at a cafe and the I can't remember off the top of my head. I even tried the Papa Johns Philly pizza... don't do it. While not awful it wasn't good either.
Dominos Philly pizza was fucking excellent the first time I ever had it, mediocre the next two, and then passably good the fourth

Mrs. Gravy

Quite Saucy
<QUITE SAUCY>
Indulgent weekend:
Sat night:Wendy's chicken strip combo, meh...and they didn't give me the chili I ordered, fries were good...won't order again, also that evening at New's
had a dark chocolate Klondike bar...will buy again. Also Cpt. Morgan 100 with sprite and a lime was yum...so was the neat Knob Creek bourbon. (Drinks, prior to adult interaction, Wendy's Klondike, late night excursion).
Sunday I awakened hungry, I rarely wake like that...went to a diner...New and I ordered a bunch of food. Mine: the Godfather breakfast. ..3 eggs over easy, crispy hash browns with a side of salsa, 2 strips of bacon, 2 sausage links, a slice of ham and 2 pancakes....plus got a half order of biscuits and gravy and endless delicious diner coffee. Could not finish the cakes. Took a long walk afterward!
Did not gain any weight. Life is good.

• 2Quality Calories
Reactions: 1 users

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Wendy's fucked up big time. About 10 years ago they had what I'd argue were the greatest chicken strips ever created. Then they got rid of them and brought this new abomination on us.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
That's because mccheese likes garbage tier fast food. Been proven time and time again. Fucking buffalo chips, more like BUFFALO AIDS DIARRHEA CHIPS

I said it before but sonic has very deceptively awesome mozzarella sticks. Also their boneless wings are extremely good for fast food wings.
Plus I think they do BOGO on their wings like once a week. Like you said, not going to win any awards but if you want wings fast and cheap it’s a good option. Asian sweet chili are pretty good

And I want to bring it up again, the carhop classic is an excellent deal at sonic right now. Burger and tots for $3. And tomorrow all day corndogs are $0.50 each

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Wendy's fucked up big time. About 10 years ago they had what I'd argue were the greatest chicken strips ever created. Then they got rid of them and brought this new abomination on us.
Yeah the new strips are bad. Not only taste wise, but their 3 strips the combo came with were literally the size of their chicken nuggets.

Their new dipping sauce is pretty good though

• 1Like

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Plus I think they do BOGO on their wings like once a week. Like you said, not going to win any awards but if you want wings fast and cheap it’s a good option. Asian sweet chili are pretty good

And I want to bring it up again, the carhop classic is an excellent deal at sonic right now. Burger and tots for $3. And tomorrow all day corndogs are $0.50 each
Think the BOGO wings is Thursday or something. And it's good for any size, I usually do two of the largest. Combine that with half price shakes after 8

• 1Solidarity

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
I thought Jersey Mike's Philly was pretty shit. But I also only really like the real deal Phillys with amoroso bread and cheese wiz (which probably isn't traditional but I dig it).

I don't know how widespread the Cook Out chain is, but it's my go to for hamburgers these days.

• 1Solidarity

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I thought Jersey Mike's Philly was pretty shit. But I also only really like the real deal Phillys with amoroso bread and cheese wiz (which probably isn't traditional but I dig it).

I don't know how widespread the Cook Out chain is, but it's my go to for hamburgers these days.

I wouldn't say it's exceptional or anything - if we were in Maryland I'd quote at least 5 chains I'd rate over it - but Florida seems like slim pickings for cheesesteak savvy chains. But they're tolerable.

But then again, I spent my plenty of my early teens in Philly, so Pat's and Geno's are both ingrained in my mind still - so I'll be more critical than most. (And I was a Pat's guy, personally)

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
If cheese is oozing out you're cooking them incorrectly. Amateur hour up in here, calibrate your oven better.
Amateur at using a cooking method that like a week ago I didn't know existed, yes. It's why I included temps and times for feedback. In general, 385 for 6 mins is the sweet spot. I forgive your aspergers and translated your comment to suggest "reduce the heat"
I tried them again at the lowest setting (360) and for 7 minutes and they turned out perfect consistency. This increased their score from {D} to {C+}. But the flavor is still rated {barf}. Nacho would be better, I predict.
Worth buying to try? {Maybe not really I think I will}.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider

There were two rival mom and pops growing up. so good that they were on literally opposite sides of town, yet were in competition.
by random bad luck, both went out of business the same year I jetted town. Cookout burgers remind me much like theirs (which somehow tasted like each other in nearly every way, every dish, weird.)

McCheese

Honestly, that horse meat looks a hell of a lot better than how it was prepared when I ate it:

1457342696_konina-otvarnaya.jpg

• 3Barf
Reactions: 2 users