The Fast Food Thread

Melvin

Blackwing Lair Raider
Bacon King is good, but I still prefer a Baconator over it. That preference is at least partly because my Wendy's Location Privilege is better than average. Idk, it's been such a long time since I've been to a bad Wendy's that I don't even remember exactly how big of a difference it makes.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Baconator has the same amount of beef and bacon but less bun and less mayo so I think it has the edge unless I'm in the mood for mayo. The baconator can get a little greasy sometimes which makes it a little hard to eat in the car.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Baconator has the same amount of beef and bacon but less bun and less mayo so I think it has the edge unless I'm in the mood for mayo. The baconator can get a little greasy sometimes which makes it a little hard to eat in the car.

It's been usurped for me. Bacon King has Roose Boltoned the Baconator.

• 2Quality Calories
Reactions: 1 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
While I do like Burger King I have a real hard time going there over Whataburger here in Texas.

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
Not an exact comparison, but I'd take a flamethrower from DQ over either of them.

00TCAu1.png

• 1Like
  • 1Quality Calories

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Not an exact comparison, but I'd take a flamethrower from DQ over either of them.

Still never been to a DQ in my entire life. Still been meaning to - mental note: she'll want to eat when she's out of the hospital no doubt, find one on the way home.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Still never been to a DQ in my entire life. Still been meaning to - mental note: she'll want to eat when she's out of the hospital no doubt, find one on the way home.

Hit one in the South if you want a great experience, Texas quality standards are insane compared to a few I've been to up north. They never have the fucking Flamethrower down here though, that sauce is so good.

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
I fucked myself posting that picture earlier. I've been thinking about a flamethrower burger all morning and have no way of getting one short of driving 100 miles round trip on icy roads and it's -8 outside.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf

Melvin

Blackwing Lair Raider
Hit one in the South if you want a great experience, Texas quality standards are insane compared to a few I've been to up north. They never have the fucking Flamethrower down here though, that sauce is so good.

I'll confirm that the DQ quality up north in my neck of the woods is pretty low. I don't know how they do it, but there's almost always something disappointing or wrong with the sandwich. On a really good day they'll fuck up the fries instead. I've never had any issue with the deserts though, so I keep going back.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
There's a DQ about 2 minutes away from my house that I never go to anymore because I have never, even once, gotten good fries there. They are always soggy and old.

The flamethrower is a good burger though, fast food wise.

McShrimp

Molten Core Raider
In Wisconsin at least, most of the DQ's closed through the winter, so they were kind of half-assed businesses, and always understaffed. And since everywhere around here has a Culver's now, most of them are gone, or turned into some DQ/Orange Julius thing that only has deserts and maybe deep fryers, but no grills.

That burger looks delicious =/

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Ron Jon territory in Florida - so pretty south here.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Melvin

Blackwing Lair Raider
In Wisconsin at least, most of the DQ's closed through the winter, so they were kind of half-assed businesses, and always understaffed. And since everywhere around here has a Culver's now, most of them are gone, or turned into some DQ/Orange Julius thing that only has deserts and maybe deep fryers, but no grills.

That burger looks delicious =/

Of course the advertisement looks delicious.

There's a few Culver's here and they're always consistently fresh and high quality and busy. For some reason there's like twice as many DQs around though. I think it might be because most of them are so small that they're "fully staffed" with like 2 or 3 workers? I haven't seen a difference in quality between the bigger DQs and the ones barely bigger than a food truck though.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Wife took my debit card for something and forgot to return it (and I forgot too). Went to sonic at 645 and ordered food and realized I only had a $5 bill in my pocket so could only get her ice cream. They closed at 700 so my new years Eve had no food for me. I made pigs in a blanket so it was alright I guess, but I craved that blast later.

Going tonight and splurging