The Fast Food Thread

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Cane's is pretty fucking good, I had some a couple of times when I was working in Texas. Shame they don't have any in Florida.

Publix Deli Chicken Tenders are Superior to any like tendies chain in my experience.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
In Houston we had a Zaxbys and a Canes with in 3 miles of my house. Then we moved to Orlando...

Their sauce is good and I liked them. Would definitely try that sandwhich if one was close.

Eh? There should be some over there, we've got one in Melbourne...

From what I recall of what you've said for your territory over there - shouldn't Millenial or one of the University ones be pretty close?

Orlando Restaurants - Locations in Orlando, FL | Zaxby's

• 1Like

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Publix Deli Chicken Tenders are Superior to any like tendies chain in my experience.

Publix is just all around awesome as far as grocery stores go. The Deli subs they make shit on damn near every chain, and they take a full on steamer in the mouth of anything subway has to offer really subway sucks fucking shit I don't know how they are in business.

The chicken tenders aren't bad but again I don't know if I would go as far to say better to every place when it comes to chicken

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Eh? There should be some over there, we've got one in Melbourne...

From what I recall of what you've said for your territory over there - shouldn't Millenial or one of the University ones be pretty close?

Orlando Restaurants - Locations in Orlando, FL | Zaxby's

Looks like there is one 7 miles away. Must be off my normal route because ive never seen it. Ill keep it in mind.

Getting a Papa Murphys cowboy pizza tonight.

• 1Like

Vaclav

Looks like there is one 7 miles away. Must be off my normal route because ive never seen it. Ill keep it in mind.

Getting a Papa Murphys cowboy pizza tonight.

I think the "north" university st one is by the Wingstop if memory serves - I seem to recall seeing one closeby when we decided to give WS a shot after the Szechuan debacle.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I can't remember, is Jimmy John's the sandwich place people speak highly of? The reason I ask is because one just opened within walking distance of me so I tried it out. It was ok, but it literally felt like just a really well-upkept Subway. I typically go to Togo's (West Coast only) at least once a week, sometimes 2 or 3, and Jimmy John's was a big letdown compared to them. There's only wheat or french bread, ONE fucking cheese (provolone no less, which is ok, but hardly the one cheese I'd pick if forced to), and literally nothing special that I could see. The french bread was good, but not much different than a Subway white/french. Togo's has 4 or 5 breads and cheeses alone.

I could be mistaken about you guys hyping it up though too. Maybe it is someplace else that I'm confusing it with. If I had to rank the three, I'd put Subway at a 5 for a median baseline, Jimmy John's at a 6 for being slightly better quality (and at least their one cheese isn't a shitty American cheese blend like all of Subway's) but more expensive, and Togo's at a 9, because there is always room to improve.

Bruuce

Blackwing Lair Raider
The only good thing about jimmy johns is they stay open relatively late and deliver. Theyre not known for good quality sammies. p much just drunk food

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
As others have stated Jimmy Johns is meh, but they deliver which can be a plus. Also I have heard some boycott the place because I guess Jimmy John likes to go big game hunting or some shit.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I can't remember, is Jimmy John's the sandwich place people speak highly of? The reason I ask is because one just opened within walking distance of me so I tried it out. It was ok, but it literally felt like just a really well-upkept Subway. I typically go to Togo's (West Coast only) at least once a week, sometimes 2 or 3, and Jimmy John's was a big letdown compared to them. There's only wheat or french bread, ONE fucking cheese (provolone no less, which is ok, but hardly the one cheese I'd pick if forced to), and literally nothing special that I could see. The french bread was good, but not much different than a Subway white/french. Togo's has 4 or 5 breads and cheeses alone.

I could be mistaken about you guys hyping it up though too. Maybe it is someplace else that I'm confusing it with. If I had to rank the three, I'd put Subway at a 5 for a median baseline, Jimmy John's at a 6 for being slightly better quality (and at least their one cheese isn't a shitty American cheese blend like all of Subway's) but more expensive, and Togo's at a 9, because there is always room to improve.

You were probably thinking of Firehouse subs. JJ's is meh and they don't do hot sandwiches.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Jersey Mike's might have been the chain people liked. Personally, I like Penn Station if I'm eating a chain sub and Firehouse are ok as well(haven't tried Publix unfortunately).

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
when i was going to college, my apartment was just a few blocks from JJ's, and we'd get them delivered often simply because they got it to us in like 5 minutes after ordering. then one time there was a bunch of broken glass in my buddy's sub. we called and complained, and they basically just said "oh thats weird." have not eaten there since, even at other locations.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I think it is west coast only but for a sub chain Togo's is pretty damn good. Their hot pastrami is legit.

• 1Like

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Togo's is second only to In-N-Out on my list of chains I miss from California.

Crone

Schlotzsky's >
Original deluxe!

It's one of those places that you completely forget about, until you see it and try it again and remember how bad ass they are.

I moved back down to the Portland area, and it's a fast food waste land imo. It's all probably there, but might as well not be because driving across i-5 into Portland isn't happening. Wish more shit was on the Vancouver side. :(

• 1Solidarity

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Eating a large size Bacon king from BK. Not bad at all and they loaded it with tons of bacon. Washed it down with a grape mellow yellow.

Time for some EQ.

• 1Quality Calories