The Fast Food Thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
34, never had spam. I think I'd probably like it, but it's one of those things I probably don't need in my life

• 1Supertaster
Reactions: 1 user

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
34, never had spam. I think I'd probably like it, but it's one of those things I probably don't need in my life

Your from north enough that you've probably had scrapple, right? It's been eons since I've had it, but from what I can recall - cooked Spam is pretty much the same thing as scrapple. Might be some small nuance to distinguish them, but nothing too substantial.

• 1Like

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Really starting to fall in love with the McDonald's premium chicken fillets on the $3 chicken and the signature. Maybe just local quality but it's actually really good in a way i can't describe. Like it's a good kinds of cheer. Instead of bland dry white meat areas to be almost dark meat. Like if you somehow took a kfc drumstick and made it into apatty.

Really want to get to arbys and try that spicy fish sandwhich and the oreo hot melt things? Just realizing hasn't seen their coupons in a while. If it wasn't for amazing coupons Carl's suddenly put out id be exclusively amcdonalds man right now which is funny since 3 months ago I was pretty disdainfull of them.

• 1Solidarity

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Scrapple is Pennsylvania.

Upstate NY had it pre-Y2K as well while I was educating - I never really lived in PA (although I was just over the border for most of MD).

Heck, some of Florida has it, but everything gets imported down here if you look hard enough. (Besides fucking Crab chips!!!!)

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Really starting to fall in love with the McDonald's premium chicken fillets on the $3 chicken and the signature. Maybe just local quality but it's actually really good in a way i can't describe. Like it's a good kinds of cheer. Instead of bland dry white meat areas to be almost dark meat. Like if you somehow took a kfc drumstick and made it into apatty.

Really want to get to arbys and try that spicy fish sandwhich and the oreo hot melt things? Just realizing hasn't seen their coupons in a while. If it wasn't for amazing coupons Carl's suddenly put out id be exclusively amcdonalds man right now which is funny since 3 months ago I was pretty disdainfull of them.
I too have been loving their chicken patties. Sweet BBQ Onion is the jam. 8/10

I tried their new quarter pounder (in pico gauc crafted form) and the patty has indeed improved. not only juicy and textured, it has a seasoning to it. It approaches cookout burgers, but oddly it was like approaching the fourth wall in computer graphics and thus had an awkward factor to it, like "I should just buy meat and make my own"
more science is needed 5/10

Pemulis

Not Woke
<Bronze Donator>
Spam and scrapple taste nothing alike. Different taste, completely different texture. Spam is like schwag ham. Scrapple is more like pureed sausage and corn meal that's only appealing if its sufficiently crispy and you don't read the ingredients on the package.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Scrapple sounds so similar to goetta which is a local Cincy thing that is gross af. I have an acquaintance also from Cincy here who is a chef/restaurateur and opened a fancy restaurant that serves goetta on the brunch menu and even they couldn't make it good.

Juvarisx

Florida
But I gotta' go inside a WalMart. I don't know where you live, but in south Florida, going inside a WalMart is bad for your health.

I'm in SW Florida as well and we use Walmart online ordering! We do our non meet / cheese / vegetable food shopping there cause Cheez-its are 2.50 a box compared to 4.50 a box at Publix, etc. You order and they bring it out to your car at the side of the store and even load it for you. Costs nothing and takes 3 minutes. Has saved us a good amount of cash over the past year and I still don't have to go inside that shithole.

• 1Solidarity

Sludig

Carl's Jr has an app like McD's?
No i don't think. their good coupons are mailed. Went thru a phase of kinda crappy, but 70% of the coupons on the page this month are bogo various big $ burgers/biscuits.

Sludig

I too have been loving their chicken patties. Sweet BBQ Onion is the jam. 8/10

I tried their new quarter pounder (in pico gauc crafted form) and the patty has indeed improved. not only juicy and textured, it has a seasoning to it. It approaches cookout burgers, but oddly it was like approaching the fourth wall in computer graphics and thus had an awkward factor to it, like "I should just buy meat and make my own"
more science is needed 5/10
See i didn't care for the bbq. I think ii enjoy my home made or arby/carls bbq stuff better. But maybe mine was made by the retards is highly likely.

I was saddened to see adding mac sauce not a custom option thru app. Want to try mac sauce spicy chicken.

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
See i didn't care for the bbq. I think ii enjoy my home made or arby/carls bbq stuff better. But maybe mine was made by the retards is highly likely.

I was saddened to see adding mac sauce not a custom option thru app. Want to try mac sauce spicy chicken.
yeah i noticed that too.

The pico gauc crispy was also great, 7+/10. the slippage of the gauc is a rogue bastard tho, beware when driving.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Always thought of Spam as the food of last resort. Had it in the hunting camp, boat, or whatever else and when you ran out of everything else you ate Spam since it lasted forever and then some. Maybe it gained a foothold in Hawaii because it was once given out to the military and they got ahold of it there. Maybe.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
We had Treat! which was imitation Spam..

Yeah I remember Treet being the low rent Spam. It had a different texture like it was made from the very last scraps of meat they were able to mechanically separate from the bone. Kinda like a Vienna sausage.

• 1Like