The Fast Food Thread

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
There are Bojangles in Maryland and one in DC as well. I just moved up to Baltimore recently, I’ve seen at least one of them while doing Uber.

That's good to know. I've never seen them, probably because it looks like most of them are in locations I really have no desire to venture (or are so far out it'd be quicker to go into VA anyway). I might try the one at Union Station in DC. Fuck if I'm going down to Oxon Hill though, isn't that where the dude got stabbed to death for a Popeye's sammich?

Wake Up Man
<Banned>
That's good to know. I've never seen them, probably because it looks like most of them are in locations I really have no desire to venture (or are so far out it'd be quicker to go into VA anyway). I might try the one at Union Station in DC. Fuck if I'm going down to Oxon Hill though, isn't that where the dude got stabbed to death for a Popeye's sammich?

I don’t understand how people live in certain parts of this state. Some areas are great. Most areas are fucking trash. Baltimore makes me laugh with its trash cans that have “Keep Baltimore clean” on them, with trash all around them, basically everywhere but inside the trash can. The Popeyes up here are legit though.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Hit up this place today.

Honestly one of the best burgers I've had in a while. Top notch place.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Hit up this place today.

Honestly one of the best burgers I've had in a while. Top notch place.

This place opened near us called Rodeo Goat (I think I mentioned it before in here) and it continually knocks my socks off.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
We were in Chicago today and the family really wanted Chicago pizza. We went to Giordano's, which is supposed to be some of the best Chicago style pizza.

I hate that crap. It's a casserole, it isn't pizza.

• 2Supertaster
Reactions: 1 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Get Chicago style hot dogs instead next time.

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
We were in Chicago today and the family really wanted Chicago pizza. We went to Giordano's, which is supposed to be some of the best Chicago style pizza.

I hate that crap. It's a casserole, it isn't pizza.
Yea, I like it, but I tend to agree that it's pretty different than most pizzas. it's like 2 inches of cheese and toppings. Lol! Giordano's is also on GoldBelly, and they'll ship out frozen pizza's. Curious, how much did it cost you? Goldbelly charges around $35 each.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Yea, I like it, but I tend to agree that it's pretty different than most pizzas. it's like 2 inches of cheese and toppings. Lol! Giordano's is also on GoldBelly, and they'll ship out frozen pizza's. Curious, how much did it cost you? Goldbelly charges around $35 each.
Jesus, there is no pizza in the world worth $35

• 1Like

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Giordanos sucks. It's easily the worst of the deep dish pizza places in Chicago.

• 2Like

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Get Chicago style hot dogs instead next time.

That discussion was had. I have, in one of my past lives, made hot dogs. I have a very hard time eating them. I may give it a try, though. I've heard others say the same thing.

I saved that. We might try it, though the general feelings of the family towards Chicago style was not positive.

It was $25 per pizza. Which is ridiculous.

Giordanos sucks. It's easily the worst of the deep dish pizza places in Chicago.

What would you recommend?

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
What would you recommend?

Giordano's is probably the worst out of the main "chains". Pequod's is more of a Chicago pan pizza but it's good especially if you are into that carmelized cheese edge like on a Detroit Style pizza. Lou Malnati's is probably best for the general Chicago Deep Dish pizza. I do have a soft spot for Uno's though. Although that's kind of more tourist trappy like Gino's. Another place that my cousin raves about is Bartoli's, but I have never eaten there personally. Mind you if you just don't like that big "knife and fork" type pizza. It may just not be your thing.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Giordano's is probably the worst out of the main "chains". Pequod's is more of a Chicago pan pizza but it's good especially if you are into that carmelized cheese edge like on a Detroit Style pizza. Lou Malnati's is probably best for the general Chicago Deep Dish pizza. I do have a soft spot for Uno's though. Although that's kind of more tourist trappy like Gino's. Another place that my cousin raves about is Bartoli's, but I have never eaten there personally. Mind you if you just don't like that big "knife and fork" type pizza. It may just not be your thing.

I guess Gino's is just so popular because of location. But anything that make Chicago pizza less like Chicago pizza and more like real pizza would make it better.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Lou Malnati’s is always my recommendation. Pequods is good but out of the way for 95% of people.
Lou’s is thicker than pan pizza but not as thick as Giordanos, Unos, or Ginos

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
product_pizza.jpg

More perogies. These things are like Pillsbury Pizza Bites/Tostino Pizza rolls, but even better. Pizza flavoured potatoes, dude... unf

• 1Like
  • 1Truth!

Bruuce

Blackwing Lair Raider
If you go to chicago and get pizza and arent going to Pequods youre doing it wrong

• 1Solidarity