The Fast Food Thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Apparently, Fierce Strawberry Gatorade is god tier. I've been under to yet find it however

The best was Fierce Mandarin, I only found it twice in my life and it was fucking incredible. I will look for this though.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Been drinking the sugar free Gatorades as a way to cut back. Not even sure why, at this point water is better. Fuck life.

• 1Like

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Been drinking the sugar free Gatorades as a way to cut back. Not even sure why, at this point water is better. Fuck life.
Powerade Zero is way fucking better. Full sugar versions? Gatorade wins hands down, but for sugar free, powerade is really great.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
That's true, but I'm even trying to cut these drinks out

Betes and all
I respect the effort, but how is a zero carb drink going to hurt your diabetes? I'm right there with you brother, and 8 times out of 10, another drink is going to be preferable to water, but that's why you just have to find the drinks that don't hurt the betes! In my house hold that's Powerade Zero, Fresca, Diet Coke, Diet Cherry Pepsi, Coke Zero sometimes.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I respect the effort, but how is a zero carb drink going to hurt your diabetes? I'm right there with you brother, and 8 times out of 10, another drink is going to be preferable to water, but that's why you just have to find the drinks that don't hurt the betes! In my house hold that's Powerade Zero, Fresca, Diet Coke, Diet Cherry Pepsi, Coke Zero sometimes.

I believe that despite being no sugar no calorie there is some kind of effect of drinking excess of them.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
It doesn't make any sense to me that something with artificial flavoring and other ingredients to make it taste like "something" can somehow be the dietary equivalent of water at 0 calories. Seems like bullshit marketing wizardry.

I also don't understand how people find themselves in a situation where they actively think water isn't a good drink. It's crisp, clean and it quenches your thirst. Treating water as a last resort sounds exactly like a heavy drug addiction. That's bad bros.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
It doesn't make any sense to me that something with artificial flavoring and other ingredients to make it taste like "something" can somehow be the dietary equivalent of water at 0 calories. Seems like bullshit marketing wizardry.

I also don't understand how people find themselves in a situation where they actively think water isn't a good drink. It's crisp, clean and it quenches your thirst. Treating water as a last resort sounds exactly like a heavy drug addiction. That's bad bros.
Yeah I mean I drink water 95% of the time, but many years ago before diagnosis I was that dude that drank soda nonstop and thought water was battery acid. I usually bring one sugar free Gatorades with me, but it doesn't really matter

I think technically it's not 0 calories but they squeeze the ingredients below the threshold where they measure them towards calories. Think I read that before.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The powers that be declare drinking too much water late at night is a bad thing. But it's winter and the humidity is bottomed out, your mouth gets dry and sometimes you need to chug a whole chilled bottle.

• 1Like

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Water is the best non-alcoholic beverage. I drink a ton of water. Nothing else satisfies when I'm actually thirsty.

• 1Like

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
The powers that be declare drinking too much water late at night is a bad thing. But it's winter and the humidity is bottomed out, your mouth gets dry and sometimes you need to chug a whole chilled bottle.
Really? What was the reasoning they gave?

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Really? What was the reasoning they gave?
Your body is supposed to slow down functions so you can get a full night's sleep. Nocturia (needing to pee while sleeping) not only wakes you up in the middle of the night it can interrupt REM cycles.

Caffeine and alcohol are doubly not recommended as something to drink before sleeping since they will keep your body actively processing, including waste functions.

• 1Like

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Powerade Zero is way fucking better. Full sugar versions? Gatorade wins hands down, but for sugar free, powerade is really great.

i used to like Powerade Zero better, but now i much prefer Gatorade Zero.... Powerade Zero is too syruppy for me...

i too am doing better about just drinking water, tho. my thing is, since chemo, can't manage to drink just straight water with my pills or with meals... i used to be nothing but water for years and years when i was vegetarian, just my chemistry is that fucked up anymore i suppose... certain situations straight water almost makes me gag.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Not sure how I feel about this.

safe_image.php

• 1Barf
  • 1WTF
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users