The Fast Food Thread

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Would you?

86ec1916ecb7cbf258de7d9c8cb8ad5e_width-600.jpg

I’d rather take option C which is Andy Capps Hot Fries out of the vending machine.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I’m not going to lie

big mistake my gut is killing me

• 4Worf
  • 1Quality Calories
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
There have been studies that possibly link then to raised blood glucose over time.

Plus they taste like shit

Does anybody have any actual citations that this information is true? I seem to remember a massive debate over sugar substitutes in the last "Quality Calories" thread back on Rerolled/Morenetz/FoH V1.0 and most of the "fears" over sugar substitutes were bullshit.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Does anybody have any actual citations that this information is true? I seem to remember a massive debate over sugar substitutes in the last "Quality Calories" thread back on Rerolled/Morenetz/FoH V1.0 and most of the "fears" over sugar substitutes were bullshit.
No, and I'm not sure I believe it's true either. But I'm diabetic, so I tend to try to avoid things that fall into the "maybe" category anyways. For normal dudes, I wouldn't even give it a second thought. Although, probably something can be said for all the other chemicals those drinks introduce into your body.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
The debate isn't really about sugar substitutes. Those are used in diet sodas but the they still have calories. Which makes sense. The 0 calorie drinks don't. They use "natural flavors" which is nebulous and dubious in and of itself. If you look at the nutrition label of a flavored seltzer is literally says "Water, Natural Flavors". That's it, those are the only 2 ingredients.

So there is no splenda, aspartame, sweet n low, etc in it. But what is in it, the companies are allowed to be mysterious about.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Peeps seem to be available year round for awhile now. Still disgusting but now you can get them whenever you want.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
The debate isn't really about sugar substitutes. Those are used in diet sodas but the they still have calories. Which makes sense. The 0 calorie drinks don't. They use "natural flavors" which is nebulous and dubious in and of itself. If you look at the nutrition label of a flavored seltzer is literally says "Water, Natural Flavors". That's it, those are the only 2 ingredients.

So there is no splenda, aspartame, sweet n low, etc in it. But what is in it, the companies are allowed to be mysterious about.
Oh yeah I wasn't referring to sugar substitutes even though the post I quoted did, because I can't read. I don't drink diet soda or anything, because I'm even more dubious about artificial sweeteners

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Peeps seem to be available year round for awhile now. Still disgusting but now you can get them whenever you want.

I 100% get the hate for Peeps. They are like those nasty cherry cordials my family keeps trolling Moskank Moskank and I with for Christmas every year.

but still I like em occasionally

giphy.gif