The Fast Food Thread

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Did they fuck with the recipe for Bugles? I bought a bag of ranch ones and they don't taste like I remember.
Bugles are one of those things that I love, but never remember to buy. Might have to get some this weekend, but like always, will probably forget.

Had one of those Bertoli instant dinners tonight, where you just throw everything into a big pan on the stove, and it comes out. Had fettuccine alfredo with broccoli tonight. It wasn't too bad, but not great.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Did they fuck with the recipe for Bugles? I bought a bag of ranch ones and they don't taste like I remember.

I get these every once in awhile on a whim. Last time I got a bag of the nacho cheese they were just underwhelming. I dunno if something changed or whatever but they didn't seem right.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Had one of those Bertoli instant dinners tonight, where you just throw everything into a big pan on the stove, and it comes out. Had fettuccine alfredo with broccoli tonight. It wasn't too bad, but not great.

I've tried like 2-3 of those and they were all bland to me. They aren't bad, but I am better off just going to Fazoli's or something.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I've tried like 2-3 of those and they were all bland to me. They aren't bad, but I am better off just going to Fazoli's or something.
Yea, IMO, if you are going to have to put something in a pan and heat it up, it's not that much harder to just make it for real and make it way better? That's my thought on it at least. Now for something like the PF Changs pan meals for Kung Pao chicken, or Orange chicken or something, that's a little different because that's slightly harder to make yourself.

• 1Solidarity

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Yea, IMO, if you are going to have to put something in a pan and heat it up, it's not that much harder to just make it for real and make it way better? That's my thought on it at least. Now for something like the PF Changs pan meals for Kung Pao chicken, or Orange chicken or something, that's a little different because that's slightly harder to make yourself.

I actually enjoy the store bought chinese pork or chicken dumplings especially for that reason. I know how to make them by hand but fuck all that work. Even meh store bought dumplings can be made good with a decent dipping sauce.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
The Trader Joe's dumplings are truth. Possibly my favorite TJ's frozen food item. Which is saying something because they're the kings of frozen food.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

rad

Lord of Guk
Now for something like the PF Changs pan meals for Kung Pao chicken, or Orange chicken or something, that's a little different because that's slightly harder to make yourself.

lanxwah.jpg

• 4Worf

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole

They're good for "I know I planned to go to the supermarket on Saturday but I'm already sitting at the computer so fuck it" days and they're the only thing left in your fridge/freezer that resembles food

• 1Like

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The Trader Joe's dumplings are truth. Possibly my favorite TJ's frozen food item. Which is saying something because they're the kings of frozen food.
Trader Joe’s orange chicken is emperor of frozen foods but the dumplings are great too.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Went to BK last night to c elebrate that I was hungry. Might be the last straw..

I'm ordering and the woman taking my order is super slow and very confused by what I'm saying. I ordered the Bacon King meal and she can't process that I said number 4 or whatever number it is. Had to repeat myself like 3 or 4 times. Then she just says "PULL AHEAD." Without taking my size, what drink I want, or if I want anything else. So I told her there's more. Then she can't understand that I said "large" for the life of her. I added some nuggets and she was like "uhhh ok??"

It was a very confusing interaction, but whatever. I get up there and she just puts out her hand. I knew the total anyways because I'm not a noob, but this lady is fuckin weird. She gives me my food and closes the window and I just sit there. She re-opens the window and I said "I think you forgot my drink" and she literally went "huh, drink???" with this dumbass look on her face. I assume she was high or something. She was also built like a linebacker with chicken legs.

Finally start eating and my soda is a diet. I can't stand diet soda, I'd rather drink piss. Fries are super hot and pretty good. Nuggets are cold. Burger is super cold and unmelted cheese. I was so disappointed.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
BK is the worst fast food, you get what you get for supporting those monsters.

• 2Solidarity
  • 2Like

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
BK here has a manager lady that is almost too wide in the butt to walk between the grille and the wall or whatever, same for the front counter. But she gets shit done and whips the workers into shape.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I really don't understand the BK advocates here. It's bottom tier. Which is crazy because they were my favorite like 20 years ago. Used to have the best fries and burgers that actually tasted like they were grilled. Now it's pure shit across the board.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Bacon King is delicious.

In fast food news in downtown Austin they have this place called Austin Java that is actually like a New York Deli or old fashioned diner. Club sandwich so big I could barely finish it. Along with a mountain of fries.

I'll need to go there more often.

1582307863522.png

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I really don't understand the BK advocates here. It's bottom tier. Which is crazy because they were my favorite like 20 years ago. Used to have the best fries and burgers that actually tasted like they were grilled. Now it's pure shit across the board.
The Northeast is devoid of all good fast food. This is a hard concept for you normies to understand but we literally only have BK, mcds, and Wendy's. We got our first Sonic a couple years ago and that's shit now too

• 1Solidarity