The Fast Food Thread

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Are you guys still getting fast food? I've taken the quarantine order pretty seriously, and while I trust myself to wash my hands and not sneeze on food, I don't trust someone who has managed to land a "career" at a fast food place. Do you guys really think they're being careful? And am I being over paranoid?

I never really did fast food previously, but I've been cooking somewhat less at home and more supporting local spots that are still open and doing curbside take away. A lot of our places are doing new menus weekly, family style menus, and beer/wine combo specials. And every place I've been has had multiple cars waiting for food. There's a local pizza place, Pizza D'Action (or Pizza Ds), that was doing a large pizza, two salads, a side, and a growler of beer or magnum of wine for like $20 as a takeout. The deals around are incredible.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Unless you're at risk or live with someone at risk then you're being too paranoid. Live life and enjoy fast food. Chances are you're gonna get it at some point anyway, it's not going to magically vanish. Don't live in fear and let it ruin fast food, one of the greatest Joy's in life.

• 5Like
  • 2Solidarity
  • 1Quality Calories
Reactions: 7 users

Zzen

Potato del Grande
Unless you're at risk or live with someone at risk then you're being too paranoid. Live life and enjoy fast food. Chances are you're gonna get it at some point anyway, it's not going to magically vanish. Don't live in fear and let it ruin fast food, one of the greatest Joy's in life.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Local place known for their finger steaks that has been closed decided to open up today for curbside pickup and made finger steaks half off. Here's a pic my neighbor posted of it. I guess it was a popular idea.

airport.jpg

I don't know why finger steaks aren't more popular in the rest of the world.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Local place known for their finger steaks that has been closed decided to open up today for curbside pickup and made finger steaks half off. Here's a pic my neighbor posted of it. I guess it was a popular idea.

View attachment 263672

I don't know why finger steaks aren't more popular in the rest of the world.
I don't even know what a finger steak is.

• 1Solidarity

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
It's a cubed or sometimes non-cubed steak, breaded and deep fried. It's the beef version of chicken fingers. Pretty damn good.

image3_54_990x660.jpeg

• 4Quality Calories
  • 3Like
Reactions: 6 users

Fucker

Log Wizard
I'm with dirk, but I'm also in MA which is a very dangerous place right now. Depends where you are. I don't trust a teenager on a good day, let alone during a pandemic.

If your wife wants to garden I wouldn't complain, anytime my wife finds a hobby it means she stops bitching at me about little things.

I went to a Subway one time, and all the employees looked like they'd been scraped out of the gutter. I was 100% full nope.

I'm not ordering anything until this thing passes...and I am willing to murder for a pizza right now.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Jokes on you suckers, I got Corona like 3 weeks ago and already recovered. I can order whatever I want. Though, I believe SOME people can get it twice, but when I had it it was super mild and lasted like 5 days for me, my father just had a fever mild cough for like 2 weeks and my mother (who got us infected) is completely asymptomatic.

Shoulda had some corona parties for the healthies like chicken pox so you can go to a drive-thru and not be scared when they hand you your nuggies.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
We have a friend that's been in the ICU for 18 days (they're doing experimental treatment now because he's not dying.. but not getting better). Same age as me with two kids. No thanks

And both Crone and I are at risk even though we aren't elderly.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I've done fast food once and takeout twice since this whole thing started. I just couldn't take eating what I had on hand a few times and needed some deep fried goodness. Takeout was from the restaurant at my golf club though so no worries for me there (super posh, high end important people type place. I'm kind of a big deal).

In all seriousness though the golf club has been a godsend. They are even selling produce and meat to us directly at wholesale prices. You have to buy in bulk but it's pretty sweet since the quality is a lot better than my local grocery store and there are no lines or other people to deal with. Curbside pickup.

• 1Like

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Corona does not like preservatives or alcohol. Not saying I had it but a few weeks ago I had sniffles for 2 days and it went away after I had Taco Bell, Popeyes chicken sandwich, and Tito’s vodka on the same day.

Live Free Or DIE!

• 1Quality Calories
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I'm still ordering delivery once or twice a week. Some of you are acting like if you look at someone with COVID you're gonna catch it.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
I get takeout or drive through twice a day because I'm too lazy to do anything. Except pizza rolls, I can put those in the oven easy.

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
I've been driving thru fearlessly but there are no cases in my county or any adjoining ones so far.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I've been doing a ton of ordering and drive through because I'd rather do that than deal with the fucking disaster that all the grocery stores are on a daily basis. It's hurting my bank account some, and I've been thinking about cutting back.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I'm still ordering delivery once or twice a week. Some of you are acting like if you look at someone with COVID you're gonna catch it.
I get sick looking at people with colds, so for me at least yeah Im scared of that.

I mean it's fine, I won't say you guys shouldn't do it or judge. Just me, hell no..

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
The cases here are increasing, so I'm being more cautious. That said. Grocery stores aren't hospitable at all. The Wal-Mart stopped running it's HVAC. Humid inside. Freaky

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
The cases here are increasing, so I'm being more cautious. That said. Grocery stores aren't hospitable at all. The Wal-Mart stopped running it's HVAC. Humid inside. Freaky

I'm actually pretty surprised/pleased with our Walmart and local grocery stores. They all have one taped off entrance and exit with them limiting the amount of shoppers and also supplying sanitized carts. There are marked stickers at the checkouts for social distancing and the local stores even went to one way aisles. The problem is the customers that just don't follow basic social distancing or you have that person that has to touch every product to search for the best one.

• 1Like