The Fast Food Thread

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I'm just shocked there were leftovers. For shame!

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
This guy doesn't know about reheating in a cast iron pan

I literally just reheated a slice in my cast iron. Eating it now. I usually use the air fryer but I ordered a NY style pizza and the slices are over a foot across.

• 1Quality Calories

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I literally just reheated a slice in my cast iron. Eating it now. I usually use the air fryer but I ordered a NY style pizza and the slices are over a foot across.
I discovered that technique a few months ago and will never use another method ever

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Got off from work early today so I rewarded myself with Wendy's new breakfast, for science.

Wendy's
Wedges - Fine: 5/10 - Better than Wendy's fries, but not as good as say gas station wedges
Breakfast Baconator - Meh: 4/10 - Egg felt out of place, but it did most of the work. The patty is sausage, not burger or burger-sausage composite; wasn't good. Bacon was bacon. Sauces were off.

Soda - For diet, I don't grocery soda anymore, but I allow it when eating out, so the sweet sweet syrup was welcomed. And they made two by accident and let me keep both.

Conclusion: I'd never get that combo again. I may try something else, but it's highly unlikely I'll go out of my way to do so.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Got off from work early today so I rewarded myself with Wendy's new breakfast, for science.

Wendy's
Wedges - Fine: 5/10 - Better than Wendy's fries, but not as good as say gas station wedges
Breakfast Baconator - Meh: 4/10 - Egg felt out of place, but it did most of the work. The patty is sausage, not burger or burger-sausage composite; wasn't good. Bacon was bacon. Sauces were off.

Soda - For diet, I don't grocery soda anymore, but I allow it when eating out, so the sweet sweet syrup was welcomed. And they made two by accident and let me keep both.

Conclusion: I'd never get that combo again. I may try something else, but it's highly unlikely I'll go out of my way to do so.

McD's has the best fast food breakfast sausage imo. All others don't compare.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
When I was a kid I vaguely remember McDonald's have a breakfast buffet. Shit was good to 5 year.old me

• 1Mother of God

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Steak N Shake is almost not a thing anymore. They shuttered all 3 in my area last fall.
That sucks. Im not a huge fan because their fries are meh but I like their breakfast sandwhich and tacos.

• 1Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
That sucks. Im not a huge fan because their fries are meh but I like their breakfast sandwhich and tacos.

Yeah, the fries are trash unless you can scarf them down right out of the fryer. Their burgers are alright. We just have a local place that makes better smashburgers. The best thing about the place, for my town at least, was it was one of only 3 food places open 24 hours.

• 1Like

lgarthy

<Silver Donator>
Easily the two best.

View attachment 269432
The shin black premium are top notch quality and my personal favorite. I always keep a box on hand from Costco.

chicken flavored ones have that chemical spicy but I still love them too.
I disagree-- the spicy BLOW away the shin black in every aspect; taste, spiciness, texture. All of it... and the cups are never as good as the packages. Hell, I would rate them over most ramen restaurants ramen....

The Samyan 2x spicy is not as spicy as the shin ramyun spicy and nowhere near as tasty. Nothing beats Nongshim spicy flavor. Nothing. I am fortunate to have an asian market very close that specializes in Ramen-- 3 whole isles of it. The best seem to come from Malaysia, Korea, Thailand and Vietnam. But the Nongshim they have is made in LA and South Korea. They have a "light" version of the spicy that is pretty good too. So is their KimChi flavor. Also. VIFON makes some awesome instant Pho.

1590196967947.png

1590197835082.png

1590197892399.png

Try the VIFON stuff for lighter change of pace-- pretty damn good too!

1590197794271.png

The Samyung spicy chicken Curry is better than the 2x spicy flavor; but it is more of a spicy noodle than a soup ramen (and Nongshim and VIFON are better than anything Samyang puts out, not that they are bad.

1590197113202.png

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

lgarthy

<Silver Donator>
I made these (actually made them by buying cocktail weiners and pastry) and no one ate them. Ended up eating 65 of them. And it was fucking awesome
One of my guilty pleasures is going to Aldi, getting the smoked bratwurst, grilling them and then wrapping them in 2 triangles of their crescent rolls. It means a minimum five mile run the next day, but they are so simple and so satisfying!

1590198365096.png

+
1590198393117.png

=
1590198737239.png

• 5Quality Calories
  • 1Like
Reactions: 5 users

lgarthy

<Silver Donator>
PS-- Aldi should have it's own thread for Fast Foods, Frozen Foods and snacks... I have found so much amazing stuff there. True; it's not the same as a drive-through or a restaurant, but it's its own weird little niche. I found tubs of "no-bake" cookie doughs there last week. They always have amazing stuff.
1590199153245.png

• 1Quality Calories

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I disagree-- the spicy BLOW away the shin black in every aspect; taste, spiciness, texture.

I agree 100%. I've eaten a fair amount of the black when the store was out of spicy and it's a poor substitute.

The Samyan 2x spicy is not as spicy as the shin ramyun spicy

But now you lost me. Are you leaving the water in the samyang? Because I think the regular samyang hot chicken is hotter than the shin spicy, let alone the 2x.

• 1Like

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
One of my guilty pleasures is going to Aldi, getting the smoked bratwurst, grilling them and then wrapping them in 2 triangles of their crescent rolls. It means a minimum five mile run the next day, but they are so simple and so satisfying!

View attachment 272070
+
View attachment 272071
=
View attachment 272072
Lmao as if the 5 mile run helps hahaha. I'm the same way man. I ate more than I should Thursday night so my Friday run was an extra 30 minutes. As if that made up for it.

• 1Like

lgarthy

<Silver Donator>
Lmao as if the 5 mile run helps hahaha. I'm the same way man. I ate more than I should Thursday night so my Friday run was an extra 30 minutes. As if that made up for it.

Let me live in my delusion. Imagine if you don't!

• 1Like