The Fast Food Thread

lgarthy

<Silver Donator>
I agree 100%. I've eaten a fair amount of the black when the store was out of spicy and it's a poor substitute.

But now you lost me. Are you leaving the water in the samyang? Because I think the regular samyang hot chicken is hotter than the shin spicy, let alone the 2x.

No- I make it the way it is supposed to be made, with just a small amount of water. It's more of a noodle than a true soup ramen. I don't think Samyang is much hotter. It's definitely not tastier. There are a few Malaysian ones I have had (I went to the store, but COVID has really put a damper on their international ramen right not) to find some of their brutal ones... they are out of a lot. The trick is to have HOT/PAINFUL but also TASTY/YUMMY. Hard to hit long on both axes.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
So what's a good ramen that isn't spicy. I'm a wimp, and every single kind of ramen recommended on here is spicy. 😢

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
So what's a good ramen that isn't spicy. I'm a wimp, and every single kind of ramen recommended on here is spicy. 😢
Youve had normal ramen.. right? Like a chicken or beef flavor that isnt spicy at all that has been in every gas station/7/11/whatever..

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Just got a couple of Popeyes chicken sandwiches, and I once again have to admit these fuckers are damn good. They probably aren't worth going to the ghetto and getting shot over but if you happen to have a Popeyes that isn't on MLK blvd and 13th street in your town then do yourself a favor and go get one.They also have a spicy one so even supertaser fags like Noodle cant make excuses.

iu

• 3Like
  • 1Quality Calories
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Crone

Youve had normal ramen.. right? Like a chicken or beef flavor that isnt spicy at all that has been in every gas station/7/11/whatever..
Of course. Buy the Nassim or Murachan brand from the grocery store all the time. Was hoping for a better quality that wasn't spicy is all.

lgarthy

<Silver Donator>

Here is the trick-- Nongshim products are tops; but they are all spicy. So, if you want a quality ramen that isn't spicy, buy the Nongshim anyway. The rest is pretty much going to be a salty broth anyway... Just add chicken/beef stock/base plus or minus a tiny bit of soy sauce and/or sesame oil. Then you can throw in whatever you want; baby bok choy, shrooms, carrots, green onion, cilantro, sprouts, a soft boiled egg, ham, bacon, or any meat leftovers. Put in whatever you want... Then you have a rock-star ramen in a couple of minutes. Having a quality noodle is key. Nissan won't cut it. Use the Nong Shim anyway. Don't use the spicy powder packet. But you can use the dried veggies.

Also for a non-spicy change of pace- try the VIFON Pho(s). Not spicy and they're amazing.

1590280580259.png

+
1590281124748.png

+
Whatever you want to throw in =
1590280957916.png

• 1Quality Calories
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
All the spicy ramen talk is because a lot of spicy ramens are just hot with shit flavor. So there is more talk about which is good. Most normal flavored ramen are decent.

lgarthy

<Silver Donator>
Try Vifon Pho! Not spicy. really nice. Not really ramen, though... they're rice noodles. Better for you, less calories and fat and way less of a glycemic index. But hell, this IS the fast food thread. And they are fast!

1590281333652.png

1590281751705.png

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Maruchan also makes a Taste of Asia line. I liked the Tonkotsu and Spicy Ramen. I know they also have like a Sukiyaki flavor and Tom Yum.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
I didn't even know what this was when I first saw it, but I wanted it

unknown.png

Going to go pick a couple up now. One Pound Beef Burger with Spicy Garlic sauce.

• 2Quality Calories
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Yeah that needs more cheese.

Speaking of ramen, all the best ramen joints here are stupid popular and have hour plus long waits. It's worth it, but thanks to COVID they're delivering now. This ramen talk has me thinking I should celebrate this American holiday with some primo home delivered ramen.

Crone

Yeah that needs more cheese.

Speaking of ramen, all the best ramen joints here are stupid popular and have hour plus long waits. It's worth it, but thanks to COVID they're delivering now. This ramen talk has me thinking I should celebrate this American holiday with some primo home delivered ramen.
Sounds amazing. There is a drive thru Noodle place here on the coast of Oregon where I'm staying for work. They have pho and ramen 🍜 so I'll try that this week. Most places here in this town are closed Sunday and Mondays.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That looks pretty legit. Looks like a great frozen patty that was deep fried to a nice crisp.
I though the same thing that is way too perfect to not be formed by a machine. Don’t get me wrong I’d probably eat 10 of them...

• 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 user