<Gold Donor>
9744809f3faf16c466e80bb9e4268bd7.png

gonna try it
boy, that's some exotic looking soy sauce

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
this is when i found out theres no hope saving the white ppl race

Someone completely unaware of how white people work. We look at everything and think, why not both? This mostly leads to horrifying ideas and lots of overeating, but sometimes it's genius. I have to admit that I looked at that bottle and thought exactly the same thing... What if it is now soy sauce?

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
After I graduated high school, my grandmother took me on a trip to Japan and we stayed with the family of the exchange student we'd had for the year. Went to a yakiniku restaurant and after I was done with all the meat, I took my leftover dipping sauce and poured it over my rice. The host parents looked at me like they'd never seen anyone do that before and the dad just muttered "sauce gohan..." But, why wouldn't you? Was tasty.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
After I graduated high school, my grandmother took me on a trip to Japan and we stayed with the family of the exchange student we'd had for the year. Went to a yakiniku restaurant and after I was done with all the meat, I took my leftover dipping sauce and poured it over my rice. The host parents looked at me like they'd never seen anyone do that before and the dad just muttered "sauce gohan..." But, why wouldn't you? Was tasty.
Same dipped my steak flavored Cheetos into the spicy as fuck hot pot in Sichuan for laughs. I got nods of approval.

Also this shit (LaoGanMa)is amazing on anything especially toast and naan brand. Score it at lotte/hmart/any Asian store.
1614439670186.jpeg

Last edited:
  • 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
I just started a new 5-pack of the 2x spicy Samyang noodles. It's the hottest thing I've really found that is actual food and not just some sort of burny chemical. When I finish I'm crying and my nose is running but I just keep coming back for more. I haven't seen the 3x available on amazon and I'm not paying $25 to some jackhole on Ebay but one of these days I'll get my hands on some.
Yeah, those 2x are the ones that I said made my face numb. If you have an H-mart near you they probably have the 3x and a shitload of other Samyang flavors.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Growing up there was only 1 seafood place in town. It was a fast food chain called Skippers. Decent food, but they went out of business in the 80s or 90s at some point. Just googled them, apparent;y a few are still left in WA and OR.

parents use to take me to skippers for all you can eat popcorn shrimp

• 1Quality Calories
Reactions: 1 user

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Same dipped my steak flavored Cheetos into the spicy as fuck hot pot in Sichuan for laughs. I got nods of approval.

Also this shit (LaoGanMa)is amazing on anything especially toast and naan brand. Score it at lotte/hmart/any Asian store.
View attachment 338121
I'm guilty of just eating it from the jar with a spoon.

• 1Like

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
So after searching around for news it appears that Chick-Fil-A is permanently discontinuing fish products and won't have any for Lent this year? Their internal portal had an article up claiming "fryer restraints" where the amount they sold did not justify dedicating one to fish. Chicken is cooked in a different oil than the fries/fish so sacrificing a fryer for something that does less sales and would lower overall cooking volume was nixed by corporate.

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
So after searching around for news it appears that Chick-Fil-A is permanently discontinuing fish products and won't have any for Lent this year? Their internal portal had an article up claiming "fryer restraints" where the amount they sold did not justify dedicating one to fish. Chicken is cooked in a different oil than the fries/fish so sacrificing a fryer for something that does less sales and would lower overall cooking volume was nixed by corporate.
I have never once seen fish at any CFA ive been too in the last ten years.

• 1Solidarity

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>

I'm not taking you out in public when you come to Japan

• 8Worf
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 8 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
yes all food places have separate vats for meats/fish/veg

i imagine the cost is with the upkeep as well, you have strain the vat for all the crud and bits

Sevens

Log Wizard
Can't you eat chicken for Lent? I thought it was beef you couldnt eat.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Can't you eat chicken for Lent? I thought it was beef you couldnt eat.
No. You can't eat meat and you're really not supposed to eat anything rich and fancy, but somewhere along the way some Pope wanted to boost his bro's fishing business so they made fish the dish. So you can eat fish/seafood on fridays but no meat of any kind. It's ironic now that my family eats like fucking shrimp and scallops and shit on Fridays in Lent when we're really supposed to eat like fucking vegetable soup and bread. But growing up my father hated fish that wasn't fried so we rarely ate it otherwise and I love me some fried critters so I loved it.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users