The Fast Food Thread

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
but a patty melt burger, or a patty melt sandwich? also what if there is no cheese?

I mean if you're eating a beef burger patty on normal room temperature bread, with no cheese, it's not called anything, it's just fucken weird. But a burger on slice bread is cooked similar to a grilled cheese with cheese and onions, and it's called a 'patty melt'.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
I mean if you're eating a beef burger patty on normal room temperature bread, with no cheese, it's not called anything, it's just fucken weird. But a burger on slice bread is cooked similar to a grilled cheese with cheese and onions, and it's called a 'patty melt'.

The Japanese do that, but instead of bread, it's rice.

DSC_1106-2048x1152.jpg

and no I don't think that's cheese, it's probably mayonnaise.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
This whole topic is stupid. You're basically explaining sandwiches to Borat.

• 9Worf
Reactions: 8 users

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I've never heard anyone say "fried chicken sandwich" or seen it on a menu. Then again I can't really say I've seen it in many restaurants outside of fast food where they just call it a chicken sandwich. Personally I call it a "costs as much as a burger but isn't as good".

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
the only time i see "fried chicken" is when it's chicken fried steak (and then it's not chicken), b/c it's assumed all chicken is fried...

if you want to be a faggot and get the "healthier" option, then you specify grilled chicken.

• 1Truth!

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Dinner in bizarro world.... Hrm, what do I want.... The lobster hot dog or the ground beef patty sandwich... or maybe a loose meat patty melt.

This discussion has me cracking up.

What is it called when I put two hotdogs on an outdoor roll. Hotdog roll? Hotdog sandwich?

A burger using regular bread just means you're poor. And nothing more humbling in life than a hotdog on the butt end of the bread. Ugh.

Anyhow. Had a Kentucky Fried Chicken fried chicken sandwich. Would prefer it be spicy coating instead of just an unevenly applied spicy sauce, but was pretty good. Still prefer Wendy's spicy chicken sandwich. No Popeye's or Chick-fil-A in my area.

Wish they still had those chicken Mac and cheese bowls. Was a tasty abomination.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
this worth trying? They just brought them out here but Taco Bell is hit or miss in its products

1626922005728.png

• 2Quality Calories
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Turkey is disgusting and only belongs between bread with tons of Mayo. Anything else is just dry, inferior meat. That is also why thanksgiving is the worst holiday.

Have none of you filthy heathens had properly deep fried turkey yet? THAT is the only way to eat it.

• 2Like

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Actually no, I haven’t. Need to try it some day. Maybe that’ll turn things around for Thanksgiving.
Thanksgiving is literally the best day on earth. Between chugging a gallon of eggnog and whiskey and inhaling pumpkin cheesecake, I will destroy me some turkey and gravy. I'm not a huge fan of turkey and don't eat it a lot, but damn if I don't keep the automatic defibrillator powered up on that date.

• 2Like

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Actually no, I haven’t. Need to try it some day. Maybe that’ll turn things around for Thanksgiving.
If you can't get somewhere to get a freshly fried one... then around Thanksgiving/Xmas if you're in a part of the country with Sam's Clubs keep a look there for pre-fried packaged turkey breast. It's seasonal. But it's heat and eat goodness. Tastes good without that terrible "This is dry as F*ing cardboard" you normally associate with Turkey

• 1Like