Vyemm Raider
8/10, low spice level, but grows.

1678916406551.png

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
In Googling for other people that like to dip their Doritos in sour cream, I discovered this British product:

CLEN1096.jpg

• 1Like
  • 1Weird Boner
Reactions: 1 users

iamacynic37

FoH Honkler - HONK HONK MFr
<Banned>
Utz used to make a sour cream and onion dip that fucking RIPPED, so goddamn good. Just an onion dip now..

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Oh shit check this out. Decent prices for foreign / imported exotic Doritos flavors

Fucking GARLIC SHRIMP flavor? Wtf lol

Edit -- bigger selection:

• 1Like

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
hahahahaha

1678927591139.png

Michigan State Cheese Dip is probably not what most of you are thinking of. Being from Arkansas, the birthplace of cheese dip, I get a specific picture in my mind when I hear the words cheese and dip together.

Arkansas cheese dip is almost always served hot. It can be white or yellow, it’s creamy and usually has a small kick of spice to it.

What I have dubbed as Michigan State Cheese Dip is an entirely different, yet equally tasty and addictive beast. While visiting Michigan State University we ate at El Azteco, a local Tex-Mex restaurant, and ordered the cheese dip. The waitress, probably hearing our southern drawl, explained that the cheese dip was a cold cheese dip.

Still, I pictured what I know as cheese dip, served cold. What was delivered to our table was a completely different and amazing dip.

After one bite, I was hooked and proceeded to savor and memorize each additional bite so that I could replicate the recipe once I returned home. I’m not sure if I have nailed it but I am satisfied with my rendition of this Michigan State Cheese Dip. Since I’m not there to taste and compare it’s hard to tell for sure so if you are from Michigan and have a suggestion, please leave a comment.

1 8-ounce container large curd cottage cheese
1 8-ounce container sour cream
Muenster Cheese, shred enough to fill the 8-ounce cottage cheese container
2 green onions, thinly sliced, green parts only
1 small jalapeno, seeded and diced very small
1/8 teaspoon cumin
1/8 teaspoon onion powder
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 tablespoon beef bouillon granules
Salt and Pepper to taste

• 2Worf
  • 1Quality Calories
  • 1WTF

Xevy

Log Wizard
Cottage cheese is good if it's just cottage cheese. It's like celery. Add it to anything and you're just ruining something on both ends.

I'm an 18 year vet of cottage cheese lasagna, so I know.

• 1Worf

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
hahahahaha

View attachment 463696

1 8-ounce container large curd cottage cheese
1 8-ounce container sour cream
Muenster Cheese, shred enough to fill the 8-ounce cottage cheese container
2 green onions, thinly sliced, green parts only
1 small jalapeno, seeded and diced very small
1/8 teaspoon cumin
1/8 teaspoon onion powder
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 tablespoon beef bouillon granules
Salt and Pepper to taste

I forgot to tag Soygen Soygen damnit

• 1Worf

Xevy

Log Wizard
My mother eats pineapple and cottage cheese for breakfast every morning.

Every.

Morning.

• 1Wow!
  • 1WTF
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Xevy

Log Wizard
Apparently they're removing the Queseratio from Taco Bell on 4/19 (lol). I guess it's an online order only item anyways, but I'm sure they'll just McRib it and have it as a limited time promotion.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
hahahahaha

Michigan State Cheese Dip is probably not what most of you are thinking of. Being from Arkansas, the birthplace of cheese dip, I get a specific picture in my mind when I hear the words cheese and dip together.

How is there not a 10-page derail on the very idea that QUESO was *not* born in Arkansas?

Ironically, my wife's parents were in town from Vancouver near the Super Bowl and when I said I was making queso they looked at me very funny. I had to explain that it was melted cheese, diced tomatoes, and diced green chilies at its base. They were hooked on the first bite.

Edit: HOLY FUCK

crazy Arkansas legend shit said:
Cheese dip is considered to be an important part of Arkansas’s food culture. Not only is cheese dip more popular in the Arkansas area than in other parts of the country, but some claim that the original cheese dip was invented either in North Little Rock (Pulaski County) or Hot Springs (Garland County).

According to Nick Rogers, who has researched the history of cheese dip, the dish was invented by Blackie Donnely, the original owner of Mexico Chiquito restaurants. The Mexico Chiquito chain, which now has multiple locations in central Arkansas, was opened by Donnely and his wife in North Little Rock in 1935. Whether or not Donnely’s cheese dip was the first is hard to say, but his restaurant is indeed famous for its secret recipe.

Others claim that cheese dip was actually invented either at a Mexican restaurant in Hot Springs or in Texas. Other experts, such as Mark Abernathy, a Texas native who has established various Mexican restaurants in the Little Rock (Pulaski County) area, say that it should instead be considered an authentic Mexican food. Mexicans have many cheese-based dishes in which cheese acts as a filling or topping for tortillas, such as Queso Chihuahua. However, some food experts claim that these dishes do not count as cheese dips because they do not include meats or vegetables as ingredients.

• 2Worf
  • 2Like

rad

Lord of Guk
How is there not a 10-page derail on the very idea that QUESO was *not* born in Arkansas?

Ironically, my wife's parents were in town from Vancouver near the Super Bowl and when I said I was making queso they looked at me very funny. I had to explain that it was melted cheese, diced tomatoes, and diced green chilies at its base. They were hooked on the first bite.

Hahaha... I was thinking the same thing when I read that originally. Queso born in Arkansas? What in the horseshit?

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>

It was invented in Texas at a minimum more than a decade before, but probably a lot earlier than that.

• 3Like

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
It was invented in Texas at a minimum more than a decade before, but probably a lot earlier than that.

It's like Texas shared some common area, like a border, with a group of people who were already doing something quite similar.

• 2Like
  • 1Truth!