The Fast Food Thread

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Being in Africa gives you a weird perspective on 3$. These tiger prawns bathed in butter cost me about 3$, they were the daily chefs choice. I think I’d flip my shit if I spent 3$ and someone handed me a McDonald’s hash brown right now.

That said, I’d never be stupid enough to say it wouldn’t be a tasty hash brown.

1699642711623.jpeg

• 4Quality Calories
  • 2Barf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 7 users

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Hash browns are so easy to make at home tho, out of all the items at McDonalds it's by far the easiest to recreate at home with decent quality. No deep fryer needed even, I just pan fry them in a copious amount of butter. $3.29 for a 10 pack of frozen hash browns patties at Meijer vs. $2.99 for a single patty at McDonald's. Has to be one of the biggest markups on the menu.

Fucker

Log Wizard
The Man Himself finally coming to terms with it:
Quality is completely gone and the muh livable wage idiots are lazier and stupider than ever and that's on top of absurd prices.

It's not just fast food. Supermarket prices are downright alarming in many cases. 1lb of deli roast beef went up $10 in one year. I bought chuck roast $30. Butcher shop stopped selling them because they had to charge a lot for them and people were not buying. Fucking chuck roast. I noticed deli wraps were $10. Wraps at the cafe down the street went from $7.99 to $14.99 in one year.

$17 little bag of candy for Halloween. Fuck that. Easily $50+ just to have one moderately sized bowl for the kiddos. That, and the candy tastes like wax shit.

All this is because the illusion of choice. Few companies control nearly all the means of food production, and who sits on those boards and owns controlling stock at all of these companies? 2 companies. There is no real competition out there for anything, and that's why we are getting fucked harder and harder every single week.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Quality is completely gone and the muh livable wage idiots are lazier and stupider than ever and that's on top of absurd prices.

It's not just fast food. Supermarket prices are downright alarming in many cases. 1lb of deli roast beef went up $10 in one year. I bought chuck roast $30. Butcher shop stopped selling them because they had to charge a lot for them and people were not buying. Fucking chuck roast. I noticed deli wraps were $10. Wraps at the cafe down the street went from $7.99 to $14.99 in one year.

$17 little bag of candy for Halloween. Fuck that. Easily $50+ just to have one moderately sized bowl for the kiddos. That, and the candy tastes like wax shit.

All this is because the illusion of choice. Few companies control nearly all the means of food production, and who sits on those boards and owns controlling stock at all of these companies? 2 companies. There is no real competition out there for anything, and that's why we are getting fucked harder and harder every single week.
Yeah, I can spend 200 bucks at the grocery and I feel like I didn't buy shit. You can't really blame fast food companies for their prices going up when everything is also going up. I am lucky to get some 80/20 ground beef below 4 bucks a lb. nowadays. I used to routinely get it for half that consistently not even 4 years ago.

Edit: Don't forget the living wage 15 dollar an hour thing that doubled wages at all these places.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Fucker

Log Wizard
Yeah, I can spend 200 bucks at the grocery and I feel like I didn't buy shit. You can't really blame fast food companies for their prices going up when everything is also going up. I am lucky to get some 80/20 ground beef below 4 bucks a lb. nowadays. I used to routinely get it for half that consistently not even 4 years ago.

Edit: Don't forget the living wage 15 dollar an hour thing that doubled wages at all these places.
Cali is going to $20 an hour for fast food. And then they wonder why they still can't afford anything. When you raise the pay of the least valuable worker, you have to raise the pay for everyone. All that increase in cost results in lower quality food at higher prices. I got a bacon burger last week. McDonald's. It had one little slice of bacon, sliver thin.

The worst part of all this is that they aren't done making food shittier and more expensive.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Cali is going to $20 an hour for fast food. And then they wonder why they still can't afford anything. When you raise the pay of the least valuable worker, you have to raise the pay for everyone. All that increase in cost results in lower quality food at higher prices. I got a bacon burger last week. McDonald's. It had one little slice of bacon, sliver thin.

The worst part of all this is that they aren't done making food shittier and more expensive.
Last time I ate in California, they tacked a mandatory 30% tip onto the bill. I really didn’t give a fuck cause I wasn’t paying, but even my inner cringe meter was maxed the fuck out when the guy paying was too drunk to notice and tacked on another 25% tip on top of things.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>

This is 2023, infrastructure exists for you to get your beef from closer to the source. You're paying supermarket premium.

• 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 user

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Last time I ate in California, they tacked a mandatory 30% tip onto the bill. I really didn’t give a fuck cause I wasn’t paying, but even my inner cringe meter was maxed the fuck out when the guy paying was too drunk to notice and tacked on another 25% tip on top of things.
I'll admit tho that California sounds like a whole other level of retardation if people are throwing around money to the point that they're ignorantly tipping 25% on top of a mandatory gratuity. I've got some friends that are stupid with their money here in Michigan but no one that stupid.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
This is 2023, infrastructure exists for you to get your beef from closer to the source. You're paying supermarket premium.
This is true. There's more cattle ranches doing direct marketing than ever before. Some of them have hundreds of Instagram pictures on their website and ship little boxes of beef with dry ice for outrageous prices but there are also people that are selling whole, half, or quarter cows at reasonable prices. The government rained money on Mom and Pop butcher shops during covid and there are more of them than ever now too.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>

You guys are not shopping sales. Yeah, bags of candy are expensive....that's why you don't buy them when they're $17. Theyre that price to make money off you so they can counteract the fact that they need to make Christmas candy pennies on the dollar on Dec 26th.

Our store had the king size packs of Reese's/KitKat/Hershey's for 84 cents for a few weeks in Sept. 5 bars/cups in each pack. We bought enough to cover all our Halloween needs.

Just because a store sells it for X dollars doesn't mean anyone's buying it. Wait till next week, it will be on sale. Shop another store, it will be on sale. My only vice these days is cherry Pepsi in bottles. Regular price is $7 for a 6pack. I never pay that though....I buy them when they're $3 and buy enough to last until they go on sale again.

• 1Like

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
This is true. There's more cattle ranches doing direct marketing than ever before. Some of them have hundreds of Instagram pictures on their website and ship little boxes of beef with dry ice for outrageous prices but there are also people that are selling whole, half, or quarter cows at reasonable prices. The government rained money on Mom and Pop butcher shops during covid and there are more of them than ever now too.

There was a butcher shop near me in Saginaw that was selling RIBEYE for $6.99 a pound. I never bought ground beef from them but pretty sure it was under $3 a pound. The ribeye was quality stuff so I assume the ground beef was too.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
There was a butcher shop near me in Saginaw that was selling RIBEYE for $6.99 a pound. I never bought ground beef from them but pretty sure it was under $3 a pound. The ribeye was quality stuff so I assume the ground beef was too.
Yeah I bought direct from the ranch here in Texas. From this place. I bought a quarter cow this time as I had never done it before but I will be buying half next time. Lots of variety in cuts and great value.

Its really easy to do. This ranch is like 50 miles from my house. Yes mileage may vary if you don't live in cattle country and the buy in is more than regular people would be willing to buy. But if you can I highly recommend it rather than getting fleeced at the store these days.

• 1Like

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Its really easy to do. This ranch is like 50 miles from my house. Yes mileage may vary if you don't live in cattle country and the buy in is more than regular people would be willing to buy. But if you can I highly recommend it rather than getting fleeced at the store these days.
You can get good quality beef like this if you like a variety of cuts, know how to handle all the cuts and what not. Certainly worth it if they have good quality cows and you can drop the money on and manage that much meat at once.

That said, you're not getting fleeced at the store if you know what a good steak and price for it looks like. Sometimes you can straight up be the one fleecing them. I've seen choice cuts marbled better than prime. While the grading system gets it right most of the time, its not completely foolproof once the room temp monkeys in the store start slicing it up.

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Yeah I bought direct from the ranch here in Texas. From this place. I bought a quarter cow this time as I had never done it before but I will be buying half next time. Lots of variety in cuts and great value.

The way they list their half cow seems confusing. The prices are saying 9.25lb hanging weight when that appears to be package/final weight. Usually a hanging weight would be basically dressed weight before getting in and cutting it all up for the final product. Can do better hunting around but they half to be rolling up cost of free shipping in texas etc etc. As long as you aint getting 50% ground beef I'd be happy enough.

For example my half cow, paid butcher direct after paying neighbor for the half. 1,160 lb cow, per butcher sheet my half was 580lb live weight, dressed 376.5 and final package weight was 247lbs after 34% loss cutting. I paid him 2/lb live weight, so in the end I was at $6.3/lb in my freezer.

Sludig

Dog shit carls man. already shitty coupons I only go for breakfast sometimes.

get hit with ad for new guac burger and can get a free one with app sign up or their pretzel shake free with a purchase.

app doesn't work for shit trying to sign up then when I do, freebie no where to be found just the standard free with purchase basic bitch options for sign up. Not under deals, doesn't become free in cart, and nothing in the welcome email.

waste of 10 fucking minutes

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Yeah, our local beef places are more expensive than the grocery store. I looked into buying like a 1/8th and 1/4 cow and the prices were going to cost me more than me just buying from our local store.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Sludig

Dog shit carls man. already shitty coupons I only go for breakfast sometimes.

get hit with ad for new guac burger and can get a free one with app sign up or their pretzel shake free with a purchase.

app doesn't work for shit trying to sign up then when I do, freebie no where to be found just the standard free with purchase basic bitch options for sign up. Not under deals, doesn't become free in cart, and nothing in the welcome email.

waste of 10 fucking minutes
Finally get it to work, pickup and go home. right order right stuff. (got wife a burger and fries) By my guac was their Diablo or whatever burger drowned in spicy sauce, which sorry I don't care for Hella spicy burgers