The Fast Food Thread

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Sunflower seeds are the best snack that keeps you busy. If you're getting any shells in your hand you are eating them wrong. I'm a fan of black pepper personally. Only caution is that eating them continuously in the car for 4+ hours will leave your mouth dry and raw but hey, you're a real man right?

Also, having grown up in chewing tobacco country, cherry flavored skoal is the opposite of manly. Shit is for children.
My dad always dipped fine cut Copenhagen and said spitting was for little boys.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 2 users

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Japans fast food quality is usually picture perfect which is part of why I'm so disappointed.

I know Japan is pretty homogeneous and has better general work ethic, so curious if Japan also has those parts of town or certain establishments that are subpar based seemingly on the demographics of the workers like in America.

For instance, usually the good Taco Bell is in the whiter neighboring town with the whiter staff that is often the older 'teenagers at their first job' model. The one with hispanic workers in the hispanic part of town is shit. The one with hispanic workers in the poor white part of town is shit. Normal, expected patern for fast food quality being predicted based on socioeconomic factors.

But strangely I found an anomaly I feel compelled to report. There's a Taco Bell that, again, is all hispanic workers of no noticeable difference to the other locations, but it's sorta near the hospital and I guess closer to some of the nicer outlying suburbs, and maybe that's why it's actually consistently good? It's like, demographically it shouldn't be good, but it is. Maybe a turning out for fast food outcomes, or probably just a freak occurance.

I guess I'm old fashioned and long to live in a world where all the Taco Bells are of course staffed with all hispanic workers, I guess, becasue that's increasingly the sadly ironic norm, but where all of them are good no matter the part of town or the demographics of the workers trying to learn that burritos shouldn't be square and flat. I know, I know, it's probably just a white nationalist dream we return to the oppression of the 1950s, but good Taco Bell (even expensive and with as fucked as the menu has gotten) is still hard to beat.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
I know Japan is pretty homogeneous and has better general work ethic, so curious if Japan also has those parts of town or certain establishments that are subpar based seemingly on the demographics of the workers like in America.

For instance, usually the good Taco Bell is in the whiter neighboring town with the whiter staff that is often the older 'teenagers at their first job' model. The one with hispanic workers in the hispanic part of town is shit. The one with hispanic workers in the poor white part of town is shit. Normal, expected patern for fast food quality being predicted based on socioeconomic factors.

But strangely I found an anomaly I feel compelled to report. There's a Taco Bell that, again, is all hispanic workers of no noticeable difference to the other locations, but it's sorta near the hospital and I guess closer to some of the nicer outlying suburbs, and maybe that's why it's actually consistently good? It's like, demographically it shouldn't be good, but it is. Maybe a turning out for fast food outcomes, or probably just a freak occurance.

I guess I'm old fashioned and long to live in a world where all the Taco Bells are of course staffed with all hispanic workers, I guess, becasue that's increasingly the sadly ironic norm, but where all of them are good no matter the part of town or the demographics of the workers trying to learn that burritos shouldn't be square and flat. I know, I know, it's probably just a white nationalist dream we return to the oppression of the 1950s, but good Taco Bell (even expensive and with as fucked as the menu has gotten) is still hard to beat.
I remember coco curry house in Tokyo being staffed with immigrants, Philippino girl. But even the shitty Japanese version of dennys was generally staffed with some old jap. And you always knew exactly what you’d get there. Cheap and reliable rice bowl breakfasts. Small bowl I liked was like 4$ for a sit down meal when I went. Usually added the egg for a little more.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>

Like 99.8% of people here are Japanese. The service is the same wherever you go. Unless you go to a 7-11 owned by Indians. Then you will get a smelly cashier.

• 1Like

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
IMG_6132.jpeg

• 4Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 5 users

Xevy

Log Wizard
Think they're $2 here still. Maybe $2.39.

I looked up the old McDonald's prices for 35 cent cheeseburgers and shit and even with inflation we're still way ahead. A regular cheeseburger in today's dollars is like $2.40. It does feel bad seeing a dollar item be twice it's price in 10 years though. Feels Boomer man.

• 1Solidarity

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I went to Taco John's the other night and they had a special where you buy one super burrito and get one for $1. I ordered 2 burritos, 2 tacos, and a large coke. $18.50. I got the receipt and start to tell the guy that he must have charged me full price for both of the burritos but no. I looked closer and it was...

1 burrito.....$6.75
1 burrito.....$1
1 taco.........$3.50
1 taco.........$3.50
large drink..$3.75
TOTAL: $18.50

Without the "deal" on the burritos it would have been $24.25. Now you can say that is enough food for 2 people, but even so it's overpriced for what fast food tacos used to be. The idea that 6 tacos is now $21 is just mind blowing to me and I don't understand how they can keep shoveling this shit at those prices.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
I went to Taco John's the other night and they had a special where you buy one super burrito and get one for $1. I ordered 2 burritos, 2 tacos, and a large coke. $18.50. I got the receipt and start to tell the guy that he must have charged me full price for both of the burritos but no. I looked closer and it was...

1 burrito.....$6.75
1 burrito.....$1
1 taco.........$3.50
1 taco.........$3.50
large drink..$3.75
TOTAL: $18.50

Without the "deal" on the burritos it would have been $24.25. Now you can say that is enough food for 2 people, but even so it's overpriced for what fast food tacos used to be. The idea that 6 tacos is now $21 is just mind blowing to me and I don't understand how they can keep shoveling this shit at those prices.

I don't understand how tacos are so expensive. They have to cost a pittance in materials. Even at Taco Bell here a Cheesy Beefy Burrito is the same price as single Taco supreme.

I sure as hell know which one is going to fill me up more.

• 1Like

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
All restaurant are bleeding money and afaik its nearly all the cost of labor.

The tacos didnt get more expensive, its just we're all paying for them with half dollars now.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
I don't understand how tacos are so expensive. They have to cost a pittance in materials. Even at Taco Bell here a Cheesy Beefy Burrito is the same price as single Taco supreme.

I sure as hell know which one is going to fill me up more.
Tacquieras are usually cheap still. Frequently get four tacos for like 6-7$ at the local one. Makes for a nice quick breakfast.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Taquerias and taco trucks are definitely things I miss from living down south. Here we have Taco John's and one sit-down Mexican restaurant as the only options for Mexican food. There is one guy with a truck but he seems to operate it 1 day a week or less and not usually when I'm in town.

• 1Like