The Fast Food Thread

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
I ain't paying $3.69 for a double decker.
The price is literally fucking retarded.

There is no possible way a regular crunchy taco wrapped with a thin layer of refried beans and a flour tortilla is worth $2.99. The only way I'd do it is if it was $.99 or possibly $1.29.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Everyone always tells me how lucky I am to have Taco John's instead of Taco Bell here but at Taco John's the crunchy taco itself is $2.99.

• 1WTF

Harshaw

Throbbing Member

There is no possible way a regular crunchy taco wrapped with a thin layer of refried beans and a flour tortilla is worth $2.99. The only way I'd do it is if it was $.99 or possibly $1.29.
If you are paying $.99-$1.29 for a normal taco, I'd wonder wtf is in it nowadays. Soft and hard shell tacos are $1.99 for me at Taco Bell. They upcharge a dollar just to upgrade to supreme. The app shows me that the double deckers are $3.19 and $3.89 for the supreme. The mark up on going from a basic taco is pretty crazy. However, it's not just Taco Bell that has ridiculous prices. The local place I go to sells their basic tacos for $3.50 a piece now. Their burritos, which used to be pretty big and a good value, have shrunk and increased in price from $6.50 to $9.50 over the last few years. I used to eat out a lot more than I do nowadays. Even with McD's jacking their prices, they are still one of the cheapest options. That is only if you use app deals and eat like the bundles though.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
The cruise ship I am on replaced Johnny Rockets with El Loco Fresh and put it next to the main pool. Unlimited tacos, nachos, burritos and quesadillas. The only place busier on the boat is the soft serve ice cream machine.

• 1Like
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 1 users

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
The cruise ship I am on replaced Johnny Rockets with El Loco Fresh and put it next to the main pool. Unlimited tacos, nachos, burritos and quesadillas. The only place busier on the boat is the soft serve ice cream machine.

I do miss those Johnny Rockets milkshakes, though. But goddamn, I will abuse the fuck out of those 24/7 soft serve machines.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm

I think that's a bridge too far, I'd be willing to settle for $2, assuming you don't get a store where they really skimp and it's an undetectable smear of bean.

Sludig

Everyone always tells me how lucky I am to have Taco John's instead of Taco Bell here but at Taco John's the crunchy taco itself is $2.99.
Del taco is the one to have, still expensive but have a much better menu of mixed items including decent basic burgers, good fish taco's, etc.

Taco Johns I dont know why anyone would pimp, always seemed very boring mediocre, with the one gigantic saving grace.... the potato oles aka breakfast hash rounds w/ mexican seasoning. I'd eat a pound at least a day of those when I worked there in school for a year.

• 1Quality Calories

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Taco Time is pretty good if you're actually wanting fresh and flavorful Mexican fast food. Yes. Yes it's way overpriced for mostly beans and rice and shit like everywhere else. Sadly a lot of people say they don't like it, but mistake it for Taco Johns that is dog shit in my area.

• 1Quality Calories

Araxen

I paid the $3.29 for a double decker. It was good, but I doubt I buy them again at that price.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Del taco is the one to have, still expensive but have a much better menu of mixed items including decent basic burgers, good fish taco's, etc.

Taco Johns I dont know why anyone would pimp, always seemed very boring mediocre, with the one gigantic saving grace.... the potato oles aka breakfast hash rounds w/ mexican seasoning. I'd eat a pound at least a day of those when I worked there in school for a year.

The potato ole's are good for sure. The rest of it is okay but the prices are just out of hand. You used to be able to go there and have several options that were all under $2 and you could get a bag full of stuff for $8-10. Now it's double that.

I have been to Del Taco and it's pretty good. Best thing about it is being able to get a decent fish taco all the time. TJ's has fish tacos as a special item once or twice a year and I always try to snag some even though they're fucking $3.79 each or some shit now. The local sit-down Mexican place is pretty good but their fish tacos are terrible for some reason.

• 1Like

Sludig

Taco Time is pretty good if you're actually wanting fresh and flavorful Mexican fast food. Yes. Yes it's way overpriced for mostly beans and rice and shit like everywhere else. Sadly a lot of people say they don't like it, but mistake it for Taco Johns that is dog shit in my area.
I forgot one, not sure how big a chain, but Catrina Fresh Mex out here makes some pretty good big burritos for not too insane a price and they actually do some exotic stuff like tripe etc. Decent stand in since chipotle died for me years ago.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
One thing I can say positive about the double deckers I had yesterday is that those were the best constructed tacos I've had from Taco Bell in years. Normally if you get a regular taco it barely has anything in it, to where the top third of the shell is touching because there is nothing to keep it apart. And a soft taco, for some reason, they have been rolling up so they look like taquitos in the bag.

I should have taken a picture of these. The tacos were full of meat, cheese, and lettuce, and it almost looked like the goddamn menu pics. The double decker wrap part was fine too, but it was almost worth it just for the fucking perfect tacos.

I'm probably weird because I fucking love the red sauce from TB, but I get some on the side and then drizzle it in the double decker part for extra goodness.

Definitely not worth the cost, but I had to get them at least once.

• 1Mother of God
  • 1Quality Calories

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
I forgot one, not sure how big a chain, but Catrina Fresh Mex out here makes some pretty good big burritos for not too insane a price and they actually do some exotic stuff like tripe etc. Decent stand in since chipotle died for me years ago.

The quasi fast food mini chain Mexican places are where it's at. Remind me of the mom and Pop burger stands before most got put out of business by fast food chains. I guess Mexican is cheap enough to produce they can still compete.

In Spokane there is a place like that called Senior Froggy's that isn't fancy, but what they do is pretty good with a full salsa/sauce/topping bar. Places like that are how fast food is supposed to be before it all became processed frozen corporate food goods.

• 1Like

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The quasi fast food mini chain Mexican places are where it's at. Remind me of the mom and Pop burger stands before most got put out of business by fast food chains. I guess Mexican is cheap enough to produce they can still compete.

In Spokane there is a place like that called Senior Froggy's that isn't fancy, but what they do is pretty good with a full salsa/sauce/topping bar. Places like that are how fast food is supposed to be before it all became processed frozen corporate food goods.
Are you near Seattle? Theres a place with a $16 crunch wrap lol

• 1WTF

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
nsfw-sex-memes-11.png

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Are you near Seattle? Theres a place with a $16 crunch wrap lol

Wtf. How do people eat a $16 crunch wrap like a this is fine meme. Thankfully I'm nowhere near Seattle. Used to visit family there as a kid. Haven't been since before COVID in 2019. It's a beautiful area and formerly awesome city being completely ruined.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Wtf. How do people eat a $16 crunch wrap like a this is fine meme. Thankfully I'm nowhere near Seattle. Used to visit family there as a kid. Haven't been since before COVID in 2019. It's a beautiful area and formerly awesome city being completely ruined.
Next you will be shocked people pay $10 for a cup of coffee.