The Fast Food Thread

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Finally found some of that Mrs. Renfro's Ghost Pepper Salsa on sale at a local market. Pretty fucking good.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
If it doesn't empty the entirety of my sinus cavities it's not hot enough.

joz123

Potato del Grande
There's a restaurant out here called Rhythm Kitchen and at their take-out side they sell containers of ghost pepper powder for 5 bucks that is pretty hot. Just smelling it for the first time made me sneeze like 10 times in a row.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Caramel is generally not for eating on it's own. Good chocolate is great on it's own, but most caramel needs a sidekick. Caramel and chocolate is fucktastic. Caramel and ice cream is fucktastic. Caramel and salt on almost anything is fucktastic.

Lurkdirk has lost any tenuous illusion value he may have had to this thread.

Sir Funk

Lord Nagafen Raider
I just got back from a trip to Canada and picked up a bag of these things:

998574.jpg

WOAH! Definitely the best chip I've ever had, can't believe they haven't made it to the States. Would be a great vessel for shoveling Top the Tater into your mouth.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
So, this chain just opened it's first location in my city

Bonchon Korean Chicken

Good food, but RIDICULOUS prices. The wings were solid, but paying $12 for 5 wings(drums) is crazy. I thought that maybe based on the price they would be HUGE, like almost the size of chicken legs or something, but nope. Maybe a little larger than a standard wing you'd get a BWW or Wingstop, but nothing that makes them worth over $2 apiece. Paid $19 for a meal (5 wings($12), fries($4), coke($2.50)) and I felt like I just had a light snack.

Rigoddamndiculous.

Those types of prices might fly in a place like NY or San Fran, but it's not going to last long here in the midwest. Not when I can get awesome wings at 5 other places within a mile for less than a buck per wing.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Yeah we have one here, a few actually. I love their wings, price seems about normal for here. I put them at the best wings I'd ever had when I first got them, but I'm not a wing connoisseur or whatever. I do find them to be hands down better than both wingstop and buffalo wild wings.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
How the fuck does Kansas City keep getting fast food others can't get, google fiber and great BBQ. Fucking Kansas City.

Well after checking locations they seem to be in a lot of places. Not Arizona. Fucking Arizona.

Gravy

Bronze Squire
$12 for 5 wings wouldn't fly here in St. Louis. Damn near every restaurant has them. One of the best places to go you get a pitcher of beer and 25 wings for $25.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Ate at Arby's for the first time in about 10 years, it was either that or Applebee's. That was the only 2 things the town I flew out of today had that was open.

I got a french dip sub 2 for $6. It was edible. They had an Italian advertised a lot, but some of the ingredients didn't look too appealing to me but I'm a pickey eater.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Finally found some of that Mrs. Renfro's Ghost Pepper Salsa on sale at a local market. Pretty fucking good.
Shaw's sells it. If it's not in with the Taco/mexican stuff go to the Wild Harvest chip section and it's there.

Source: I worked at Shaws for 13 years.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, I know they sell it for ~4 dollars. Some local discount store (Job Lot) had it on sale for 2 dollars.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
It was too hot for me. It seemed absent of flavor and then it set my tongue ablaze. I had to pour out the back half of the jar because I couldn't handle it.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Ate at Arby's for the first time in about 10 years, it was either that or Applebee's. That was the only 2 things the town I flew out of today had that was open.

I got a french dip sub 2 for $6. It was edible. They had an Italian advertised a lot, but some of the ingredients didn't look too appealing to me but I'm a pickey eater.
I'd eat at Arby's instead of Applebees every day of the week unless I'm just dying to have a beer with dinner. Applebees is just plain terrible and I'm not even a super taster.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Eh, Applebee's is pretty average. I think it's pretty extreme to say it is terrible, there's bound to be something there that you think is at least decently good.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I am a supertaster and Applebees is bad. I don't even know how they stay in business, whenever I go it's empty.