The Fast Food Thread

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
I am a supertaster and Applebees is bad. I don't even know how they stay in business, whenever I go it's empty.
See, I've had the same experience with Applebees. Makes me think it's a national money laundering scheme. Food is bad, beers on tap are bad, service is never great, never full.

Other than those things, it's awesome.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Also the waitresses at our local applebees are frumpy and disgusting looking.
I've never seen a lot of overly attractive waitresses at a big chain restaurant (Applebees, Chilis, Fridays, etc) unless they are in a big college town. If you're in a huge college town, EVERYWHERE has attractive waitresses. He'll you'd get hot chicks making your sub at Subway. I miss college sometimes...

Fifey

Trakanon Raider
How the fuck does Kansas City keep getting fast food others can't get, google fiber and great BBQ. Fucking Kansas City.

Well after checking locations they seem to be in a lot of places. Not Arizona. Fucking Arizona.
Arizona at least has whataburger , that makes up for the lack of test market items.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I'd eat at Arby's instead of Applebees every day of the week unless I'm just dying to have a beer with dinner. Applebees is just plain terrible and I'm not even a super taster.
I'm not sure the Applebees there serves alcohol since it's a "dry" or semi dry county I flew out of. Not sure really.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Applebee's used to be decent like 10ish years ago. You'd get some good chicken fingers or salad or something for like $9. I've eaten there 1-2 times since. It's basically like Chili's little brother who wants to be Chili's, but never will be. Not even close.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
They have decent boneless wings if that is your thing. The burgers are pretty average, not bad but nothing to go crazy over. Now that I think about it I really only like their apps.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I've gotten a bunch of what I now assume to be regifted Applebees gift cards (since everyone seems to hate the place) from people I know, and used them on 5.99 dollar burger night on Mondays and not been disappointed. Could be location specific.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
First time my family ate at Applebees, we all got the wrong food at first, then my salad had 2 bugs in it and my brother's dish had a shard of metal in it. They didn't fully comp either of the fucked up dishes, much less anything else. Have refused to ever eat there since.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
First time my family ate at Applebees, we all got the wrong food at first, then my salad had 2 bugs in it and my brother's dish had a shard of metal in it. They didn't fully comp either of the fucked up dishes, much less anything else. Have refused to ever eat there since.
WTF a shard of METAL and bugs?!

joz123

Potato del Grande
Speaking of weird stuff being in your food. I bit into a big toothpick one day when I got chicken tacos at Roberto's since they use toothpicks to deep fry their shells. Also at Rubio's I got a chicken burrito and there was a bone from the chicken in it. Guess I just have bad luck with chicken dishes.

Borzak

After the week I had last week and today too I'm going to find the finest restaurant in the SA area and go eat there. If nothing else I'll drive to Lockhart and get some BBQ.

Profundis

Silver Knight of the Realm
Worst thing I ever got in my food was a big fucking chunk of onion in my Oreo Blizzard from DQ. That was...unpleasant.

My sister says a friend of hers got a chicken sandwich from Jack in the Box that had a tumor in it that ruptured when she bit into it, but that seems a bit too specific and outlandish. Either way, it makes for a good story.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I've gotten a bunch of what I now assume to be regifted Applebees gift cards (since everyone seems to hate the place) from people I know, and used them on 5.99 dollar burger night on Mondays and not been disappointed. Could be location specific.
sell your regifted cards at gyft.com, i think you 90% back

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
A guy I work with told me his dad opened a can of sausage (a horrible thought all by itself) and there was a fully intact pig's ear encased in the cylinder of pork.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
The quesadilla burger at Applebees is pretty legit guys.

As for fucked up shit in food... I got nothing. I eat at home a lot. I find a lot of hairs in my food...

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Speaking of chains that have gone to shit, has anyone ate at Friday's recently? It used to be my favorite chain restaurant to eat at but they last two times I ate there it was bland as fuck. I'm not sure what the fuck is going on and I have no idea how you can make a burger taste like absolutely nothing. It literally tasted liked bread, no cheese taste, no meat taste, no lettuce taste, etc. Just fucking bread.

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
I worked at Applebee's and there are plenty of good dishes. I don't go because I loathe tipping, especially since prices have gone up since I worked there

Arby's French Dip is surprisingly good. It seems so basic, so simple, but it works.

Fridays, to me, has always sucked and it's a shame since their color scheme and decor is so appealing and fun

Hardee's has gone down. Their prices have gone up; and their once best chain burgers are now super fake, and often times the orders are incorrect. I thought they at least get breakfast right but the fucked up my chicken biscuit twice, their last two chances.

Borzak

Definetly not fast food, but having a "brunch" of biscuits and eggs. Picked up some muscadine jelly my grandmother made last week. Love it.

The French dip I got wa OK. I really don't know where the Arby's is around here but I assume we have one. I used to eat at them a lot in college. 5 roast beefs for $5 or 5 beef and chedder or whatever they were called for $5. I'm guessing they have gone up now.