The Fast Food Thread

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
kfc.jpg

45 minutes. $12. All the KFC you can eat.

I'm in.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
They finally realized that was the only reason to go to McDonald's.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This is good stuff if you want to whip up some quick sorta-gyros. Flatbread, meat, whatever veggies you like(lettuce and onions, obviously). I haven't tried Sabra's actual Tzatziki yet, but this is good stuff.

original.jpg

Corndog

Lord Nagafen Raider
How is a dude named "Corndog" not a regular poster in this thread?
Mostly cause I'm too frugal to try a lot of things. In general as the price of fast food goes up. I enjoy it less. I can't turn the switch off. All i can think about is that didn't taste $6 for that burger/sandwich good. Also I'm too cheap to enjoy things the way I want. For instance. I like tartar sauce with mcchicken nuggets. Except you can't choose that as your sauce. It costs 30 cents extra per small cup of it. So I'll literally pack it with me for lunch to deny them the insane profit margin on it.

Also if I want a big mac. Just order a double cheese burger, hold the pickles which are bad anyways. Add Mac sauce. It's less than half the price and you miss out on 1 bun in the center and lettuce you end up scraping off anyways.

The other day I wanted some Baja Blast soda. So I hit up taco bell. I order the 3 taco supreme meal minus their crappy tomatoes. It was like $7.50 for 3 tacos and a soda, and that wasn't with me "upgrading" so It was like a medium drink. On top of it all. I asked for no ice. I get to the drive through window and they say that was diet pepsi right? I say no, it was baja blast. As I drive away the ice in the cup rattles... I realize I live in a high cost of living area. But $7.50 for retard level service on poor quality ingredient food is just a maximum rustler for me. For $11 I can show up at a sit down Mexican restaurant and get it to go and get better quality and more food. I'd do it all the time... except for that whole having to get out of the car thing.

Gravy

Bronze Squire
I'm of the opinion that tacos should be Taco Bell's cheapest menu item. Apparently they don't share my vision.

Corndog

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm of the opinion that tacos should be Taco Bell's cheapest menu item. Apparently they don't share my vision.
It should be cheaper no doubt. Jack in the box tacos are 2 for $1 and are decent. And tacos are not their specialty... In general I've just been watching the price go up for 19 cents per item like every 4-6 months on the items I buy. I'm sure it doesn't even phase most people. But I eat fast food probably 4 times a week for lunch and it's easily noticeable when your normal total goes up.

When power was out on Sunday night, we went to burger king cause it was close and had power. I think between the fiancee and I we spent $9 or so to eat. The people in front of us, had 4 people in the car but spent $43. I realize that it's not that expensive but at the same time, that's nearly $50 at burger king... just to eat 1 meal, that will be bad.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I've been eating way too much fast food. I've gained 5 lbs this month. I'm such a slob.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I don't know how you can spend $9 on two people at BK unless you're some sort of weird pygmy mutant from Act III in Diablo 2.

I spend around $12 and usually get a double whopper meal (LARGE), and either a chicken fry, two nugget things, or two double cheeseburgers in addition to the meal.

If I'm going to BK I'm eating like a king, goddamnit. Not getting small diet sodas, small fries, and splitting a kids meal with my wife.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
The most I've ever spent on myself at Burger King was around $20. This was back when you could do King Size (I.e., super size) for an extra charge. I think I got two King size meals and assorted desserts.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah, I'm pretty sure 2 kids meals comes out to around $9 at bk. I guess we have different expectations, what do you expect out of a burger for $6 that is made and prepared by other people?, I'm expecting pretty much exactly what you get from a crappy fast food burger. Making agoodburger at home will run near $6 in ingredients alone so if I'm paying $6 for a burger made by someone else I'm expecting crap.

Corndog

Lord Nagafen Raider
We bought a rodeo burger, medium fries, medium onion rings, and a fish sandwich. Sodas were consumed from home. I don't expect that much for $6. But a Big Mac here is $5.49 before tax. 10-12 years ago. They were $2. They are now smaller and shittier than back then. Almost 3x the price for less food that is worse.

For a $6 burger, I can go to somewhere in between mcdonalds and a sit down restaurant and get better food. Basically crappy fast food is getting away with much higher prices compared to others. Basically I can either A. Go pay a retard to put together a burger and mess it up and have it taste bad. Or B, I can go to a local burger place that wins awards etc and for the same price get a much better quality.Nick's Jr. Burgers - Welcome to Burger Country

Here is the difference. 10 Years ago a big mac was $2, now it's $5.49. 10 years ago a burger from nick jr was $5. Now it's $5-6.49. The quality at the local place remains high, mcdonalds got worse.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I got another Buttermilk chicken sammich from the McDonalds near me to see if the first one being a good was a fluke or not since some here didn't have a good experience. Shit was still good.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
My father in law gave me some Al Fresco or some fuck Buffalo Chicken Sausage Patties the other day, he was really excited about trying them.

Disgusting.

-3/10, do not recommend.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I love buffalo sauce but most menu items that incorporate it are awful at it. It's such a bummer.

Xevy

Log Wizard
I got another Buttermilk chicken sammich from the McDonalds near me to see if the first one being a good was a fluke or not since some here didn't have a good experience. Shit was still good.
I got one the other day. It's basically a chicken version of a decent pork tenderloin sandwich. I approve. 7.5/10.

The other day I got two chicken sandwiches, large fries, and the biggest chicken fries they had at BK and I think that was somewhere around the 20 dollar mark.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Speaking of food and prices, I went to this fancy shmancy restaurant in Washington D.C. (seasonal small plates | Lincoln Restaurantdon't even get me started on the small plates bullshit) recently that was serving deviled eggs for 4 dollars. I thought you'd get like 6 or 8 eggs for that price, but no. You get ONE EGG. FOUR DOLLARS FOR ONE EGG. I almost yelled at the waiter when he told me that. Needless to say I left hungry and debated stopping at Taco Bell on the way home, but I got some donuts and doritos instead.

I still can't believe it, even days later. and that was THE CHEAPEST deviled egg, which was just a deviled egg with a bit of ham. They had some going up to 6 dollars. SIX FUCKING DOLLARS FOR ONE EGG. Go fuck yourself fancy restaurants, I'll take BK over that shit any day of the we

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
My father in law gave me some Al Fresco or some fuck Buffalo Chicken Sausage Patties the other day, he was really excited about trying them.

Disgusting.

-3/10, do not recommend.
If you're gonna try any of Al Fresco's chicken sausages, make it :

dinner-fully-cooked-chicken-sausage.jpg