The Fast Food Thread

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Nah man I'm trying to get swole so I'm just going to get pasta bowls with sausage/meatballs/chicken and tell them to hold the pasta. Several years ago during pasta bowl I got them to give me a plate of 9 meatballs with sauce and it was one of the best dining experiences ever.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Nah man I'm trying to get swole so I'm just going to get pasta bowls with sausage/meatballs/chicken and tell them to hold the pasta. Several years ago during pasta bowl I got them to give me a plate of 9 meatballs with sauce and it was one of the best dining experiences ever.

I think there is more than a decent chance that "meat toppings" are going to cost you extra. During the standard all-you-can-eat pasta bowls, that price only covers noodles & sauce. Any addition of chicken, meatballs, or sausage is an extra charge per bowl.

I made that mistake once, years ago. Went in for the $9.99 pasta bowl and ended up paying like $20 after I added chicken to 3 bowls of fettucini alfredo

edit - yep
rs_1024x588-150916134606-1024-olive-garden-past-pass.jm.091615.jpg

Last edited:

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I think there is more than a decent chance that "meat toppings" are going to cost you extra. During the standard all-you-can-eat pasta bowls, that price only covers noodles & sauce. Any addition of chicken, meatballs, or sausage is an extra charge per bowl.

I made that mistake once, years ago. Went in for the $9.99 pasta bowl and ended up paying like $20 after I added chicken to 3 bowls of fettucini alfredo

Incorrect.

Normal pasta bowl consists (and always has, as far as I know) of a one-time upcharge for meatballs and/or sausage. You can switch them out as you order though (so start with meatballs, then switch to sausage on a refill for no additional charge). Chicken has traditionally been different, in that it required an upcharge with each refill. However, I think that has changed this year and chicken is included in the one-time upcharge like other meats.

Source: I'm fat.

Also, for pasta pass it doesn't make any difference. You get a pasta, sauce, and meat included in the pasta pass. From the fine print of the pasta pass:

Each “NEPB meal” consists of pasta, sauce, and a single topping serving from the promotional NEPB menu.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
photos, + daily combo's we pick via poll? 49 days of pasta glory

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Got a pasta pass! Recruited a few people to spam the site and pick one up since I wasn't able to be at a phone/computer at 2:00PM. My body is ready!
Isn't this like prescribing an unlimited supply of hydrocodone to a heroin addict? Well, this time when McCheese disappears, we will know the reason. Rip in pieces bruh.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Isn't this like prescribing an unlimited supply of hydrocodone to a heroin addict? Well, this time when McCheese disappears, we will know the reason. Rip in pieces bruh.

He's beaten the pasta bowl before, he'll beat it again! BELIEVE IN HIM!

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I know there are some Phoenix bros on this board, went to a place in Tempe a week or so ago called chuckbox, pretty fantastic burger. Cash only though.
Late as fuck to this thread, but that place as been around a long long looonnnggg ass time. Learned about it a decade ago when friends in college were at ASU. Fuck... not 10 , 15 years ago? getting old...

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Late as fuck to this thread, but that place as been around a long long looonnnggg ass time. Learned about it a decade ago when friends in college were at ASU. Fuck... not 10 , 15 years ago? getting old...
Oh, I'm not saying it's new or anything. I just moved here a few months ago and went there with some people from work

trex

Queen Bee
I didn't realize you didn't have to pay extra for toppings. I suppose less of a rip off now. Especially if you have an endless appetite.

So what about salad and breadsticks? Do you go in, show your card and pay $0+ tip?

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
The Cheetos chicken fries are shit. Barely any cheetos flavor. Dissappointing compared to the mac n cheetos.

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
Popeyes chicken tenders are terribad. They're too thin. The only fast food chicken fingers options we have here are KFC or Popeyes, and KFC easily wins.
They strip away softly and it is super seasoned right. I don't think our KFC has any tenders but will confirm once they finish building their store.

I feel that Popeye's offer best chicken for best buck right now. I hate their fried chicken though. Fucking greasy shit...tender however always comes out super crispy and cooked to perfection.

I always come out happy. Shit is awesome all around.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Not fast food per say, but it was the wife's birthday Sunday so we gorged on burgers and fries at our favorite burger joint saturday night and then picked up District Donuts on the way home for dessert/breakfast in the morning. These behemoths are more work of art than donut. We got a cookies and cream, mocha, beignet, and pina colada donut. The pina colada was my favorite, I love pineapple and it had a pineapple ring on top. You associate pineapple with being sour, but sitting on the donut I guess it absorbed the sugar as it was actually sweet. The cream they filled it with was just amazing, unlike any other cream stuffing I've experienced before, it was really light, almost like a foam is the best way I can describe it.

If you're ever in New Orleans, I can highly recommend District Donuts.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
I'm sure it's been said before, but the Biscuits and Gravy Lays potato chips are legit.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users