The Fast Food Thread

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
eh...lay's chip it is.

Where do you live again? I like in KC, so the nearest stocked Utz might be 8hrs away or more. I bet you aren't far from Utz territory (or Herr's for that matter)

Also just saw these:

CjT6-OfWUAIs6Ju.jpg

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
It's weird to see people raving about Utz chips here, because everyone I know views them as bottom tier chips at best. I guess maybe we're just sick of them since we're right in the heart of Utz country and like half the chips at grocery and convenience stores are Utz.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Never even heard of Utz.

Are those crab balls actually crab-flavored or just the seasoning flavor that you put on crabs?

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
They label them as crab when they don't think licensing Old Bay's name will give them enough of a bump in sales over just calling them crab to justify the expense.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
It's weird to see people raving about Utz chips here, because everyone I know views them as bottom tier chips at best. I guess maybe we're just sick of them since we're right in the heart of Utz country and like half the chips at grocery and convenience stores are Utz.

For me at least, it's probably that there aren't really any chip brands here that aren't nationwide brands, and if you're looking for weird flavors you're kind of SOL unless it's something that Lays/Pringles/Ruffles/etc normally makes.

Mario Speedwagon

Gold Recognition
<Prior Amod>
They are solid. I had them with Warsteiner Octoberfest and a hamburger.
Went to the store yesterday and they just happened to have one bag of these chips. They aren't bad but I probably wouldn't buy them again with cheddar jalapeno and fried pickle chips on the shelf right next to them. Definitely a good flavor to go with a nice brew though.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Went to the store yesterday and they just happened to have one bag of these chips. They aren't bad but I probably wouldn't buy them again with cheddar jalapeno and fried pickle chips on the shelf right next to them. Definitely a good flavor to go with a nice brew though.

Yep nothing compared to the god tier Fried Pickle Chips but compared to what most of the country gets they are indeed solid.

They label them as crab when they don't think licensing Old Bay's name will give them enough of a bump in sales over just calling them crab to justify the expense.

And sadly fall way short of Herr's Old Bay chips.

Utz Fried Pickle, Tapatio Doritos and Herr's Old Bay. My 3 favorites.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Utz's cheese balls are pretty good. I had some of their Old Bay chips and was very underwhelmed.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Just had Arby's pork belly smokehouse sandwich. Can confirm, it's legit. I was worried it was gonna be too greasy, because pork belly, but it wasn't and the crispy onions on top were awesome!