The Fast Food Thread

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I've only been to Red Lobster once, but my impression was that it's equal food quality to Long John Silver's but 3 times the price.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm convinced red lobster is kept alive by our african american brethren.

Growing up Red Lobster was the once every couple months family night out. I'm not even that pretentious when it comes to food but I wouldn't set foot in one.

And yes black people love it.

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
Growing up Red Lobster was the once every couple months family night out. I'm not even that pretentious when it comes to food but I wouldn't set foot in one.

Do they accept EBT? I don't get it.

• 1Like

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm

Haha it was the same for me. I loved the shit outta red lobster! Still do honestly... Why people be hating on it? I guess this is what I get for growing up in Arizona, where there isn't great seafood just chilling all over the place? I mean I realize it's not top tier by any means, but who doesn't like the Ultimate Feast meal?

ultimate_feast.jpg

• 1Solidarity

TrollfaceDeux

<Bronze Donator>
Haha it was the same for me. I loved the shit outta red lobster! Still do honestly... Why people be hating on it? I guess this is what I get for growing up in Arizona, where there isn't great seafood just chilling all over the place? I mean I realize it's not top tier by any means, but who doesn't like the Ultimate Feast meal?

View attachment 102470
All I see is frozen crap reheated and buttered

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
All I see is frozen crap reheated and buttered
And this differs from most fast food places, such as Long John Silvers how?

Is the issue with the price? I mean it's pretty damn fucking cheap for what you get? Where else can you get the above picture for $20? If you wanted better quality seafood, the price obviously would be way higher, and while all of the above is terribly easy to make at home, that's a lot of work you don't want to do sometimes.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Had the worst BK experience in years. Ordered a bacon king with large coke. Drove 30 minutes and sat down to eat. The cheese and bacon were cold, in fact the cheese was not melted it was just a bunch of solid pieces of cheese. Soda tasted like shitty water too.

Pissed me off because it was a highway BK and more expensive than a regular one

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Had the worst BK experience in years. Ordered a bacon king with large coke. Drove 30 minutes and sat down to eat. The cheese and bacon were cold, in fact the cheese was not melted it was just a bunch of solid pieces of cheese. Soda tasted like shitty water too.

Pissed me off because it was a highway BK and more expensive than a regular one

BK has serious quality control issues between it's franchises. We have one a couple towns over that is amazing, puts out stuff that almost looks like the pictures. The one in my town is absolute dogshit, everything is constantly fucked up.

• 1Solidarity

TrollfaceDeux

<Bronze Donator>
And this differs from most fast food places, such as Long John Silvers how?

Is the issue with the price? I mean it's pretty damn fucking cheap for what you get? Where else can you get the above picture for $20? If you wanted better quality seafood, the price obviously would be way higher, and while all of the above is terribly easy to make at home, that's a lot of work you don't want to do sometimes.
Just sayin.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
BK has serious quality control issues between it's franchises. We have one a couple towns over that is amazing, puts out stuff that almost looks like the pictures. The one in my town is absolute dogshit, everything is constantly fucked up.
We call that WQVS (Wendy's Quality Variance Syndrome)

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
I've only been to Red Lobster once, but my impression was that it's equal food quality to Long John Silver's but 3 times the price.

Long John Silver's has gotten considerably better than the last time I ate at one in the early 90's then. Don't get me wrong, I live on the coast so Red Lobster isn't the first name that comes to mind when I wanna go out for seafood but it was always better than LJS, which was shit tier on almost every level in my few experiences with them. Nothing like the old Cedric's Fish and Chips, which was shit tier yet tasty fast food seafood. You gotta keep it simple if you're gonna play the seafood game on that level.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Ritley

Karazhan Raider

View attachment 102470
Yeah, if it actually looked like that when you got it it wouldn't be too bad. The biscuits are reason enough to go though. Just order a salad and eat like 20 biscuits

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
The one we had in the small college town was awful. Half stale buns (like just the left side of a sandwich was completely hard), cold meat/cheese, and they poured soda out of 2-liters

Gnomedolf

<Silver Donator>
I will never set foot in a Red Lobster ever again. Years ago I got food poisoning from there, and each visit since has given me terrible food for too high a price.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Red Lobster is for land-locked states. If you're touching an ocean and complaining about Red Lobster, it's your own damn fault.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I've never even seen a Red Lobster in the Bay Area so I checked their locations. Surprisingly, there are almost 10. Ridiculous. And I thought having a McCormick and Schmick's here in the city was too far.