The Fast Food Thread

Oldbased

> Than U
I mean full day. Break it down to three meals its not that..... Ya its not great. I still have another qp in the fridge to heat up, and a bunch of hot pockets. I dont fuck around on bachelor weekends.
Feel like a bag of hammered assholes today, but I did eat my last QP for bfast. lol
Just remember, mineral spirits removes tar from assholes. Just make sure you wipe away the organs first.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Meal of shame today here too. Military base here has a few fast food choices. I was early for work, so dropped in to Taco Bell and ate my normal 3x chicken soft taco supremes add pico. Still felt hungry as fuck, so dropped by Arby's on the way out for 2x beef and cheddars and a large curly fries to take into work. They lasted about 15 minutes after setting foot in the door. The poo tonight will be glorious.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Every time I go through a drive-thru I end up behind the asshole that orders 100+ dollars worth of food, I don't understand why they don't refuse the order and tell them to come inside. I got trapped behind that asshole for 30 mins.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Ate my farewell to naked chicken today. talked with manager, you conspiracy theorist have it all wrong. She said they rotate specials every month and a half. The reason why naked chicken is leaving is not due to drive-through times, its because the triple double crunchwrap rotated back in.

Order:
Naked box / soft / cool ranch/baja blast (4x refills while waiting)
4x naked
habanero double stack taco
cup of cheese (I have chips at home)
(wife typically eats only one item and maxes at two)
(son usually only eats half a cup of cheese, maxing at half a taco)

So the naked was really good on the first go, but it didn't past the quantity test. Ironically, tomatoes were its downfall. Frankly, it needs them, but in numbers, the chances of getting a sour/bad dice increases. The Avo ranch is great, but i ended up adding mild or dipping in cheese to bolster.
side: first time doing the mild, i usually got hottest due to my gender, but I actually like the flavor (i think, needs more testing) of mild best. (diablo is too powdery)

habanero ranch of double stack is good, but not something I would load down with (through the use of multiple tacos). I use them as a palette offsetter. For example, 5 tacos, hab is #3; 6, hab is #3 and #5.

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
Every time I go through a drive-thru I end up behind the asshole that orders 100+ dollars worth of food, I don't understand why they don't refuse the order and tell them to come inside. I got trapped behind that asshole for 30 mins.
fucking dumb. KFC I always go in because I need to count the chicken. What is wrong with these people.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I've said it countless times in this thread, but the drive thru is almost always a terrible decision. Unless it's super late (and the inside is closed) or -40 degrees and you have a whiny woman and/or kid with you that doesn't want to get out of the car, there is no reason to go to the drive thru.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
I've said it countless times in this thread, but the drive thru is almost always a terrible decision. Unless it's super late (and the inside is closed) or -40 degrees and you have a whiny woman and/or kid with you that doesn't want to get out of the car, there is no reason to go to the drive thru.

You think the quality of food is worse when you go through drive through?

McCheese

You think the quality of food is worse when you go through drive through?

Not at all. I just think the drive thru brings extra issues to deal with while being (marginally, and only sometimes) faster than parking and going inside.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Not at all. I just think the drive thru brings extra issues to deal with while being (marginally, and only sometimes) faster than parking and going inside.

My man! I've been saying exactly this for years and my kids mock me saying it isn't true. I'll tell them McCheese says it's true, so that ends the argument.

McCheese

Drive thrus also result in getting incorrect sodas, which never happens when you fill them yourself inside. In this very thread people have posted about how they drove away from the drive thru and then realized they'd gotten a root beer instead of Dr. Pepper or whatever.

I also feel like it's easier to check that you have the correct order/everything you ordered when you get it inside. You're not pressured to take the bag and start driving, and it's easier to rifle through the bag inside at the counter or on a table than trying to do that in your car.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Eh, I don't find that I encounter that very often. 5% chance of a fuckup is worth the 100% chance of not having to leave my private car and go out among the rest of the apes.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Eh, I don't find that I encounter that very often. 5% chance of a fuckup is worth the 100% chance of not having to leave my private car and go out among the rest of the apes.

When I'm with the family we're ordering for 7 people. Chance of getting something wrong in the drive through: 100%

If it is just me, I might stay in the car and use the drive through.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I also prefer to go inside and order. I don't like eating while in the car. I'll only do that if I'm really pressed for time. Also the In-N-Out drive thru is always so intimidating. Cars out to the road.

Fifey

Trakanon Raider
I back McCheeses play, I used to always park and go inside to get my food if there were more than 2 people in the drive thru line, usually I'd break even on time savings.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
All the fast food joints in my town (all three) prioritize the drive thru when preparing food, and put their mentally less-fit workers at the inside counter. My town at least, drive thru is preferable. Can't remember the last time they messed up an order of mine, and I even usually customize my items...

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah drive thru seems to go faster and gets priority. There could be 20 cars in line and you are the only one ordering inside and those fucking 20 cars get served first. I tell the person that hands me my food to check it and make sure it's right. They get a little pissy but it doesn't make you look like the dipshit that checks his food in the drive thru. If it's wrong it gets fixed quick and now I don't have disappointment when I get home.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I go through the drive-thru. After getting my food I find a close parking spot and test the drink and double check my order. Only then if there is a problem do I go inside.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Yeah, I have played the game where I take note of the car that would have been ahead of me in the drive-thru when I go inside and see if they beat me out of the parking lot. In my experience, there has to be at least 7 or 8 cars in the drive-thru to have any chance of beating them and even then it depends on how many people are inside. It definitely seems to me that the better employees work the drive-thru and they prioritize it over the people that come in. If I had 7 people I would go inside also though, just to avoid having to talk that much through the intercom and having to get everyone's order and relay it.